Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ani-Magic

Unread 08-22-2003, 01:43 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Cool Initial D @ AM'03

Hey everyone,

Animagic 2003 will mark the return of Ryosuke Takahashi and his RX-7 FC3S, as my car has been cooling it's engine since AX back in July. Since October will see a LOT of the FC (it will appear at Animagic, the Metreon Anime Festival, and Yaoicon.)

I will be cosplaying as Ryosuke at Animagic during the Friday night Cosplay Karaoke Revue as well as during the COSPLAY.COM gathering photoshoot on Saturday, I want to see if anyone else would like to join me for doing an Initial D cosplay group. I remember MasterZero saying he'd try to get an AE86 (Hachi-Roku) done in time for AniM.. MZ? How goes the progress on that? (If you get it done, we should try for a skit!) If anyone else wants to join us, they're welcome to, hence why I'm posting this now to give people time if they are planning to build an Initial D car so we can get an Animagic-Racing-Team going.

If anyone else would like to cosplay as the other characters, they can use smaller props, toys, etc. (plushie Trueno's, plastic or die-cast models and/or the boxes, Remote-control cars, or anything that is BIG enough to show up on camera when I take a picture) I ask that if it's possible for them to have the appropriate clothes for the specific character, since it'll look more recognizable from the anime. Example: Takumi has the white t-shirt, Ikentai has a white shirt with a NIZMO logo, Keisuke has a grey sweatshirt (& spikey-hair), Takeshi has a black polo-shirt, Kyoichi has a white head-band, and Mako & Saiyuki have.. Well, here's an example pic of Carolina & Maryssa cosplaying as the Impact Blue duo and their prop-Sil-Eighty:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....=3330 &page=2

If anyone is interested, please post here so we can get a group going. Initial D and SuperEurobeat will be represented in full-spirit by me at Animagic, and so I encourage others to join in the fun. ciao~

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 08-22-2003 at 01:54 AM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-26-2003, 12:00 AM   #2
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Euro, its coming along. I already started it, and with any luck it should be done soon. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

I would also like to encourage others to cosplay any characters of I.D.
Unread 08-26-2003, 12:05 AM   #3
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

damn you =p i swore i'd never squeeze into that red skirt again >.<
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 01:17 AM   #4
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Master Zero: Good to hear about how your progress is going. Keep it up, good luck to you, and keep me posted! The FC is waiting..

Maryssa: Hey, those were the times back then when the three of us cosplayed as Iketani, Mako, & Sayuki, and we were the first Initial D cosplayers! You are the only one I've seen to cosplay Saiyuki, so why not cosplay her onemoretime at Animagic? And although it's not your Sil-Eighty, you can pose next to my FC3S or MZero's AE86 for pics. Heehee We can even do a pose where the two of us are about to race, and you're the starting-line girl counting down "Yon.. San.. Ni.. Ichi.. GOOO!!"

FLASHBACK PICTURE: Here's me cosplaying as Iketani-sempai back at Otakon 2001, complete with my S13 prop.. (Thanks to Anna Neko for the picture!)

http://www.anna-neko.nu/ota2k1/al_chibicar.jpg

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 08-26-2003 at 01:23 AM.
Unread 09-15-2003, 06:11 PM   #5
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Initial D @ AM'03

Its about 90% complete. I'll see if I can post some pics up by this weekend. Hachi-Roku GO!!!!
Unread 09-15-2003, 10:21 PM   #6
Amuro Ray
Konoha Genin

InitialD cosplay

i am going to do Keisuke but i doubt i could finish an FD if i started building it rite now unless i could get some help from Zero becauesi suck at building that srota stuff but it would be pretty kool if we could like get a Project D group along with like a Saiyuki and maybe a Mako cause like EurobeatKing said saiyuki could do the countdown. Well anyways wish me luck and sorry if i dont finish it in time.
Unread 09-15-2003, 11:03 PM   #7
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Good Luck, Amuro!
Unread 09-17-2003, 02:24 AM   #8
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Master: Can't wait to see the pictures of your Trueno! I had some fun with the FC this weekend at the JTAF (check out the pictures on my gallery) although the FC took a little more damage. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make any major repairs between now and Animagic, so whatever small ones I can make will be the best I can do, and it'll still look good in pictures at Animagic.

If you DO manage to get it done in time, let me know ASAP if you wish to do a skit for Animagic, so I can get some music or a part from the anime as background music. Else I'll just take pics with you during the con on Saturday.

Amuro: Yeah, it's tough to get it done, as we're approaching the 2-week notice to Animagic, so good luck if you are trying to get it done.

Right now, it looks like the Initial D group would be myself, MasterZero, Amuro, and Maryssa IF she decides to wear Saiyuki. (will you, Maryssa?) There's still time if anybody else wants to join the mini-group, so feel free to reply.
Unread 09-17-2003, 04:49 PM   #9
Kira_Yamato
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Hmmm, I've been thinking about figuring out a quick cosplay for AM. Initial D's characters all have normal clothing, so that should be easy to do. I could pull of Keisuke pretty easily. I could probably even put together an FC3S in a few hours, with the skills I have from doing all those models over the years....
Kira_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2003, 06:11 PM   #10
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Initial D @ AM'03

dude, I saw the pics, LOL. Man, you must have had a great time! Yeah. Im a get it done this week, because Im also helping Amuro with the FD3S. Then, I can take pics of both of them.

As for the skit, I'll let you know ok?

Take care!
Unread 09-23-2003, 02:34 PM   #11
Kira_Yamato
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Hey, is anyone doing Nakazato? That probably wouldn't be hard at all, especially since the 32 is a relatively easy shape to do.

Lol, I also have a set of little initial D cars, the AE86, FC3S, FD3S, Sil-Eighty, and R32.... They are a little too small, though....

Last edited by Kira_Yamato : 09-23-2003 at 02:38 PM.
Kira_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2003, 06:08 PM   #12
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Initial D @ AM'03

Kira, I dont think so. As far as I know, theres only the FC3S, the FD3S and the AE86. Go ahead and make the R32, we'd love more Cars ^^
Unread 09-23-2003, 09:45 PM   #13
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Master: OK, the PM I sent you clarrified that I was planning on doing a little walk-on/skit at Animagic for SATURDAY night, but since you're busy, that's OK. I may back out of the scheduled Friday-night Cosplay Karaoke Revue, and only wear the FC for the photoshoot on Saturday. The gathering on Saturday will be probably before the cosplay.com photoshoot which is around 1pm, so I will be wearing Ryosuke to the photoshoot, so if the Intial D gathering is either before or afterwards, I'll be sure to take pics with you guys.
Unread 09-23-2003, 11:41 PM   #14
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Solid. Amuro and I will be there, so we can get a "Project D" pic taken as well.
Unread 09-23-2003, 11:56 PM   #15
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

Hey do you want me for the skit too?
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote