Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
BlindCalliope
LET US FORM A BOND!!!

APH World Cosplay Summit [Panel Discussion and Participation ONLY, Please.]

So the first thread was getting a bit cluttered. Time for America to be the Hero, and do a little shed cleaning!

This thread is for discussion of the Peace Summit Panel, and interest in participating in it, ONLY. For general APH cosplay discussion, please go here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=195171

ALRIGHT EVERYONE! LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS TO SOLVE THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS. And I, America, have the PERFECT solution! It's fool proof! And I need all of you to be my support! I'll be the hero! Who's with me?!

America wants YOU, my fellow countries, to participate in a World Peace Summit! Invite all your people to come observe what we nations do best! Solve issues! (Or actually, it's more like bicker and argue and throw things at communists.)

So, in order to attend/be a part of the historical occasion, here is the vital information:

The panel is being held Friday evening at 8 PM.

We are looking for only ONE of each country. Any country not listed is free game, any country listed in black may or may not be eventually up for grabs. See information below.

If your name is already on the list below, please send a PM to TrannyMess or myself with this information, or post it in a reply to this thread.

User Name:
Country and Version:
Issue to bring for discussion (Must be relevant to your country.):
Entrance/Theme song (Again, must be relevant to your country):

You will need to bring a name tag to the summit. This could be something as simple as a piece of paper folded over with your country's name (country, not human) written.

If you would like to be part of the summit and your country has not been accepted as part of the summit yet, please respond in the following format:

If your character has already been taken, please apply for an understudy in case something doesn't work out.

THERE IS A DRESS CODE FOR PARTICPANTS.
You will need to be doing some form of formal outfit to take part in the summit. Military uniforms, police uniforms, and suits are allowed. Street clothes are not. This is supposed to be a mock peace summit. This does not apply to the audience.

DEAD LINE FOR NEW CHARACTERS WILL BE SOMETIME IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. PLEASE BE THINKING! Those listed in BLACK need to confirm.

Axis Powers Hetalia Peace Summit Participants:

Axis Powers Hetalia Peace Summit

America – BlindCalliope
Ancient Rome: AgentSAMa
Australia - Kefa's Sanity's friend
Austria - Teoka
Canada – TrannyMess
Cuba - Kefka's Sanity
Belarus - lostdreamz
Denmark – HeartlessHalo
Finland – SaintQ
France – Canada’s Boyfriend
Hungary - ShinyBlackSheep
Japan - KateSkirmish
Korea- StrawberrySiren
Lithuania- Kasy C.
N. Italy – PirateSwoop
Poland - bananabean
Russia - PhantomThief
South Italy – Mii-kun
Sweden - Digit

Confirmation Complete[/color]
Partially Confirmed
Not Confirmed

Confirmation Complete
Partially Confirmed
Not Confirmed

We are still taking reservations on Understudies and New countries! PLEASE let us know!

Also, since the last thread's previous post has been notorious for not being editable, please keep refferring to later posts in this thread for updates!

Thank you!
~~~~~~~

DeviantART / / Tumblr
(because I ironically update those more often)

Last edited by BlindCalliope : 12-17-2009 at 12:19 PM.
BlindCalliope is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
AgentSAMa
The Bee's Knees!

Just going to do a final double check and ask if the toga can count as formal wear. It was definitely more formal than the tunic alone. Plus, my toga is kind of like a divine toga trabea, more or less, which was reserved only for the gods, so...

This is just in case I can't get my armor done in time, which I know would be more obvious better suited for the formal requirement (and the way the economy's going, it seems to be the case.)

==THE FUTURE!!!==

Katsucon 2013: Jake English, Dad, Gin (Tokyo Godfathers)
Otakon 2013: Dad, Bolin, Black King
Unassigned: 21
AgentSAMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentSAMa View Post
Just going to do a final double check and ask if the toga can count as formal wear. It was definitely more formal than the tunic alone. Plus, my toga is kind of like a divine toga trabea, more or less, which was reserved only for the gods, so...

This is just in case I can't get my armor done in time, which I know would be more obvious better suited for the formal requirement (and the way the economy's going, it seems to be the case.)
For Rome, yes. He doesn't really have anything quite formal but I would consider his attire formal for the time period. I really just said "formal" because I don't want people showing up in street clothing versions of their characters.

So, basically, wear what your character would wear to a world summit. I can't think of any other characters that would have the same issue as Rome, but if you're not sure, just check with me.

Thanks for asking though! <3
Scott Pilgrim - Scott Pilgrim
Queen Victoria - Kuroshitsuji
Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia
Badou Nails - Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
TrannyMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
jetspectacular
Barrel Roll to Evade

this sounds awesome!! though I can't go to Katsucon I would have definitely signed up as Turkey or Cyprus ^^;

I hope you guys take a lot of photos/video! I'd really love to see this live but unfortunately can't travel.. What are the issues on the floor?

I don't mean to intrude or presume, (but I only read the last 5 pages of the first hetalia thread... and) do you guys want/need procedural help ala Mock UN style? :3 I was the moderator for the Hetalia Mock UN Debate in Los Angeles, and I'd be happy to forward or explain some procedure resources or give more open-ended conference topics that need no actual research but are fun and relevant... (though it's mostly at http://sites.google.com/site/hetalia...mple-procedure )

I understand if you guy just want to have a free-for all debate as well, but since you have panel heads, I thought you may want to look into it?

Great idea on the Dress Code too! I support 100% (but then again that's because I'm a MUN-nerd.. ^^; )
Unread 11-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspectacular View Post
this sounds awesome!! though I can't go to Katsucon I would have definitely signed up as Turkey or Cyprus ^^;

I hope you guys take a lot of photos/video! I'd really love to see this live but unfortunately can't travel.. What are the issues on the floor?

I don't mean to intrude or presume, (but I only read the last 5 pages of the first hetalia thread... and) do you guys want/need procedural help ala Mock UN style? :3 I was the moderator for the Hetalia Mock UN Debate in Los Angeles, and I'd be happy to forward or explain some procedure resources or give more open-ended conference topics that need no actual research but are fun and relevant... (though it's mostly at http://sites.google.com/site/hetalia...mple-procedure )

I understand if you guy just want to have a free-for all debate as well, but since you have panel heads, I thought you may want to look into it?

Great idea on the Dress Code too! I support 100% (but then again that's because I'm a MUN-nerd.. ^^; )
Thanks for the information! I'll check the site out. My History professor from my freshman year actually said he would love to help as well. I sent him Hetalia to watch. He was amused.

As far as the topics go, we are having each person in the panel select a topic that goes along with their country. We're not using all of them, but it will show us that each person did some research and is somewhat knowledgeable about it. We will probably have a few general topics as well.

I'll probably post a tentative agenda soon.
Unread 11-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
BlindCalliope
LET US FORM A BOND!!!

First post edited.
~~~~~~~

DeviantART / / Tumblr
Unread 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

The Official Listing of Characters

Edit:
UPDATED LIST!!!!!!

Also, I wanted to clear things up even though I felt that they were well explained and clearly stated. You are not confirmed until ALL of your information is in. This means your song, topic, and confirmation that you will be there. If these are not in, your character is not confirmed and your spot will be reopened for anyone else to claim.

On the same note, if you claim a character, you will have three days to get all of your information in. Please keep this in mind.

As far as topics go, we do have some guidelines. It must deal with your country. It can not be potentially controversial and, thus, problem causing. We must be able to tell you either did some research on your country or are familiar with it. If you are going to be representing that country, you should know at least something about it.

Please note this will be a semi-scripted panel (it will have an agenda and moderator). If you feel that you will not be able to remain somewhat "professional" during the panel, this may not be the best panel for you to take part in. We will have fun. We just do not want chaos.

Axis Powers Hetalia Peace Summit

America – bananabean
Ancient Rome: AgentSAMa
Australia - Kefa's Sanity's friend
Austria - Teoka
Belarus – lostdreamz
Canada – TrannyMess
China - LoveAnime18
Cuba - Kefka's Sanity
Cyprus - stafffighter
Denmark – HeartlessHalo
Egypt - Runi-chan
Finland – SaintQ
France – Canada’s Boyfriend
Germany – Jesse
Hong Kong - xdayglo
Hungary - ShinyBlackSheep
Japan - KateSkirmish
Korea - StrawberrySiren
Latvia - Kurioh
Lithuania- Kasy C.
N. Italy – PirateSwoop
Russia - PhantomThief
Prussia – keikana
Sealand - shanaloveu2
South Italy – Mii-kun
Sweden – Digit
Ukraine - esmereina

Confirmation Complete
Partially Confirmed
Not Confirmed

Edit: All characters applications are closed. If you are not on the list but feel you should be, feel free to PM ME about it. There will be more updates to come.

Last edited by TrannyMess : 01-11-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Unread 11-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Country and Version: Korea. In his good ol' Korean self.
Issue to bring for discussion: Korea's mad missiles!
Entrance/Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NdVPTQkRaY

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #9
o01101011
Just call me Digit

Doing this for Pierce since he rarely posts, and Finland and I are kinda conning him into doing this for us...He's okayed the topic. (men! lol)

Country and Version: Denmark [Standard]
Issue to bring for discussion: The use of sexy women as tourist lures
(blame a denmark site for this one, i kid you not.)
Entrance/Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYcioG-o4c0
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #10
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Do we... Seriously not have a Germany...? I'll be back. *runs across campus*
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #11
Zipchan

There's no Seychelles either, I just noticed. ._.;; Not as important as Germany, obviously, but still...

Would you guys mind if a Seychelles joined in? =D
Zipchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #12
o01101011
Just call me Digit

The more the merrier I say =D (obviously as long as we dont end up doubling lol)

Also holy crap you're right we DONT have a germany......oh right, Kurt isn't able to come and he was gonna be the German.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
BlindCalliope
LET US FORM A BOND!!!

First post again updated to mirror TrannyMess's list (Honestly, it'd be better if we kept all of that confined to the first post, due to what happened last time.)

Sadly, Kurt's not going to be able to make it. And it's kinda funny. Because I think he was actually looking forward to it.

And I was seriously contemplating changing countries, but Tranny threatened me with her hockey stick.
~~~~~~~

DeviantART / / Tumblr
Unread 11-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

If England's still in need of a topic, BBC did a series of stories on London protests against lap dance clubs and and a few more concerning the no-contact rule being violated XD *cough* Totally political.

I haven't gotten a hold of my mansla- I mean my Germany yet but he'll probably do it if asked *manic laughter* So if anyone's on the fence about it, do iiiiiiiit!

Still crossing my fingers for Russia, but if not I'm up for Austria or... ... ... Norway? >>;

~Ari
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #15
KateSkirmish
BINARY SOLO! 0000001...

NO DOITSU-SAN???? D: i cant possibly handle italia all on my own! *worries about making the right food and trying to keep italy from climbing in my bed*

doitsu-san! we need you!!!! DX

ALSO....

screw it. everyone keeps mentioning such ridiculous topics, so japans back up topic (not that you are allowing one) is "extreme otaku: affects on a global society"

AWA '11
Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere)
Elizabeth (Persona 3)
Irabu (Trapeze)
Japan (Hetalia)
P-ko (Arakawa)

Katsu '12
Gwendolyn
Elizabeth
Celty (DRRR)
Rose (Homestuck)
Ronald (Kuroshitsuji)
Fem!Klokateer (Metalocalypse)

AZ '12
Celty
Elizabeth
Ronald

Last edited by KateSkirmish : 11-18-2009 at 05:25 PM.
KateSkirmish is offline   Reply With Quote