Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-23-2003, 03:15 PM   #1
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Looking for any cosplayers in southeastern michigan

Inspired by the chicago post I am looking for any cosplayers in southeastern michigan, anywheres from detroit to flint and beyond. I live in waterford and I've discovered that michigan sux for finding people into anime and especially cosplaying. So if your from anywhere's in southeastern michigan and into cosplaying let me know mebbe we can get a skit together or something.
Gryphonic_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2003, 05:29 PM   #2
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

hi! I live right by detroit in the anchor bay aria, are you going to Motor City Comic con this october?
panda ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2003, 02:15 AM   #3
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

huh? Motor city comic con? when where why who?

tell me more. honestly though probly not. I have big plans for conning this october. Kazecon, c-kon and another one in chicago I forget the name for!! I haven't made any serious plan other than "ooooohhhhh I wanna go!" so lemme know more about this motor city comic con thingy!
Unread 08-24-2003, 11:21 AM   #4
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

otay ^^

Ok well its obviously in Detroit (thus the name motor city comic con :P)And it is being held at the novi expo center, it is this october, 18-19. THe website really dosnt have much info on it yet but ill still give u the site so u can check back to see if it has updated http://www.motorcityconventions.com/...ity_comic_con/ bai bai
Unread 08-26-2003, 11:54 PM   #5
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Hello there. SE Michigan, eh? Sounds like you're right up my alley. I live perhaps 30 minutes from you and there is a decent sized group out here that you'll have to be introduced to.

You mentioned an interest in doing a skit with a group. What did you have in mind? Also if you don't mind me asking you, what is your experience with cosplaying thus far?

As far as cons go, the 3rd one you were trying to remember was Anime Reactor(also in Chicago). The Motor City Comic con comes around twice a year if I remember correctly and is held in Novi. Its more of a comic convention than anything(name implying afterall) and the Anime following isn't nearly that big. There are a few enthused costumers here and there, but not as many cosplayers. Just my observations though.

Well, I hope to hear back from you on this thread.

Ja'
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2003, 12:38 AM   #6
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Well great to here from you!!! as for a skit together, It wasn't intended to be any definate plans but mebbe something that might happen. As for my cosplay experience weelllll uuuhhhh none. in fact the only convention I've been to is jafax. But I plan to gain some experience in october. I'm cementing plans to go to c-kon and kazecon and have three costumes currently under plans. Work begins tommorow!! I'm planning on armitage (armitage III), Count D (petshop of horrors), and genjo sanzo (gensomaden saiyuki). Count D and Genjo are actually fairly simple and armitage I've been designing for a couple of months. It's kinda hard with me being a guy!!!.

I plan to begin work on count D first so mebbe I'll change some plans!

well if'n ye mebbe want to contact me, write me at Gryphonic_Angel@hotmail.com
Unread 08-27-2003, 12:39 AM   #7
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

that would be Gryphonic_angel
Unread 09-09-2003, 03:55 AM   #8
BountyBebopLuva
Go ahead, obey me :)

OMG! Finally!! Someone going to Motor City Comic Con!!! I went in erm.. June.. maybe it was July and had a BLAST! This time I'm cosplaying! I'm going with my best friend who really isn't big into all this kind of stuff. It would be nice to get a group to hang out with..

I live in Addison, a small town 15 minutes from Adrian and 15 minutes from Jackson. If anyone wants to contact me about M.C.C.C do so at: sorry_mister@hotmail.com. Thanks ^^.

In Progress Planned Finished

ACen
Lloyd Asplund Code Geass: R2 Pj!Faye Valentine Cowboy Bebop - original design
BountyBebopLuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #9
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

*cheers*!! Cool we are not alone out here! I'm from Milford but attending college down in Detroit right now. I seem to be right in the middle of everyone so far
If anyone has some questions or anything please feel free to PM me.

Also I'm attending the Michigan Renaissance Festival this weekend so if anyone happens to be heading out that way maybe we can meet up!
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2003, 05:38 PM   #10
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

awsome!im going out to the renaissance festival this weekend! Im 13, still rather young, and i will most likely be wearing a pure white princess gown, with wings if i can find some ^^'. will u be dressing up? well maybe ill see u there ^^
Unread 09-10-2003, 07:59 PM   #11
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Heh I'm terribly sorry but I won't have boots or much else to make that convincing of a costume yet...It's all still in the shop so to speak. I've already been talking with Catboi about meeting him at the MRF - if you'd like perhaps we can arrage some 3-person group ? Either way I am bringing my equipment, and wouldn't mind at all meeting my first cosplayers! *Feels that it is indeed an honor to be able to finally meet other cosplayers*.
Unread 09-11-2003, 02:12 PM   #12
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

That sounds like a really fun idea.

I've been working at the Ren Fest like our Link here was saying, so a group could prove to be fun. Please keep me updated.
Unread 09-11-2003, 02:22 PM   #13
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Sorry about the double post, but this is in regards to the Motor City Comic Con. MCCC isn't that good of a con for cosplaying as there aren't that many people there that do that. My recommendation is to try for ConClave.

http://conclave.hamjudo.com

ConClave is a well established con(28 years) and its better fandom wise where as MCCC is mainly a big dealers room with a few other things. Also I think that it would be cool if we could set up a big meeting over there for the SE Michigan cosplayers there. I already have a group going there and we plan on taking the masquerade by storm. If you guys want to hook up there, I think it would be cool. Tell me what you all think.
Unread 09-11-2003, 03:41 PM   #14
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Even though I'm sure we've done this through PM's...Panda and Catboi have already gotten in touch with me but shall we agree on a time or meeting place? I can imagine myself getting to the faire Sunday anytime from 11am to 1pm depending on how things work out. Any place in the grounds I don't mind meeting at but whatever works for you guys.
Unread 09-12-2003, 10:50 PM   #15
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

sadly i cannot make it to the rennesaince festival this weekend. If you guys are wondering what happened to me I just got a new job and i've been kinda busy. I'm trying to work on setting something up at gameworks (I work there too) so that we can all get together. I'll post again in a day or two with more details.