Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-17-2003, 12:12 AM   #16
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

TRL: It was great getting to meet you in person this last weekend. We'll talk more over IM.

GA: Which Gameworks do you work at?

If anyone is interested in attending ConClave, please contact me so that we can arrange things. Hope to hear from everyone.

Unread 09-22-2003, 02:10 AM   #17
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likewise Catboi. I should have posted sooner but yes I can easily say that it was nice to meet my first cosplayer! *cheers* Thanks for staying in touch and I'm sure we'll see each other at the festival on the 28th.

Not sure if I'd have everything together for Conclave or Motor City but we can see what works out.
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2003, 04:43 PM   #18
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

YES! im going to the festival on the 28th!WOOT!as for who ill be dressed as, well, um...... still kinda working on that, lol. hope to see u there and ill tell u who ill dress as so u know who to look for ^^
panda ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2003, 07:25 PM   #19
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Ok double woot! I'm going on the 28th too!!!! *cheers*. I should have no problem bringing everything back that I had brought before. Perhaps we 3 can meet at the drink stand
Unread 09-24-2003, 12:53 AM   #20
whiteswordsman

Cosplay

HEY ALL,
I live in Huron Township, Michigan (southeast) and I go to EMU (eastern michigan university). I'm new to cosplaying, but as of now I'm trying to get my stuff ready for a Gatsu costume that I'll be debuting at Kaze con in Illinois.......There are a lot of cosplayers at EMU, if anyone wants to meet up sometime, drop me a line dcerny@emich.edu
whiteswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2003, 02:21 AM   #21
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

I'm at the University of Detroit Mercy myself so if things work out perhaps we can meet up sometime.
Unread 09-24-2003, 06:03 PM   #22
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Talking Fellow Michigan cosplayers UNITE!!!

Greetings all!

This is Venus Sanders, Anime Central 2003 Masquerade Stage Manager & fellow Michigan cosplayer!!

I would like to get in contact with all of you in regards to a local gathering. I work at Buffalo Wild Wings, in Mt. Clemens and I think that it would be great if all of us could hang out there!

I'm also starting plans for our Anime Central 2004 trip & cosplay projects. Maybe we could all get together and discuss.

I too have gone to the MCCC and have cosplayed there as well. Might I recommend for those of you more into a "anime con" to head to JFAX. It's on the other side of the state, but there's a more welcomed feel for cosplayers there.

Feel free to IM me about info and such! You can reach me at:

email: venus_sanders@yahoo.com or venus2869@comcast.net
IM: Yahoo venus_sanders

Can't wait to talk & Meet all of ya!!
Unread 09-24-2003, 06:08 PM   #23
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

awsome! i live right by mt. clemens! i have also been to jafax, where u there this year? i have been trying to brive my mom into driving me to anime central but the furthest she will drive is to jafax, lol. hmmm, well keep in touch and maybe we can all plan something out ^^
Unread 09-24-2003, 07:18 PM   #24
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Wow yes yes yes! I must find a way we all can do something! I don't live right by you but I have had thoughts about going to ACEN next year if I can finish my costume in time. I'm so looking forward to meeting more Cosplayers I know Jaquii and RyanW usually attend ACEN but there is no way I can yet get there on my own. Perhaps we can make a gathering somewhere in the area on a weekend? I'd love to come dressed but I do not know how long until I have my other parts of the costume completed. I'll definitely be getting in touch with you Venus. Thanks for introducing yourself!
Unread 09-27-2003, 02:40 PM   #25
whiteswordsman

blah blah

I live in Michigan too, but not very close to Mt. Clemens. I would still be very interested in meeting there sometime and I would definately be interested in doing some group stuff at conventions and all. I am going to my first con this October (Kaze con in Illinois) as Guts from Berserk. I'm currently looking for someone that wants to go to a con as Caska (obviously only a girl can do this). Well, I'm out.......
whiteswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2003, 02:40 PM   #26
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

T-R-L: It was great seeing you again at ren fest yesterday, sorry that I was so tough to track down. It really was a hectic weekend. How did your pictures turn out? Can't wait to see them.

PN: Were you there yesterday at fest? If you did make it, I'm really sorry that I missed you. I was running up and down fest all day.

Venus: I didn't know there was a BW3 in Mt. Clemens. The only one in the area that I knew about was in Sterling Heights in front of the AMC theater there(Mound Rd and M-59/Hall Rd). I'm all up for a gathering there. ^_^
Unread 09-29-2003, 03:30 PM   #27
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

yes i was there yesterday, i dont think i saw any of you guys there tho, i was to buisy running around in my pretty little fairy wings and pokeing random people with my sparkly horns O.o lol
Unread 09-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #28
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Thanks again for keeping me informed Catboi. I know it's hard to manage everything so please don't feel too bad...that faire was SO busy! Yes all the pics turned out great, I can show you during the week sometime. The Musketeers and pirates rocked!
Yeah I'd be up for doing something like a con, even if I wasn't in costume but maybe I could bring things...we have time to plan still.
Unread 09-29-2003, 08:40 PM   #29
Sala
Cosplay Afficionado

Hi! It's nice to see that there are other people from SE Michigan who are into costuming and cosplay! I'm from Ann Arbor, but I attend college in Pennsylvania (but I am in Michigan in the summer!) But I would love to meet up with any Michigan people who venture to any of the East Coast cons! (Katuscon, anyone?)
Maybe we could have a SE Michigan photoshoot sometime...I do come home for winter break, spring break and summer!
Sala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2003, 09:50 AM   #30
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

T-R-L: Well, I'm still trying to arrange for a group to go to ConClave this year. Its the 3rd weekend of October in Lansing.

AR3: Hello there. Winter break, eh? Gives us time to plan things in advance alright. Funny that you should mention Katsucon, I'm staff at that con...and Nekocon and Anime USA(all of those in Virginia, go figure).