Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-15-2004, 07:20 AM   #466
Shadowlvr
FLCL LOVE!

Yea that is so Kewl! We might get a cosplay magazine!!

Hey im not going to Ohayocon i havent had the time to put together a costume, and im to poor to get some money for it. XD I would have loved to go. i might go to i think Katsu was the next planned one, right? well if so i would like to go to that if i dont go to New York next month. XD
Shadowlvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2004, 12:35 AM   #467
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Post Birthday plans are forming...

Hi all!!
Hope you're enjoying our "mini-blizzard 2004". Since it's just a few weeks until my B-day, I wanted to know what everyone would like to do. I've posted a poll on the "Members Gatherings" forums, so head there to vote!

The party would be at my place, on Saturday, Feb 7th. With DDR Max(someone will have to bring another pad), watching some anime(BYOA!!) & hanging out. But we would be having a "dinner-type" thing too. Either way, we would still be having cake & ice cream afterwards(I'll be providing that too). I would also like to know if it would be better to have this start in the afternoon or evening, say 5:00ish

It would be:

A: Have a "pot-luck" type dinner. Everyone brings a dish, it can be of an asian variety, but doesn't have to. I can provide beverages(mind you, it will be a "Dry" event. No Booze!) There is a Kroger's not too far from me that makes sushi platters fresh daily!(hint)

OR

B: We head over to the local Chinese buffet. :japan: Which is less than 3 blocks from my house. Lunch(11pm-4pm)is $5.99 per person, Dinner(4pm-10:30pm) there would be $10.50 per person.

They do have a great buffet, with sushi!(freshly made) & raw bar!! Its just a quick walk, less than 15 minutes from my house to there. It's not too many people there on Saturday, so we would have the place to ourselves!

Please let me know before the end of this month, so I can make reservations(if the buffet wins) or I can start buying paper plates & cups(if pot luck wins)! Also, we have cats, so if anyone has allergies, please let me know(they will not be out during the party however)

Thanks!

P.S.: Gifts are not required, since the party itself is a gift to me. I haven't had a "party" since my sweet 16! Although, I will be turning the big 3-5!!

Last edited by venus2869 : 01-16-2004 at 12:40 AM.
venus2869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2004, 06:32 AM   #468
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

well if its ok with everyone else it would be better for me if it started in the afternoon venus. Cause then I have a better chance of being able to go, this is how my moms mind works sometimes, party+night time+boys=bad! party+afternoon+boys=whatever, she can be odd like that
panda ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2004, 12:07 PM   #469
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

yeah, then we'd have more time there, and id have a better chance of getting home. ill bring another pad and a ddrmax2. where's this poll?
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2004, 06:23 PM   #470
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Hey guys I basically got everything for Ohayocon Ok'd so I don't forsee anymore problems. I'll probably be bringing everything with me that I took to Conclave so just wanted to let anyone know for packing everything.
Hylian Lore
Arrows Projected: 2,360!
Current FFXIV Status: GLA13
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2004, 03:17 AM   #471
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

The poll is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguru
yeah, then we'd have more time there, and id have a better chance of getting home. ill bring another pad and a ddrmax2. where's this poll?
It's in the "Member's events & Gatherings" section of the forums. Here's the link: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=28048

Last edited by venus2869 : 01-17-2004 at 03:19 AM.
venus2869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2004, 09:26 PM   #472
Yorusagi
*.~.Night Rabbit.~.*

Hey y'all!!

I havnt been here in so long...its the weirdest thing...did you guys know that Final Fantasy 11 is..ADDICTIVE!? Who would have guessed? Oh and that lil warning message about not forgeting school, work, family and friends...it means nothing! O.o

Anyways. I had a great vacation, now its back to the books and work and it sucks...i dun ever wanna have to work again!

Luv&Hugs

The words they use so lightly i only feel for you -- 3EB

Ok..theres something moving under my ASS. -- Moi
Yorusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2004, 08:28 AM   #473
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Alright everyone. Ohayocon is this weekend and I need to get final confirmations from everyone that is going. As for final plans, I want us all ready to leave by Thursday night so that we can just meet up and go on Friday morning. If anyone feels that they might have difficulty getting here in the morning, then we'll try to arrange things for Thursday night. Let's get this things into gear.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2004, 08:31 PM   #474
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Question

Like what time on Friday morning would we have to be there? I've been trying to catch you on AOHell for the past few days and you're never there. >_<
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2004, 11:08 PM   #475
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

I am already in talks with my mom to bring everything over and plan to meet at your place late Thursday night. I'll confirm the times within the next day I hope. What times will you be allowing people to come till Catboi? Oh yes, while I'm at it, what would you recommend for good con food for 3 days, seeing as that I ran out of snacks last time heh. *Loves da consuite...which is fine too* Only problem is unless you have to live off of it which I did, and although it was tolerable, I'd prefer normal food ^_~ Finally, any opinion on memory cards and if you can make a custom name badge? Maybe I'm just trying to rush everything but I forsee it to be no major problem. I'll call you asap if things change.
Hylian Lore
Unread 01-20-2004, 12:47 AM   #476
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

There will be no consuite at Ohayocon. The announcement was made on thier forums.
Unread 01-20-2004, 07:52 AM   #477
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

No consuite? That sucks. Well, aside from sandwiches I would just say bring what you want and don't forget to bring money for food as there are several restaurants in the area. As for what time are we taking off? I'd like to leave by 8 in the morning on Friday.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 10:24 AM   #478
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Talking

Yaaaaaaay. I'm ancient (20 years old) starting today. ^_^

Where's my cake, you bastards?
Unread 01-20-2004, 11:53 AM   #479
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

uh, there's some "cake"ed rust in the wheel wells of my car. You can frost it if you want.
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 12:19 PM   #480
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Yep, you're right, I just checked it last night...argh! *must make non-starvation backup plan*

*claps* Happy Birthday Shinobi! ... but you're totaly wrong, you're not ancient until you're 21 ^^ mmmm delicious, nutritious rust! Hmm sandwiches and money are always good, atleast those beat rust.

Quote:
Yorusagi - I havnt been here in so long...its the weirdest thing...did you guys know that Final Fantasy 11 is..ADDICTIVE!? Who would have guessed? Oh and that lil warning message about not forgeting school, work, family and friends...it means nothing! O.o
I totaly agree! It is soooo addicting
Hylian Lore

Last edited by The-Real-Link : 01-20-2004 at 12:24 PM.