Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-08-2003, 06:05 PM   #46
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

I think it will be so much fun! There aren't many opportunities for Michigan cosplayers to get together and socialize... ^_^ You can count on me being there!

And... It won't be hard to get there... Since you live like ten minutes away from me!! I think it'll be fun, and I hope to meet other Michigan Cosplayers there! ^o^ I'm so glad I finally have something to do for Halloween...
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-08-2003, 07:29 PM   #47
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

weeeeeellll ummmmm I don't work at gameworks anymore. I got canned for some really dumb reasons (mainly cuz i got the balls to tell my boss what i think of him once i'd started to work at pepsi.) I really didn't do anything worth being fired for. as for which one it was the one at great lakes crossing. it's the only one in michigan.

soo what does everyone think of my story. It was just a scene i could picture in my head and i wrote out real quick.
Unread 10-08-2003, 10:14 PM   #48
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Very cool and atmosphereic Oh and Gryph, I need to still check with my mom if I can get to Catboi's place myself, or I might end up needing a ride. However, if it involves costumes or equipment I most definitely need to head home first
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2003, 09:50 PM   #49
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Talking

Checking to make sure there are no newbie-killers around.

>.> *Looks to the right*
<.< *Looks to the left*

All clear! ^_^

Hey, what up everybody? I'm in Detroit about 10 minutes from 8 Mile and Harper. I had posted a message asking about MI cosplayers and I got a link to this thread. Who-ray! XD I went to my first con earlier this year (ACEN) and the cosplay peoples surprised the hell outta me. So now I am going to do my first cosplay later this month at Anime Reactor. I wanted to choose a character nobody has done yet, so I'm going as Dhalsim from Street Fighter, and as a Pokemon Soldier. I want to go to that MCCC I just heard about, but I already depleted my funds on stuff for AR. Anybody else gonna be at Anime Reactor?

Oh, and I also wanted to know if anyone would be interested in getting a cos group together to go Lord of the Rings Return of the King and/or Matrix Revolutions when they play at Star Southfield Theater (or anywhere else - Star Southfield is just the closest to me.) Can't wait to meet joo guys in "real life"! XD

P.S. Link, I just checked out your gallery. *Gets hypnotized by coolness of teh shield & sword*
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2003, 10:04 PM   #50
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

shinobi- Don't worry. If we killed newbs, the veteran's would eventually go extinct. Is that a picture of you in your avatar? if yes, i strongly suggest that you be dhalsim. That would be really awesomely cool! A friend of mine (who is a 2-d fighter maniac) is really looking forward to someone who already looks like dhalsim, cosplay as dhalsim. I believe that a trait like that should not be wasted, so if you need help with anything (like making skulls or something) PLEASE let me know!

Link- *hears what shinobi said and looks in link's gallery* HOLY CRAP ON A STICK! That shield rules! I love how you airbrushed those shadows. The master sword is even cooler!

everyone- how about a big cosplay trip to Cedar Point on Halloweekends?

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan

Last edited by daguru : 10-11-2003 at 10:07 PM.
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2003, 10:21 PM   #51
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

*QuickReply* Yes, that's my pic.
Unread 10-12-2003, 12:41 AM   #52
venus2869
ConMom &amp;amp; Miracle Worker

Thumbs up The meetup idea....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguru
everyone- how about a big cosplay trip to Cedar Point on Halloweekends?
Well, for those of us who don't have cars, how about a local meeting?? I have posted before that I do work at Buffalo Wild Wings, in Mt. Clemens and it is very easy to get to(by bus or car) I can arrange to have an area, just for us.

I would really like to meet everyone, since I soon will be working with ACen in regards to the masquerade contests and security. Who knows, I might be able to have some of you on staff at the con!

If anyone is interested, please let me know!!
Unread 10-12-2003, 12:46 AM   #53
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

That rocks! I'm like right next door to you Shinobi...sorta Well my mom seems to be fine with atleast the fact that there is the party and I'm wanting to go so I am really wanting to think I'll have no problem at all. Waiting though is SO hard
Shinobi, that's awesome you want to do a SFII character since that game rocks and I've not seen a ton of them as Dhalsam at all. If anything since he doesn't have a shirt from what I can remember, his costume should be easy to do.
I've not planned at all for Anime Reactor, let alone movie premieres since I am currently going crazy looking for buckles. Like I've told the others here, I don't plan to be done until next May but perhaps I can get something halfway together for Halloween.

Thanks very much for your kind comments about my gallery,
Unread 10-12-2003, 10:19 AM   #54
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Awww... come on. Link. Do some "ghetto" cosplay! Elf ears are like only 12 bucks. Throw a sheet around you (call it a robe), line your eyebrows so they look arched, and your an instant LOTR character. XD *Dies laughing*

And venus, I'd be interested in that gathering you were talking about. Anybody else up for it?
Unread 10-12-2003, 08:20 PM   #55
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

yeah. me too!

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2003, 12:18 AM   #56
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

LOL!! I could do that too I guess If I want to do a ghetto Legolas that could use $12 elf ears then I might consider it but right now I'm already working to make my own ^^. *sighs* Maybe my own standards are too high for my own good, but once I finish my current costumes, I can always make other ones. I hope to have a long time of cosplaying ahead

Venus - Feel free to PM me and let me know what you are able to work out once you know what kinds of people you'll need for ACEN, or posting here is fine too. It'd be interesting to work at it, but it would be my first con and I'd prefer to go around in costume I think.
Unread 10-13-2003, 12:45 PM   #57
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Hey there Shinobi, welcome aboard. I'll be at Anime Reactor. As for a Matrix or LotR cosplay outing, I have no problem with that. I did the same thing with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Venus: I'm all for a gathering there at your BW3. I still think its a great idea.

For ConClave, I'm finalizing things for this weekend(and doing finishing touches on some outfits) and I need to know who will be in the hotel room. Also I can arrange for a carpool if anyone is interested. The convention van has been dormant for too long and I can't think of a better time to use it.

Lastly, my Halloween party. The party will on on Thursday the 30th. As before, everyone on this board is invited.

Oh yeah, before I forget. Shinobi, since you seem to be a Street Fighter fan and you want to go as someone no one has done before, have you ever thought of going as DeeJay from Super SF2? Just thought I would toss that out to you.
Unread 10-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #58
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catboi Blues
Shinobi, since you seem to be a Street Fighter fan and you want to go as someone no one has done before, have you ever thought of going as DeeJay from Super SF2?
No, I didn't think of him. Thanks for the suggestion.

But once you meet me in person and hear my voice (I'm originally from the island of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands) you'll probably think I'd make a way better DeeJay than Dhalsim.

Matrix Rev opens on the 5th supposedly. Hopefully I'll have some kind of gear for it by then. I just checked out Yahoo, and LOTR is going to be BIG. They are actually going to release all the previous movies at the same time the new one starts showing! So in some places in the U.S., that week is gonna be like cosplay heaven.
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&id=1808405636&cf=prev

So errr... where's this party? How long a drive from Detroit? Why is the sky blue? Is Saddam really an evil cosplayer? Are pop-tarts a diabolical scheme to genetically enhance young people's minds via sugar-induced endorphins?

Ok. No more questions.

Last edited by Shinobi : 10-13-2003 at 08:01 PM.
Unread 10-13-2003, 10:09 PM   #59
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

The party will be at my house in Rochester Hills. That's roughly an hour's drive from Detroit.

As for the other questions, the sky is blue because of the different gasses that comprise of our atmosphere. Saddam is not an evil cosplayer, just evil. And I'm not quite certain about the pop-tarts yet, still deciding on that one.

The Matrix and LotR gatherings that you've proposed have certainly caught my attention BTW.
Unread 10-13-2003, 10:27 PM   #60
Jill Sandwich
Mmmmmm......

Just wanted to say that I am from the Southeastern MI area. Reffered to this post forum by Catboi. *^_^* We~ll... I'm not good at ice breakers, but if any of you are in the East Lansing area (I go to college now, whoo!) get in touch!
Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote