Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-14-2003, 03:31 AM   #61
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

I'll let you know of my Conclave plans ASAP. I need to think about it and even see what days I could afford to make it since I have classes Friday (albeit earlier in the day). They get out around 1pm. What did you have in mind for the carpool Catboi? It'd be much more convenient to share a hotel room and break up the costs for affordability of course.
Alas, I can't cosplay for this con but I'm sure I can still have a great time! If you need to let me know anything about the party, of course you can post it here, send a PM, or through chat.

Last edited by The-Real-Link : 10-14-2003 at 03:34 AM.
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2003, 07:20 AM   #62
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Jill Sandwich: glad you could make it to the board. Everyone give her a big hello.

T-R-L: Thanks, I'll let you know if there's anything you can bring. I'm still working on the carpool, so I'm not quite sure what's happening with that.

Shinobi: I'm half tempted to bring one of my old Street Fighter costumes out of the mothballs for AR if you're interested. Also, would you be interested in carpooling?

Everyone: for ConClave, I have a room reserved for our group. Split between several people its a very affordable rate(~$40 a person). Whether you're going to MCCC or ConClave this weekend, we should all have a really good time.
Unread 10-14-2003, 09:30 AM   #63
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Exclamation RE: Buffalo Wild Wings gathering

Hey all!!

Well if everyone is free next week, I think that would be a great time to meet up!

I get my schedule either friday or sat. And from that I'll know what
day(s) I'll have off. Usually it's either wed, thurs or Fri.

We can do this in the evening, to work with everyone's schedules. I would say between 6-9 would be the time window to work with.

If anyone needs help getting there by bus, I know just about every SMART & DOT schedules, so I can get ya here from just about anywhere!!

Shinobi: you would just take the 8 Mile to Gratiot, then get the 560 23 mile/New Balt. SMART bus at Gratiot & 8 Mile, near the Shell gas station & Burger King. Then get off in downtown Mt. Clemens, less than a block away from the resturant. Just look for a closed Mobil station & Sarrento's Pizza.

Link: You would get the same SMART bus, but you could catch it downtown, near the UofD Mercy campus. And with you on the bus 1st, you can hang out with Shinobi so you won't get lost!

The addy is: 48 Market Street, 48043(for those of you who use Yahoo Maps or Mapquest for directions)

Also, with the weather changing so fast nowadays, I wouldn't recommend wearing costumes. That and the staff at BDub's would freak out! (trust me, they are my co-workers!)

Everyone get back to me about this ASAP!! Thanks!
Unread 10-14-2003, 10:36 AM   #64
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Sounds good to me. I'm open myself usually on wed and thurs myself(as I'm usually at some convention or another on Fridays). I say we try to get this arranged.

Thanks again Venus.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2003, 06:30 PM   #65
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Aye! I'm with catboi and venus. I was also thinking that all of us going to catboi's party get together earlier in the day. While I'm happy to go anyways I'd prefer not to go to a party and not know ANYBODY!

Venus If there's anything I can do to help get us all together lemme know.

BTW i wanna apologise to everyone for starting to make plans and then dropping them earlier. I got really busy but hooray now I'm not busy again!

If anyone wants to chat with me feel free to contact me on MSN messenger as Gryphonic_ANgel@hotmail.com or yahoo messenger as Gryphonic_ANgel@yahoo.com
Unread 10-14-2003, 06:43 PM   #66
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Oh i almost forgot a couple of things. One Is anyone going to nekocon or anime Usa this year.

and second *whips out a pair of twin desert eagles and starts firing at shinobi for being a newbie*

hehe just kidding.

seriously tho if anyone is considering going to either con lemme know. I'm thinking to go and mebbe we could carpool or something.
Unread 10-14-2003, 11:44 PM   #67
Irvy
See you in Space..cowgal

Wow, there's actually a lot of michigan cosplayers out there! I kind of live near Detriot. (kind of being two and a half hours away)
I'm too broke right now to go to any cons ( I wanted to go to AnimeReactor this year. Damn lack of funds) Are any of you guys going to be at Jafax this year or Acen?
Unread 10-14-2003, 11:52 PM   #68
Irvy
See you in Space..cowgal

haha Don't mind my last post i was too lazy at the time to scroll through some of the posts.n.n;

If anyone is interested in going to Jafax or Acen feel free to get in contact with me. Especially for Jafax I live all of half an hour a way from where it's held. my AIM SN is :Jennyeatworid
Unread 10-14-2003, 11:55 PM   #69
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

hehe lack of funds. i know that feeling. welcome to the thread.
I'm not going to anime reactor tho, i do plan to head out to jafax in 2k4. this years jafax is long over. also I'm thinking bout heading to nekocon or animeusa later this year. mebbe if'n i can get some peeps to ride with me it might push me to actually go. plus they can help solve the lack of funding problems.

ya know the funny part. only fellow michiganders (doesn't that word sound dumb to you) understand that you really do live close to hell and that it freezes over every november.
Unread 10-14-2003, 11:58 PM   #70
Irvy
See you in Space..cowgal

I'd like to go to a couple of cons this year but it's always hard to find people to go with me. I don't think I'd be able to make Nekocon but do you think you'd be able to make it Ohayocon ( I think that's how it's spelt)?
I'd love to go to Hell Michigan and get a post card. That'd be a funny thing to send someone " Wish you were here,Hell"
Unread 10-15-2003, 01:48 AM   #71
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Ok Catboi I've started to find out about Conclave and I'll be in touch with you tomorrow (Wed) about a few things.
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 11:17 AM   #72
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Sorry irvy ohayocons was october 1st. yer a little late!
Unread 10-15-2003, 11:29 AM   #73
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvy
I'd like to go to a couple of cons this year but it's always hard to find people to go with me. I don't think I'd be able to make Nekocon but do you think you'd be able to make it Ohayocon ( I think that's how it's spelt)?
I'd love to go to Hell Michigan and get a post card. That'd be a funny thing to send someone " Wish you were here,Hell"
I recently found out that Im not that far from hell . I want to go there, put on my Pyramid Head (sh2) costume and stand in front of the "welcome to hell sign" and get a few pictures with "The Residents of Hell."

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #74
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Um...GA? Ohayocon is in January. But as for Neko and AUSA, I'll be going there. Perhaps we can coordinate. Anyone interested in going to ConClave this weekend, send me a PM so I can finalize my preparations.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 02:48 PM   #75
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Wink

Ooooookay. Been trying to organize my thoughts so I could finally post.

Catboi: I'd really like to carpool with joo guys, but I already bought a GreyHound ticket to Chicago. Doh! *Smacks head* As for you bringing you Street Fighter stuffs, could you do it? To my knowledge there is only one other StreetFighter cosplaying at the Anime Reactor, and he said he's going as "Dan". Friday is my Pokemon Soldier day, but I'll be Dhalsim for the entire Saturday and half the day on Sunday.

Speaking of Pokemon Soldier... here's some new pics of it.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgaller...sword=&pag e=

Yeah, it looks retarded - but I don't care. :P

Venus: I want to come to that meeting, but I am not sure if I will be able to. I'm still waiting on some cosplay stuff I ordered, and one of them is coming by Express Mail when they finish customizing it. So I'm pretty much stuck at home waiting for it to get here, because I have to sign for them to delivery it.

And Gryphonic Angel has a point - I'd kind of feel weird just showing up to your party without knowing anybody there. Couldn't we all meet first (in cosplay) at Oakland Mall or somewhere else? Just a thought.
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote