Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-12-2004, 02:06 PM   #781
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

my cosplays are coming along slowly but surely.....yep...lol
panda ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2004, 06:30 PM   #782
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Hello to everyone that's joining in the convoy to ACEN with me. If I could get a shout out from everyone that is travelling with me it would make all of our lives easier.

For those that are not travelling with us but wish to meet up, Friday in Artist's Alley will be the place to find us. I will be in Artist's Alley most o the con so I'll be easy to find. For those coming Saturday, Noon by the table will be our secondary gathering. Talk to you all later and best of luck on all your projects(because I know you're all still working on them).

Edit: almost forgot. For those travelling in the convoy, you need to be at my place by 6am.

Last edited by Catboi Blues : 05-12-2004 at 06:34 PM.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2004, 06:38 PM   #783
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

Does anyone happen need crash space that weekend? I have 2 spaces available in my room at the Hyatt, if anyone was without one (since 2 of my friends just backed out, eep). If anyone knows someone who needs a room, you can forward them to me, haha. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Catboi-- our car is probably leaving at 7 AM tomorrow, so we'll probably get into Chicago around 12~1 in the afternoon. I will probably coming looking for you in Artists' Alley or ask the front desk what your room number is, so I can meet up with you guys. ^_^

BTW, what costumes are you all wearing, and on what days? I am bringing my Aeris costume and a school-uniform-costume... I'll probably wear the school uniform on Friday, and Aeris on Saturday (Leon, are you wearing Barret to ACen? You must!!). My little sister will be wearing Terra on Saturday, if we get it completed in time... *Swoons* ;__;

Last edited by Mizuho : 05-12-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2004, 08:10 PM   #784
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Biker Scout (star wars), Alucard (hellsing), and a new one! It's Winslow from the Phantom of Paradise (not an anime)/
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #785
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Ok a time is posted, that's good. I think everyone knows what I'm bringing - something Link'ish Thanks again Catboi for everything today. Send me an email with pics if you want and I'll see what I can do. Washers will have to wait until tomorrow morning. Also, no word from Carl yet but if I hear anything, I'll inform you ASAP.
Hylian Lore
Arrows Projected: 2,360!
Current FFXIV Status: GLA13
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2004, 09:22 PM   #786
Ruu-chan nyu
Resistance is futile.

i am going along with you
Ruu-chan nyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2004, 09:51 PM   #787
gearheadotaku
Michigan Cosplay Society

I'm 10 hours behind you, should be in Chicago by 10pm.
gearheadotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2004, 01:59 PM   #788
Sailor Kikyo
Little Banana?!

Good luck to y'all who are going to Acen...I'm nevous about my debut...and I don't know why.....
Unread 05-13-2004, 09:58 PM   #789
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Good luck on the trips/costumes everyone,and have fun!
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 02:28 AM   #790
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

*Laughs maniacally* Man, I didn't realize how much stuff I still have to pack...

Anyway, seeing how I have Morgan & Ruth in my room now (YAY!), I will forward this along to them, and hopefully they will see it before they leave:

Expect me to be at the Hyatt by 12~1 PM tomorrow. I don't know what time a room will become available to me, but I will tell the front desk to give you room keys.

Morgan-- I am soooooooooo tempted to call you to ask you a few very random things, but it's already past 3 AM.... BLAAAAAAAAH!

If you see this, IM me or give me a ring (even though it's the middle of the night!)
Unread 05-16-2004, 09:13 PM   #791
gearheadotaku
Michigan Cosplay Society

Back from ACEN

Hi all, got back home in one peice. It was all I could do not to strangle the staff of the hotel. They lost my reservation and ran out of parking!! The Hyatt sucked this year. In the past they had done rather well.... Several other people I talked to had similar trouble. The front desk tried to sent me to the other Hyatt a mile up the road, but would not honor the con rate!! so an extra 50 bucks a night was the asking price.

Lucky for me, Venus, Morgan, and Sara all offered me crash space. Thankyou one and all! Saved me from sleeping in truck...

Spent too much in the dealers room (Don't we all) but completed my You're Under Arrest collection. Got schooled big time on Inatial D. These guys are pro's!

Only 363 days till ACEN '05.....

In the meantime, who's up for a quick day trip to JAFAX in June? I'm not interested in staying overnight there.
gearheadotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2004, 11:59 PM   #792
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

Good to hear you got back okay, it was a pleasure to have you in our room!! And our ride home went by really fast, barely any traffic, except near the city.... After that it was pretty much smooth sailing. I hope no one else had much trouble getting home...

About your reservation... Maybe you can write to the Hyatt headquarters and mention the incident-- they might be able to "reimburse" you for your troubles, you know?

Dagaru-- I still have that glue gun that I borrowed from your room, as I totally forgot to return it..... If you want me to mail it to you (or whoever it belonged to), I can easily send it out tomorrow or the day after, just let me know, okay?

I hope everyone had a lot of fun. I know that I had a blast ^_^ and for me, it was so much more fun than last year (mostly because I had the pleasure of meeting so many cool people, hehe). I was also quite excited about bringing my little sis along, hehe.

I'll probably be going to JAFAX-- I don't know if I'm interested in staying overnight or anything, but it's definitely on my to-do list. It's always been something that I wouldn't mind checking out...
Unread 05-17-2004, 04:11 AM   #793
MagiusT
Need Title...

Yeah, that gluegun was mine. He borrowed it from me Saturday morning.
MagiusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:51 AM   #794
Irvy
See you in Space..cowgal

*checks in* I made it back in one piece! Yay! I didn't get home 'till 3 in the morning. I went to a couple of friends to a Japanese mall and then we sawTroy.
It was awesome getting to see everyone! Lol although some people were harder to find than others *eyes morgan*
Did everyone enjoy Acen? I did ^_^ I'm looking forward to AnimeNorth which is this weekend! Anyone else going there? I know a few people are thinking of making the trip to Jafax.
Unread 05-17-2004, 01:26 PM   #795
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

ill be going to jafax. And in glad everyone had fun at acen^^ I hope to go next year
panda ninja is offline   Reply With Quote