Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-17-2004, 01:59 PM   #796
Sailor Kikyo
Little Banana?!

I just came back from MCC, and it was a blast! i du nno about JAFAX, I cannot seem to convice the rents..or my friends' either....

Unread 05-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #797
ZeroGenerator
Reality is but a Dream...

Wow..
I had a blast at Acen, Mainly because I met and made friends with so many people there.
I finally got back in at around 10 last night, got to bed around 11 and slept until 12 today. ^_^ Guess the lack of sleep I got because I was too buisy haveing a blast at the party with beth kinda took it's toll, but it was so worth it. Haven't been that drunk in years.
I am so glad to hear everyone had a blast, my only disapointments were the hotel staff and how rude they were (we complained about 6 or 7 times I think), how Rude the Con Staff was, How I really didn't find anything I was really looking for in the dealers room (still got a couple things though), and that Morgan never got my hat done.
Of all those, the one about my hat pissed me off the most, I told him to tell me if he did not have the time and I would go and buy one that would work, but oh no he said he could do it. ~.~' "come back and see me at 10 or 11 tonight". Why bother at that point the day would of been almost done by then.
But oh well, I'll still exspect the hat to be made, and soon ::glare::
Glad everyone had fun!
Hope to see you all again soon!
ZeroGenerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 05:51 PM   #798
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Yay! Good to see everyone's back in one piece and that everyone still had some fun despite anything that came up. Got back @ 6am and slept till' 5 heh... Was neat stopping at Denny's near Kalamazoo in costume lol!

Morgan - Was nice seeing you at the table n'all, and it was still great going and really enjoying myself. Hopefully these kinds of delays don't happen as much in the future. Oh yeah, I'm going to have to come by to atleast work on things, but I would like to get my stuff back (bags mostly) that I left downstairs. Heh, Gamecube back would be nice too.

Ruu-Chan, Irvy, Mizuho, Venus - Thanks for all your help and considerations toward me during the con. It was great to spend some time with everyone and enjoy myself. I just wish it lasted longer. Venus, thanks for taking the time out to introduce me to Ops.

Kevin - Hope you got home alright. I feel like a moron for a guide but hey as long as we get home it's all good. Hope you had a good time at your first con and I have to thank you again for helping me move stuff and all that. Just give me a call or I'll call you later so we can hang out.

MagiusT - Hopefully things have calmed down. Good that you still made it and had some fun

Everyone else - Good to hear you had a good weekend overall. I'm sure we can post whenever stuff comes up again. I'll put up pics in the next few days.

*edit* Oh yeah Catboi, I found this online from some of the ACEN photos.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~fisc0262/acen/IM002197.JPG
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~fisc0262/acen/IM002199.JPG
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~fisc0262/acen/IM002200.JPG

Wow...I can't believe I took over 200 pics o.O

^_^
Hylian Lore
Arrows Projected: 2,360!
Current FFXIV Status: GLA13

Last edited by The-Real-Link : 05-18-2004 at 10:33 AM.
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 10:32 PM   #799
Ruu-chan nyu
Resistance is futile.

Ruu-chan is home~nyu

I am home...
it was fun ...
James, Keven, and Doug it was great hanging out at the con with you guys .
ride home was fun!
Today my brain was function on the level of tapocia.
cause we got home to my house at 5 and james ended up crashing on the couch. I got up at 11.
JafaX any one? I am for it
Ruu-chan nyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 09:51 AM   #800
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

I might be up for JAFAX. Since it is essentially a road trip and probably wouldn't require expensive travel arrangements, I think it could work out.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 01:49 PM   #801
Sailor Kikyo
Little Banana?!

I know this might be early for Halloween but I gotta know would anyone mind coming to Ocober MCC on the 30 as George or Arashi from Paradise Kiss? I have the girls , and we really would like to meeet some of you guys and have you come cosplay with us. We are doing Paradise Kiss or Princess Monke, but prolly Paradise Kiss. Coem on boys, help us out...!
Unread 05-18-2004, 02:36 PM   #802
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Although the May MCCC was the same weekend of ACEN, I had thought that maybe the October con would be one place we could go, even as small a place as it may be. Depends on what days the next Conclave will be however.
Hylian Lore
Unread 05-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #803
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

TRL- I only saw the '86 car as we were driving home. I was like, "Hey! Stop the car! Must....take....picture!"
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 07:55 PM   #804
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Heh oh I never saw it, just found pictures of it and thought people would like to know.

Also, this hero has sadly gotten addicted to Pocky. I went and picked up literally what was left of it at Mitsua's after the con - a giant box of strawberry pocky and some Decorer Mont Blanc Chocolate...mmmm good
Hylian Lore
Unread 05-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #805
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Red face ACen recovery group meeting

Ok, so since most of us are heading to Anime North this weekend, how about the rest of us meet up and discuss our ACen memories & stories??

I should be off work after 3, so I was thinking like after 4. if that's good, let me know.

I don't mind having it at my place. Maybe we could all head back to CJ Barrymore's and play some Inital D again!! My kitchen is open too, if anyone wants to cook. I got the 1st vol of Azimanga Dahio(sp?)DVD & anyone else is free to bring whatever they want or bring ACen videos & pictures.

Link - Kroger's has Pocky!! It's about $1.50 a box!! Get your fix there, much cheaper than Suncoast!!
Unread 05-18-2004, 11:07 PM   #806
Ruu-chan nyu
Resistance is futile.

WHAT kroger where?!! Has Pockey?!! is it just one or all !!!!
What kinds!!!
I know a very select small miniscule amount of meijers also carry pocky, ramune and yougu time for those who didnt know.
Ruu-chan nyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 01:45 PM   #807
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu-chan nyu
WHAT kroger where?!! Has Pockey?!! is it just one or all !!!!
What kinds!!!
The Kroger on Garfield & Canal had Strawberry & regular Pocky. It's at any Kroger that has an "International Foods" isle. They have food from everywhere! There's a "asian" section that had food from Japan, Thai & even Korean!!
Unread 05-19-2004, 03:53 PM   #808
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Thanks for the info Venus. I had went to the Mejiers in Roseville looking for Pocky one day after my friend said they sold it, but they didn't have any. Now I know I can try to get some at Kroger instead.

I have a question - is this your daughter? http://www.fansview.com/2004/animecentral/0515e0155.jpg
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 04:00 PM   #809
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

I used to go to an Asian grocery store in Farmington that sold lots of Japanese goodies. Now, I go to the Koyama Shoten in Livonia....

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #810
gearheadotaku
Michigan Cosplay Society

I found this online from some of the ACEN photos.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~fisc0262/acen/IM002197.JPG
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~fisc0262/acen/IM002199.JPG
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~fisc0262/acen/IM002200.JPG

Wow...I can't believe I took over 200 pics o.O

^_^[/quote]

I am way envious of this. I must have talked with him for an hour on Saturday night with a group of other racers. I nearly bought a '67 mustang like Rally's in Gunsmithcats a few years ago, but that's an old story....
gearheadotaku is offline   Reply With Quote