Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-15-2003, 02:54 PM   #76
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

I would guess that even though it may be weird to meet everyone at Catboi's party, there is the fact that any other "first" event would have the same results regardless of where it is. I'll have to see how things work out though before I can comit to next week in any way yet
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2003, 03:11 PM   #77
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

just set up a few video game systems at the party and im sure you'll make friends.

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 06:01 PM   #78
Irvy
See you in Space..cowgal

I can't wait for my midterms to be over with. Then I'll have a lot more free time. I don't think I'll be able to make the outing this time around but would you guys be interested in doing something for the premier of The Return of the King? I know people in other states are having various get togethers for it.
Unread 10-15-2003, 06:08 PM   #79
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

I'd have to really see what I could work up for that since it falls right around my Christmas break. As far as Conclave is concerned though, I should be able to get everything set.
Unread 10-15-2003, 06:39 PM   #80
Irvy
See you in Space..cowgal

I guess some people want to have one around Detriot? I was planning on going with my friends ( a couple of who cosplay) to see it in Celebration cinnemas. That's right by rockford/Grand Rapids. If anyone lives closure to there than detriot let me know.
I might be able to go to conclove for the day, it's pretty close to where I live.
Unread 10-15-2003, 07:18 PM   #81
whiteswordsman

hello again

Hello to everyone,
I noticed that there are a lot of new members here that are from Southeast Michigan. I am from Huron Township Michigan (just north of Monroe County line) and I just started cosplaying. I have cosplayed as Gatsu at Kazecon 2003, and I plan on having 2 more costumes done before my next con, Lupin and Kiriyama from Battle Royale. Well, if anyone wants to chat or what not, hit me up. If any of you want to for a cosplay group, hit me up for that too. Well, I'll cya all later. Oh yeah, I will hopefully be attending sewingcatboi's party so I hope to see you all there.
whiteswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 10:59 PM   #82
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link
I would guess that even though it may be weird to meet everyone at Catboi's party, there is the fact that any other "first" event would have the same results regardless of where it is. I'll have to see how things work out though before I can comit to next week in any way yet

Well first of all I definately wouldn't let that stop me from going to his party. I'm always up for meeting new people. But it'll be harder to get to know people at a big party than if some of us got together before the party. What i had in mind was a little laser tag or something before the party and we could all carpool to the party afterwards. Also we all kinda know each other a little just from posting here. THat and my costume is turning out AWESOME (i hope. not quite done yet) and i wanna show it off. hehe.

welcome to the forum whiteswordsman. Oh and if ohayocon is in jan. how come i went to the website and it said october first. if i got the wrong url could someone post the proper one?
Unread 10-15-2003, 11:06 PM   #83
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Oh yeah. hey catboi what time's the party? around how late is it gonna last (for the love of kittens all night!).

and i wanna thank everyone one this thread for being here. Onna these days we ALL need tae go to a con together. mebbe the Ohayocon in jan. 2004? that would be cooooool.
Unread 10-16-2003, 03:41 AM   #84
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Oh no GA, I knew what you meant. I figured it would just be something that we'd have to get over, not that I'm using that as an excuse for missing Catboi's party because I'm so hyped about it myself! Ooooohhh lazer tag Yeah that would be really fun if we could do something like that.
Unread 10-16-2003, 08:12 AM   #85
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

...cosplay lazertag perhaps?

*ehem*

Anyhow, I'm hoping to start the party early in the afternoon and keep it going until late(aka, when the last person leaves). There is no real end time for the party, so you don't have to worry about being kicked out in the middle of the night or anything like that. Final preparations for ConClave are today. If you plan on coming, please get in contact with me. I'll be at home for most of the day and I can usually be reached via AIM or PM. I look forward to seeing/meeting some of you this weekend.
Unread 10-16-2003, 01:12 PM   #86
Irvy
See you in Space..cowgal

I should be able to go to conclave (lets hope I don't get lost!)
I'm up for Ohayocon. I believe it's the weekend before I go back to school so I don't have to worry about school getting in the way ^^
Unread 10-16-2003, 03:22 PM   #87
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Well seems like lasertag is a good idea to everyone.(i love it though i haven't played in forever.)

The only problem is having it before catboi's party since , if memory serves, lasertag joints don't get busy til like 6pm. I was figuring we'd all be in costume so that leaves out switching to paintball( no paint is going anywhere's near my costume). Gimme til tomorow and I'll see what I can figure out. and if anyone knows a good place lemme know.
Unread 10-16-2003, 09:48 PM   #88
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Hey catboi get a hold of me tonight (oct 16) if you can. I'll either be on yahoo messenger or else i left you my number on yahoo. doesn't matter how late. there's noone to wake up!

Last edited by Gryphonic_Angel : 10-16-2003 at 09:51 PM.
Gryphonic_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2003, 07:45 AM   #89
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Done and done. This weekend is going to be fun and I look forward to meeting everyone that will be attending ConClave. For those that are going to MCCC, I hope that all of you have a good time as well.

For those attending ConClave, I will have a Cosplay.com sign made up and waiting over at either registration, con-ops, con suite or a bulliten board. I'll try to get more than one up with the location of the room. Everyone, have a nice weekend.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #90
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Me not being able to go makes me a saaaaaaaaaaad panda.
(Southpark, hee hee)

But I hope joo guys have a great time. I only wish you could stop by so I could get some pics of your costumes. Oh well...

Catboi, I already PM'ed you and told you I could make the Anime Reactor carpool trip after all. Yay!

Anybody else want to carpool with us? The more the merrier.
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote