Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-18-2004, 05:05 PM   #946
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Hey guys, what's up with everyone?! I was over at Catboi's for awhile and things seem to be going alright, but he is quite busy lately. I was wondering exactly who plans to go to Jafax from the SE Mich area or who I could talk to about getting a ride there? From what I know, Catboi plans to go - but only stay Saturday. If I were to stay Sunday too, that means I wouldn't ge able to go back with him. Putting 4-5 people in a room like at any other con is good, so our room(s) will be cheap, but otherwise, I'd like to know about the carpooling deal. I'd love to go!
Hylian Lore
Arrows Projected: 2,360!
Current FFXIV Status: GLA13
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #947
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

On a happer note

Thanks to Arron & Beth & co. for comming over for the Pistons game tues!! Woot!! We had sooo much fun crusin Gratiot right after!!

Sadly that night, I lost my phone, so I NEED EVERYONE'S PHONE NUMBERS AGAIN!! Please PM with them, if you could.

Oh, is anyone going to Dagru's party Sat?? We wanna go!!

Last edited by venus2869 : 06-18-2004 at 08:30 PM.
venus2869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2004, 10:04 PM   #948
StrawberryKitty

boss crashed on me I have to work saturday *grr* so I cant make it

Livejournal community Cosplay Cafe Now open to serve you
StrawberryKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2004, 10:06 PM   #949
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

Alright, here's the deal on JAFAX. So far, it looks like I'll be able to go Saturday, but I have to track the scheduling manager down about Sunday. Since I'll still have to work Friday evening, my crew is leaving on Saturday morning at 7 a.m. SHARP! I should know by tomorrow about Sunday, and if anyone needs a ride, then let me know, since I still have space in my car.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2004, 12:46 PM   #950
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Hey guys! Just wanted to pass along some info for Daguru's party, since his computer is down at the moment. I'd figure you can just punch his address into Mapquest and get there without too much problem.

19 Donegal Ct.
Ann Arbor, MI. 48104

If anyone needs it,you can just PM me for his phone number. I'm having to get there early though so if you need his #, you might as well call me on my cell. I don't want to post those numbers here.
Hylian Lore
Unread 06-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #951
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

I won't know if I can go to Jafax until Thursday morning. If I do go, I can pitch in for hotel/gas, but I still need a ride...

Oh, and Ruu-chan... WHERE's TEH HAPPY POTHEAD *Harry Potter* pics?!
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #952
Yorusagi
*.~.Night Rabbit.~.*

Hey boys & Girls =^^=

Heres the update, i was able to get this sunday taken care of, im still trying to get my saturday off but im almost 100% sure i can get it covered! The girl who im trying to get ahold of said she wanted all the hours she could get! Shes just not home at the moment, so anyways. Ok, so yes i will gladly be giving rides to anyone who wishes. I can get 5 peeps in my car, so gryph if you wanna save on gas maybe you could ride with me and we can alternate driving or something? Anyone who comes with me has to chip in for gas though, yknow, its expensive! I was thinking leaving Friday night? I work until 5, so itll have to be after that though.

Gryph, whats the deal with the motel rooms eh? If your checking this board, come and get me on aim tonight ill be there for a lil while, until 1 prob. I miss ye! I cant wait to see you next weekend =^^=

Thats all for now, ill post back when its official ive gotten that saturday off (heck maybe ill call in sick if not teeheehee ;P )

P.S Hey gryph, i got champions of norrath ^^

The words they use so lightly i only feel for you -- 3EB

Ok..theres something moving under my ASS. -- Moi
Yorusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2004, 03:48 PM   #953
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

*looks up from strangling the SBC guy with his own phone line and realizes his phone's working again" SEE! violence DOES get results!

okay sorry... my phone went to hell and back so i've not been able to make reservations. i'll have them reserved by tonight,. anyone that needs a ride PM me ASAP. everyone riding with me and yoru will be leaving around 8 PM friday night. I intend to reserve 3 rooms with 2 double beds each, which means 2-4 people will share a room. I believe the rooms will run somewhere from 55-65 bux. I will pay completely for 1 of the rooms myself, so if someone needs it i can sleep 2-3 more in my room free of charge. so far we have car's for 7-8 people so i need to know who's coming with friday night ASAP. again i'm sorry for the delay, SBC has been made to suffer for it.

EDIT: alrighty i got the rooms. we will be staying at the AMERIHOST INN. i reserved 3 rooms for friday and saturday nights. the rooms Are 2 double beds sleeping 2-4 people. cost is 55 per room per night. included is a heated indoor pool, whirlpool and continental breakfast.

these reservations can be changed so those coming on saturday and staying til sunday can still get one of the rooms with us. hope this works for everyone. feel free to PM me for any reason and i can't wait to see you guys soon.

oh if yer wondering, i intend to leave friday night because it's about a 4 hour + drive (if i'm remembering right).

Last edited by Gryphonic_Angel : 06-20-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Gryphonic_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #954
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Yo Gryph! That's great news I don't know for sure if anyone else (Catboi or NSD) plan to go Friday night but if I can get all my equipment back, I will consider coming. I don't expect anything to come up that I'd be busy with until the following week so I'll just talk to my mom about it and see if I can get what I have together.

Yorusagi - It'd be cool riding with you or Gryph either way, as long as there is enough room to pack everything.

Gryph - That's a good choice for the price and it seems like the hotel has everything we need. Granted because this con isn't in a hotel, a drive is necessary, but the campus is still close so that's good.

I won't know Catboi's plans until I talk to him mid next week but I'm sure we'll work out everything.

Did anyone plan to go to Catboi's as our usual base of operations and leave from there, or choose a meeting spot somewhere else? I don't mind going to anyone else's house, I just need to know which way to go
Hylian Lore

Last edited by The-Real-Link : 06-20-2004 at 04:29 PM.
Unread 06-20-2004, 05:52 PM   #955
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Well, I know that Me & Corrinne are riding with Jeff & we're leaving Sat. morning from my house. Anyone wants to do the caravan thing with us is more than welcome.

We're doing the 1 day thing, leaving Sat. night(not sure of what time though). Anyone know of what's in the area, fast food wise? I was thinking of us having a group lunch thing sometime that day. Is anyone cosplaying in the masqerade there??
Unread 06-20-2004, 08:20 PM   #956
Yorusagi
*.~.Night Rabbit.~.*

Yay! Ok well its official i have both days off ^^ Gryph ima be sleepin in same room as you cuzz im broke teehee plus that means more time we can chat together ^^ Thanks in advance buddy lol. So gryph and Real Link you both ridding with me then? Anyone else? I can fit 2 more if anyone needs. Come on yall, itll be so much fun! Im bringing my digital camera, so tuns of pictures we can take! Whomever wants a ride from me just pm gryph with directions (he knows how to get places better then i do hehe)

BTW gryph if you are indeed ridding with me of course you can keep your truck in my parking spot while we are gone.

Ill talk to you on aim tonight i hope

The words they use so lightly i only feel for you -- 3EB

Ok..theres something moving under my ASS. -- Moi
Yorusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2004, 10:52 PM   #957
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

okay to simplify things... IF you are needing a room for friday night PM me ASAP, i'm gonna cancel the friday night reservations for 2 rooms unless some more people tell me they coming friday night. SATURDAY i will keep the reservations for it, just tell them you had rooms reserved under fields. for those leaving saturday, DON"T FORGET TRAFFIC. from 6 am-9 am traffic on the express ways will be heavy, anywheres... last year i think i forgot about that on my drive out, that's another reason i wanna leave friday night. yoru thanks for letting me park ma truck there. see ya'll soon
Unread 06-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #958
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Hey everyone, just got from Anime Next with Magius T. I'm planning on hitting Jafax for at least Saturday of the event, but I can't stay for Sunday due to previous plans. Talk to you all later. Pictures from Israel to come soon.
Unread 06-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #959
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

I have to make an announcement about JAFAX. First of all, I really want to go, but I had to consider other factors besides wanting to attend an event. After giving it careful consideration, I've decided that it'd be best that I sat it out this year. I'd be leaving too much up to chance by going, since I currently have very few resources (I'll get my first check on Friday, but won't have the money in time to make necessary preparations) and there are other things I need to take care of right now besides going out of town (I seriously need to get my financial house in order before I hit the road). I guess I'll just have to wait until NekoCon and Ohayocon (Which I'm saving up for over the summer)...

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #960
panda ninja
power to the pandas!

Ok, hi everyone. I havnt been here lately. I am going to Jafax, and Im pretty sure I have a room already, but my brother and his friend might need to get one of those rooms from you for saturday, not sure yet tho. I will contact you asap if he does need a room tho cause we are making reservations tonight. is the amerihost inn on the list of hotels on the jafax website?

ok, edit. lol, my brother and the rest of us got a room so i wont need one, hope to see you all soon^^

Last edited by panda ninja : 06-21-2004 at 05:02 PM.
panda ninja is offline   Reply With Quote