Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-22-2004, 01:41 PM   #1216
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Ok, I'll try to help clearing up some of the events nonsense:

Frankenmuth/Birch Run: Next weekend [27/29] Mostly going in costume(any) and then heading to Birch Run for shopping and dining at Tony's

Resident Evil Outbreak:
I would suggest the 11th, since that's Sat and I've already asked for it off and it's more convienent for most of us. Although, I think with Gryp comming & our new Detroiter members & Shinobi, we'll have some details to work through!

Unread 08-22-2004, 02:39 PM   #1217
toori_akuma
nar nar

thank you sooo much for clearing that up!
Seras : 15% complete
toori_akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #1218
gearheadotaku
Michigan Cosplay Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus2869
Ok, I'll try to help clearing up some of the events nonsense:

Frankenmuth/Birch Run: Next weekend [27/29] Mostly going in costume(any) and then heading to Birch Run for shopping and dining at Tony's

Resident Evil Outbreak:
I would suggest the 11th, since that's Sat and I've already asked for it off and it's more convienent for most of us. Although, I think with Gryp comming & our new Detroiter members & Shinobi, we'll have some details to work through!
Damn, I'll miss another outing....

On the good side, Initial D ver 3 is at CJ Barrymores. There went 10 bucks.

On the bad side, I have to pull the trans out of my car for the 3rd time
(Puts gun to head, pulls trigger, realizes has no money for bullets due to playing Initial D all night)

See ya'll later

Last edited by gearheadotaku : 08-22-2004 at 07:26 PM.
gearheadotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #1219
gearheadotaku
Michigan Cosplay Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadotaku
Damn, I'll miss another outing....

On the good side, Initial D ver 3 is at CJ Barrymores. There went 10 bucks.

On the bad side, I have to pull the trans out of my car for the 3rd time
(Puts gun to head, pulls trigger, realizes has no money for bullets due to playing Initial D all night)

See ya'll later

I Don't have to pull out my trans. It was just the clutch master! Hoody-Hoo!
But I missed todays race and my hopes for the season championship are really getting dim. (As if anyone here cares )

(Puts gun back in case, puts bullets on shopping list)

Last edited by gearheadotaku : 08-22-2004 at 07:25 PM.
gearheadotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 08:29 PM   #1220
SeekingElegance
Cynical Pink!

Hey all. Another Michigan cosplayer here. Go Grand Rapids! W00t.. ..::Cough:: Anyway... Just wanted to say 'Hi'... My brain is pretty much dead right now.. Can't think of much to say. ^^

Always....
Alyson
SeekingElegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 09:43 PM   #1221
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Hi SeekingElegance! Welcome to our crazy little corner of the world Please feel free to post about events out by you, as unfortunatly most of us are in the southeastern area by Detroit. Huzzah to Ren Faire and Frankenmuth! Pics coming soon.

Gryph - Oh no man, you just do not diss the Link! Just bring whatever you got and we can get a party started. Games at Ruth's could be a good plan sometime ^^.

Gearhead - Sorry to hear about the car troubles, as it seems everyone is having them lately It's too bad you missed your race, but know that we care and hope you do well in your season! Good of you to drop by again.
Hylian Lore
Arrows Projected: 2,360!
Current FFXIV Status: GLA13
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 10:16 PM   #1222
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus2869
Resident Evil Outbreak:
first of all, it's resident evil: APOCALYPSE! get it right, cuz i'm obsessed and uber excited.

second, yeah, im still TRYING to come up around the weeked of the 10th, and hopefully i can stay to celebrate my Bday on the 14th.

link: though you are the real link, the lack of video games in hyrule have left you weak my friend, and my l33+ skillz will pwnz you.
Unread 08-22-2004, 11:24 PM   #1223
Shinobi
The Blackanese Ninja!

Cool

I'll be able to come to the Frankenmuth thingee this weekend, but only if I can get a ride with someone... Anyone near 94 & Harper? Got gas monies...
>_>

If the Resident Evil event is going to be held at Star Southfield Theater again, we can use my place as the base of operations like last time. :P

I will be going as the African-American S.T.A.R.S. soldier that I saw in some preview clips. The only thing left for me to get is my SWAT vest, which will be on it's way in a few days.

I'd just like to remind anyone who wants to come but can't think of a costume - the movie has more than main characters! You could scrounge up an old lab coat from somewhere (or buy one for less than $15) and cosplay as one of the Umbrella scientists. You females who have those school-type cosplay outfits already made could wear them and go as a Racoon City private school student (also seen in preview clips). Then there's the other Umbrella soldiers, who are just wearing black vests, black pants, and a black motorcycle helmet. Use some fabric paint to put on the Umbrella logo and you're good to go. And as I said before, you could always wear very ragged/burned looking clothing, put on a little white facial power and go as a Zombie. It's the cheapest way to cosplay.

I'll be posting a "seeking RE cosplayers" message later this week on the Michigan Cosplayers Yahoo Group. Hopefully I can get a few other people to come in costume.

P.S. I have one extra Umbrella corp logo fabric patch and an extra S.T.A.R.S. patch if anyone needs it for their costume. And if anyone plans on going as a Umbrella scientist/lab worker, let me know. I'm getting some realistic Umbrella corporation ID badges made, and I'm trying to figure out how many I should get before I place my order.
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 08:24 AM   #1224
Saaski_Moql
The pancake ninja.

Quote:
my l33+ skillz will pwnz you.
L33T \/\/177 47w4yz r00l3/0wnz/d0m1n473 j00/3\/ery0n3 37s3! (...sorry, couldn't resist ^^)

Link: I was wondering, you are talking about moving. Where to from where? Is it for college or full? I'm wondering, because if you moved away, away would you still be a Michigander?
Saaski_Moql is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 10:34 AM   #1225
toori_akuma
nar nar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingElegance
Hey all. Another Michigan cosplayer here. Go Grand Rapids! W00t.. ..::Cough:: Anyway... Just wanted to say 'Hi'... My brain is pretty much dead right now.. Can't think of much to say. ^^

Always....
Alyson

I'm from GR too! Yipee, some one else from my side of the state. *glares* stupid miles, there too far... We need more western michigan people on here, I'm seriously thinking about starting another topic for it. All this southeastern stuff I can't do. Its depressing!
Seras : 15% complete
toori_akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 02:20 PM   #1226
tohru_tohru
Information Miner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi
I'll be posting a "seeking RE cosplayers" message later this week on the Michigan Cosplayers Yahoo Group. Hopefully I can get a few other people to come in costume.
Which group is it? The michigan_anime_cosplay one? I'd love to join it ^.^

Then came Dr. Tran... O_O
tohru_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 04:47 PM   #1227
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

hell yeah, he'll still be a michigander, though i think he's talking UofD mercy. i know this cuz I'm still a michigander even though i'm currently living in indy (hence the signature) and I've still got teh coolness of michigan in me.

btw, i would actually prefer to change the name of the thread from southeastern michigan to just plain Michigan, but it won't let me, so don't be discouraged, and stay part of our group!

Edit: holy crap.. i just realized our thread is on page 83, and over 1200 posts... w000000t!
Unread 08-23-2004, 05:11 PM   #1228
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Yep Gryph is right. The only moving I'll be doing for the next while is moving down to Detroit to the UDM campus. I'll most definitely still be a Michigander!

Gryph - Between your l33t trashtalk and now your informative posts, I'm left at what to think. Rather than try to be more l33t, I'll just sit here and smile. *coughs, bring it. coughs*.

CB and ND, it was good to see you at festival.
Hylian Lore
Unread 08-23-2004, 05:34 PM   #1229
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi
P.S. I have one extra Umbrella corp logo fabric patch and an extra S.T.A.R.S. patch if anyone needs it for their costume. And if anyone plans on going as a Umbrella scientist/lab worker, let me know. I'm getting some realistic Umbrella corporation ID badges made, and I'm trying to figure out how many I should get before I place my order.
I'll take a patch please! Oh, and uh, I might be able to bring u to the frankenmuth gathering. If I'm going at all, I'll be able to take you. It's just that I start my 1st day of college next monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaski_Moql
L33T \/\/177 47w4yz r00l3/0wnz/d0m1n473 j00/3\/ery0n3 37s3! (...sorry, couldn't resist ^^).
9r3p4r3 J0r 45$ 9H0R I/\/\/\/\3[\]3[\]7 !<1(!<I[\]6!!!
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 06:51 PM   #1230
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguru

9r3p4r3 J0r 45$ 9H0R I/\/\/\/\3[\]3[\]7 !<1(!<I[\]6!!!
*stares for 5 minutes*....ooooh, now that's not good. <(^__^)> I still say bring it. You and your bro both remember how I dropped you in SSBM.

Anyway, that's cool if you can bring Shinobi, Daguru. Where are you starting Monday? Good luck!

Darn if you're taking the last patch, I might need to borrow something for that movie. Anything with long ears?
Hylian Lore

Last edited by The-Real-Link : 08-23-2004 at 06:54 PM.