Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Archives > Onna!

Unread 08-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
hikura
Flyboy

RE:great time at shoujocon

Good evening everyone.I been home now for a little more then 35 minutes now as i write this.I want to say to the staff among others at shoujocon.I had a wonderful time.I really enjoyed this con very much.It was a very nice con that is personable and highly enjoyable.The only was one minor thing wrong but it is not worth mentioning about this con to ruin it.Despite me only being there one day i was impressed by not only the dealers room but the events also.True there was not a lot of events running but that is what made it fun.You had enough time from one event to the next without rushing.Plus you had some wonderful guests.I found everything enjoyable.I want to give the staff kudos for a well done job.Thank you very much.

Unread 08-24-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
Silence Glaive
Professor Kitty

Well, as a member of the games staff at Shoujocon, I'd like to thank you. It's not the easiest thing in the world to be a staffer (especially when jobs are randomly sprung on you...like a DDR tournament). However, there is nothing I would rather do than staff Shoujocon...being so small it's really easy to get to know everyone, and everyone is always so great to talk to. I'm glad you had fun, and I hope we'll see you next year!

Creator of Anime Parliament (R)
www.animeparliament.com
Unread 08-24-2003, 08:51 PM   #3
Michela
Grapes are fun!

Silence Glaive: I've been to several cons, but the Shoujocon staff was definitely the best (especially during the masquerade! It was so organized and personalized, so I must thank you... my first masquerade experience was terrible, and you helped to make the second so much better for me!) Unfortunately, I had to leave RIGHT after my skit, (Jen/Mad Hatter's parents personally told us they would skin us alive if we weren't back before 10 PM -_-) but I still felt like a million bucks afterwords. I just wish I could have seen who won the awards! I loved the Evangelion and Anime Idol skits soooo much! (Those were my favorites!) Everyone put a great amount of effort to their performances (and we had an INTELLIGENT audience! YAY!) ... this was my favorite masquerade experience yet. Thanks, everyone, for making Shoujocon so memorable for me!
Michela: "I'm planning to place scorpions in my next costume, so that I can approach craftsmanship judges and say, 'not only did I hand make the entire dress, but I also added scorpions into the lining. I walk carefully when I wear it because I never know when they will strike. They are crawling around somewhere in the hems as we speak...'
And the judges will reply, 'SCORPIONS, YOU SAY? HAVE A TROPHY.'
Victory will be mine."
Ali: Scorpions are the new beading!
Unread 08-24-2003, 09:07 PM   #4
aeva
H. Potter Connoisseur

I agree with Michela dahling- Shoujocon was so much fun, even if attendence was less than a third of last year's. Anywho, I was impressed at how well everything was organized [unlike ::coughcoughAXNYmasqueradecough::], and the you always understood everything about the con- where to go, when it started, how things ran.... Wonderful staffers this yar. <3

Half of my great time at Shoujocon had to do with my excellent room.... I love my friends. They're hysterical.

And love Joanne, the owner of a local coffeehouse/icecream parlor/cafe... she gave me her adult badge. XD

...and I got to see Michela again, and she is amazing. <3Talking to Ranma/Adam was also great- he's such a sweetie! If you read this, congrats on 3rd place, hun! :3
Unread 08-24-2003, 09:48 PM   #5
zephy
The Manda-Rin Orange

Having roomed with several staff members this weekend, I saw the stress they endured and hope they know how grateful we all were, but as friends and as attendees

For a small con, shoujocon was great.... even if it was in the M.C. Escher hotel from HELLL!!!! God that place was confusing. But in any case, it was totally worth it. It was my first REAL con cosplay ( I was the Chii wanderingn around in her bakery outfit on friday and saturday) and I had a ball....

well Im tired and must entertain my guests before their long trip back to Indiana and Missouri respectively so I'm sure I'll post later!
Unread 08-25-2003, 01:35 AM   #6
neoangelwink
waiting

^_^ i had great time. I think i had more fun at shojon, thin i did at otakon. it was great meeting every one.
Unread 08-25-2003, 11:41 AM   #7
Silence Glaive
Professor Kitty

Michela: The winners of the cosplay were:
1st: Anime Idol
2nd: the Harry Potter skit
3rd: Studmaster Anti-Fanboy Service

I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed Shoujocon...due to the decreased numbers we suffered this year, everyone was worried that a 2004 wouldn't happen. But it's on for next year, and I hope everyone who loved it will bring along other people. I would hate to see Shoujocon go away.

Creator of Anime Parliament (R)
www.animeparliament.com
Unread 08-25-2003, 11:53 AM   #8
Eriol
Chiaroscuro

Please continue to check the Shoujocon website (http://www.shoujocon.com) for further information on Shoujocon 2004 as they continue to be developed.

The staff needs to rest. heh

2012 Convention Schedule
Steampunk Worlds Fair | Otakon

Last edited by Eriol : 08-25-2003 at 11:56 AM.
Unread 08-25-2003, 11:55 AM   #9
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

ah, I'm so glad everyone had a great time! I had to miss this year's Shoujocon (it would have been my 3rd!) because of band camp, and I'm relieved to know it's on for sure for 2004!
Unread 08-25-2003, 12:26 PM   #10
ki kuru kitty
Banned

Booya! I had a spectacular time. I'd like to give out a special thank you to all the ladies that made it to the dance floor on Saturday. That Definately made my con great. I will have pictures uploaded as soon as I clean out the viruses.

P.S
Did anyone come across a getbackers pair of sunglasses?
Unread 08-25-2003, 03:52 PM   #11
hachikin
the onion girl

i took a bunch of sunglasses to the hotel lost & found (front desk) after the con finished.
Unread 08-25-2003, 07:40 PM   #12
marsie
Busty MacHumps

Yeah I found them, They were destroyed. >.<
We laid them to rest.
All grieve that glasses.

Beth G
Ohayocon Board of Directors

Senior Director of Operations
Unread 08-25-2003, 07:52 PM   #13
neoangelwink
waiting

aww give littel prey to the the glasses
Unread 08-25-2003, 07:55 PM   #14
marsie
Busty MacHumps

*prays for the glasses where ever they maybe*

Beth G
Ohayocon Board of Directors

Senior Director of Operations
Unread 08-25-2003, 08:52 PM   #15
krystal1314
Cheesemists

Shoujocon was great... if only I didn't lose my digital camera at the con x______x
Did anybody find it? It's an HP Photosmart 318 (silver) and I'm *pretty* sure I dropped it in the EVENTS room ;___; I tried calling the hotel and everything, but nothing so far.....