Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 11-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
luckylucy73
Little Miss Lucifer

What colour fabric for a Teddiursa cosplay?

I'm having trouble with deciding what colour fabric I need for my Teddiursa cosplay.

Most people have used brown fabric for it however a teddiursa isn't brown! I was thinking of getting more of a peach coloured fabric but I want to know what everyone else thinks I should do.

A Teddiursa:http://pokelibrary.com/images/pokemon/teddiursa.jpg

Thank you
luckylucy73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
griffstar
Fan girls are scary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylucy73 View Post
I'm having trouble with deciding what colour fabric I need for my Teddiursa cosplay.

Most people have used brown fabric for it however a teddiursa isn't brown! I was thinking of getting more of a peach coloured fabric but I want to know what everyone else thinks I should do.

A Teddiursa:http://pokelibrary.com/images/pokemon/teddiursa.jpg

Thank you
Will this costume be a Gijinka Pokémon or a mascot Pokémon? I'm curious as to how you will make this.

As to your question of choosing a color, I would recommend a caramel colored fabric for the main body of the teddiursa, and a peach/pale yellow color for around the mouth area. White fabric for the crescent moon.

I hope this helped.
griffstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
luckylucy73
Little Miss Lucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffstar View Post
Will this costume be a Gijinka Pokémon or a mascot Pokémon? I'm curious as to how you will make this.

As to your question of choosing a color, I would recommend a caramel colored fabric for the main body of the teddiursa, and a peach/pale yellow color for around the mouth area. White fabric for the crescent moon.

I hope this helped.
Thank you it did ^^ I want to do a Gijinka pokemon but I wanted to make the cosplay so its like a kigurumi (basically giant pajamas with a hood) because I thought that would be a cute idea!
Unread 11-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
griffstar
Fan girls are scary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylucy73 View Post
Thank you it did ^^ I want to do a Gijinka pokemon but I wanted to make the cosplay so its like a kigurumi (basically giant pajamas with a hood) because I thought that would be a cute idea!
That will be cute. Can't wait to see it.
Unread 11-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #5
ZeroEnna
Geocaching Cosplayer

It depends on what reference pic you're using.

You see in the end it's up to you to decide.
My girlfriend always mourns when I ask her what colour to use, or when I'm upüset that the color isn't 100% like in pictures. And I guess she's right. You can't choose a color with a hundred percent accuracy, there will ALWAYS be some differences. But at least you must wear it with pride. Even "brown Teddiursa" cosplayer wear there costumes with bride becuase to them, Teddiursa IS brown. So Cosplay is like philosophy: There's no wrong and no right! I always make my decisions based on facts like practicability, functionality and my personal opinion.

And my personal opinion tells me that Teddiursa is ochre
ZeroEnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
griffstar
Fan girls are scary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroEnna View Post
It depends on what reference pic you're using.

You see in the end it's up to you to decide.
My girlfriend always mourns when I ask her what colour to use, or when I'm upüset that the color isn't 100% like in pictures. And I guess she's right. You can't choose a color with a hundred percent accuracy, there will ALWAYS be some differences. But at least you must wear it with pride. Even "brown Teddiursa" cosplayer wear there costumes with bride becuase to them, Teddiursa IS brown. So Cosplay is like philosophy: There's no wrong and no right! I always make my decisions based on facts like practicability, functionality and my personal opinion.

And my personal opinion tells me that Teddiursa is ochre
LOL! I love your philosophy, and it's true too! Ochre is actually a very accurate color for the Teddiursa; harder to find in the correct shade, but damn near perfect color. That's why I suggested using caramel, you can get the color to range from dark to a lighter shade and more stores carry the color.
Unread 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
ZeroEnna
Geocaching Cosplayer

That's why I cosplay: It's fun! The journey is its own reward.
I don't want perfection at all cost. That's what I - in some way - despise at German cosplayer. They even try to make the weapons accurate to a millimetre. I hate this. Isn't it immaterial whether 91.1 cm or 91.2 cm?
I guess I will never fully get it, but at least "I did it my way"
ZeroEnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
luckylucy73
Little Miss Lucifer

Ok thanks everyone! and I only wanted to know what colour to use because in some pics they where brown and in others they where kinda a peachy colour.
I decided that im going to use brown because I have found some ref pictures of some brown teddiursas and the brown fabric is alot easier to get ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroEnna View Post
That's why I cosplay: It's fun! The journey is its own reward.
I don't want perfection at all cost. That's what I - in some way - despise at German cosplayer. They even try to make the weapons accurate to a millimetre. I hate this. Isn't it immaterial whether 91.1 cm or 91.2 cm?
I guess I will never fully get it, but at least "I did it my way"
I'm not a perfectionist but I did want my cosplay to look like the pokemon I was cosplaying,for it to look impressive, accurate and not like I had put any old thing together with no effort at all.

Thank you everyone again for your help

Last edited by luckylucy73 : 12-09-2009 at 09:44 AM.