Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Zhang Qi
Banned

Build an actual bazooka for your cosplay!

I've tried to start a thread myself on this one but I keep getting malfunctions on my computer and it mysteriously disappears from your site so please bear with this.

First get pvc tube with a diameter at least 40mm.The length of the tube should be enough for you to carry. Then get a 24V wet cell battery and mount it on a housing beside the tube then insert the two open terminal wires into a section of the tube that will come in contact with the rocket. Then run the negative battery wire to a switch which will be mounted on an insulated hand grip beneath the tube, this will act as the trigger for the rocket. Then make a metal tube that will fit into the bazooka and make sure it has a pointed nose so that it can glide smoothly through the air. For the rocket fuel, gasoline can easily be bought from a gas station or you could use gunpowder from bullets purchased at a gun shop. Make sure that a conical shaped nozzle is attached at the back of the rocket and make sure its hole is attached to the small hole of another nozzle, this is to control the flight of the rocket so it stays on a straight course. Now to prevent the rocket fuel from leaking out, you can glue a thin rubber sealant to the inner hole of the outer nozzle which would melt off when the fuel is ignited. As soon as the rocket is complete you must also attach a metal ring at the back of the bazooka tube which will prevent the rocket from falling out before it is fired. Now after all your preparations are complete you can fire the rocket at some rocks or a target to demonstrate it. Pulling the trigger switch will connect the battery's two wires together allowing current to flow through. The wires which are in contact will run the current to the metal rocket whose fuel will be ignited by the electricity. The burning fuel will melt the sealant and propel the rocket out of the launch tube. It is quite a simple principle and building it should not be too costly. Just make sure to wear earplugs when firing as the loud hiss of the explosion could damage your hearing. Attached to this message is a diagram of the bazooka and its parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bazooka.JPG (28.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Zhang Qi : 10-18-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Zhang Qi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Qi View Post
I've tried to start a thread myself on this one but I keep getting malfunctions on my computer and it mysteriously disappears from your site so please bear with this.
It probably isn't a malfunction, you have to have a certain number of posts before Cosplay.com's Spam filter lets you through sometimes. Once you been on the site awhile longer, and have over 20-25 posts, you could try again. ^^
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote