Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #481
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Reference Sheets/Series Info: Inazuma 11 (part 5)

She's Really the President's Daughter?! Zaizen Touko

Position: MF
Jersey Number: 10 (8 ~ Inazuma)

Captain of the Special Fixers. She took a shine to Endou's honest personality at once.

*September 2010

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 11-05-2010 at 02:41 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #482
akipanda
pokemon fan

This is an awesome thread!
>w<

Possibly Eager Love Revenge Gumi
akipanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #483
Azeria

Thanks so much for a ll the work translating these!
So many more Vocaloid ideas now >___>

& its interesting seeing the different atitudes, like don't show up in costume/get public transport in costume.
In NZ we have cosplay meets all the time just randomly in town xD
Unread 10-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #484
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
Prop Tutorial: Kagamine Rin and Len Headsets
]Prop Tutorial: Kagamine Rin and Len Headsets[/u][/b]
You guys liked the headset featured in vol. 24 so much that we got tons of requests for the tutorial. Well here it is!

When cosplaying over long periods of time or transporting props, it's nice to have materials that are lightweight but won't crush or fall apart in transport, right? Well this headset is designed around a kachusha (thin headband) and a wired ribbon for a stiff stand-up look. For Rin's headset, see the tutorial through to the end. Stopping at 9 will give you Len's. (though with a bit of color manipulation: you can do Miku and Luka's too!)

You'll Need:
-lionboard (craft foam, EVA board)
-stretch vinyl (white)
-G bond (glue)
-Hologram paper
-headband
-paperclay (white)
-wire (white)
-Ribbon piece (white)
-ribbon tie (white)

Step 1 ~ Cut the Lionboard

Using 3 mm (thickness) lionboard, cut out 2 sets like the ones shown above - ear back x2, ear front x2, long side strip x2, short side strip x2.

Step 2 ~ Stick on the Stretch Vinyl

Cover the surface of your cut pieces with the stretch vinyl using G-bond.

Step 3 ~ Stick The Paper on from Behind

Trace and cut the headset frontpiece pattern out of the hologram-paper. Spread glue on the back of your now-covered front-piece and then stick it to the face-up paper. If you want to use clear plastic sheeting or something similar, please go ahead. (not mentioned ~ but shown: there are two pieces of paper glued together to make the shape, the front is yellow and the back is silver.)

Step 4 ~ Assemble the Sides of the Headphones

After the side parts have been covered with vinyl (while they're still wet), bend them to fit the curve of the headphones. Glue them to the front piece on the sides and hold them a bit while they dry to be sure they keep their shape.

Step 8 ~ Attatch the Mic with White Wire

Poke a hole in the paperclay with some wire, remove the wire once and fill the hole with glue. Stick the wire back inside and allow to dry completely.

Step 9 ~ Complete the Ear Parts

Secure the mic wire to the back of the left earpiece and dry completely. Then close the earpiece up by gluring the back and sides together with G-bond.

Step 10 ~ Attatch Wire to the Ribbon Base

Before sewing your ribbon pattern pieces together, layer some wire in the center (back side) of one piece as shown. Then attatch a layer of tulle trim in the same place on the other piece before sewing the ribbon shut.

Step 11 ~ Attatch the Ribbon to the Headphones

Use a machine stitch to finish your ribbon, then gather it as-shown and use a small finished piece of fabric to attatch it to the base and act as the ribbon's tie. Hand-sew to finish!!

Have a look at the completed headset here.

*LAYERS Bible vol. 2

If only SOMEONE could mention were to get ALL of this stuff in America . . D:

I couldn't find even a fourth of the stuff on this list! D:<

All I found was craft foam and a headband. There was no wire, stretch vinyl, no nothing.

>__< This is what I hate about tutorials. people never mention where they get their supplies from. And when they do, they never supply an alternative just incase the store doesn't have it. Sometimes if they do mention where they got it, they don't mention where they got EVERYTHING. And it makes me frustrating for me trying to find what I need to do this.
Rin.Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #485
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

What about a Rin Kagamine costume tutorial? like you did \Len's?
Unread 10-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #486
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin.Kagamine View Post
What about a Rin Kagamine costume tutorial? like you did \Len's?
I don't own one, so I can't translate it :/ Sorry.

Unread 10-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #487
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

dang it, you give me materials, but you dont tell me what to do with it. >__<

*rin kagamine
Unread 11-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #488
Queenblurblab

I would suggest going to a fabric store like Joannes for the vinyl, ribbon and bow. And most craft stores should have what you need. Just try asking the staff there they want to help you.
Also don't complain about the tutorial, what kiratsukai is doing for us we should all be great full since not all of us are able to read japanese or have access to these magazines.
Queenblurblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #489
koi-ishly
Dreamer

This is awesome! =) So happy I'm bored at work and looking at posts.

Thanks for your hard work!
koi-ishly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #490
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Wig 10 Maker Color and Feel Comparison Catalog: Dark Red

Choosing a wig is enough to stress just about anyone out. Making the selection process even more difficult is the subtle difference in color and texture between each maker. We'll show you several different brands' colors side by side.

Dark Red
"Dark red" is a saturated red in the range of wine to brick. Pay particular attention to the sheen and deepness when choosing a color.

Prichara
heat resistant "wine red"
heart resistant military medi
4,935 yen

This wig is heat-resistant, so it can be heat-set before cutting for best results.

http://www.prichara.com

Zephyr
"wine red"
heart resistant shaggy straight
4,800 yen

A deep, dark red. We recommend it to those looking for a flashy wig with lots of lustre. It has a low fibre count, so it should only be used for simple-cuts and as-is wear.

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/zephyr1/

airily
"brick red"
medium straight F
6,195 yen

Red the color of brick. This is a more muted color nearer to th range of browns. It has a high fibre count throughout the wig.

http://airily.jp/

Assist
"wine red 118"
medium z
5,980 yen

An ever-so-slightly lighter wine red. It's aimed at customers looking for a more natural, matte sheen. It has a high fibre count, so it can be cut and styled in a variety of ways.

http://www.assist-wig.com

Classe
"red 15"
straight 45cm
4,200 yen

A deep, saturated brick red. It's manufactured with a central rooting style that gives the hair a tendency to wave. We recommend using a blow dryer or hot iron to straighten the hair before cutting or styling.

http://www.classewig.com/wig/

(Note: Translations are having to be drastically altered due to an inability to surpass the bugs in coscom's systems. They are no longer even remotely literal. Several mysterious combinations of words render articles unpostable or trap updates in feedback loops. No one seems willing to address the problem beyond saying there is a filter that is trapping certain words. Errors won't tell me what those words are... nor has a list been posted anywhere... so for the time being, I'll post these however I possibly can.)

Last edited by kiratsukai : 11-05-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Unread 11-05-2010, 03:11 AM   #491
Sparklewolfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin.Kagamine View Post
If only SOMEONE could mention were to get ALL of this stuff in America . . D:

I couldn't find even a fourth of the stuff on this list! D:<

All I found was craft foam and a headband. There was no wire, stretch vinyl, no nothing.

>__< This is what I hate about tutorials. people never mention where they get their supplies from. And when they do, they never supply an alternative just incase the store doesn't have it. Sometimes if they do mention where they got it, they don't mention where they got EVERYTHING. And it makes me frustrating for me trying to find what I need to do this.
Usually people writing tutorials assume there is some common sense when finding common objects not to mention every country has different shops

craft stores such as Micheal's (maybe Hobby Lobby - never been to one, but I heard of this name before)

-stretch vinyl (white)

fabric store (Jo-Ann, Hancock, internet)
You may need to check multiple branches of a store because not EVERY branch carries EVERYTHING available

-G bond (glue)

uh, it's glue... I am sure you can find it

-Hologram paper

I am not sure what this is, but Google provided many suppliers/shops. Also try Ebay, or Etsy or ArtFire?

-headband

Yay you found it

-paperclay (white)

craft stores (Micheal's for sure, most deco artists get from there I believe) or Japanese mousse clay? j-box.com. Internet?

-wire (white)

hardware store. Home Depot. Craft stores. Look in the beading or jewelry section

-Ribbon piece (white)
-ribbon tie (white)

Jo-Ann, Hancock, craft store, check scrapbooking area and general sewing place. There is a LOT of ribbon available, especially in plain colors

if all else fails, try Ebay, Etsy, ArtFire, and Google. Sometimes it takes a while to find a supply. It took me a couple months of trying different terms in Google just to find plain, stark white wool
Sparklewolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #492
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Wig 10 Maker Color and Feel Comparison Catalog: Dark Red (part 2)

JAIL
"dark red"
semi-long straight 40cm
5,900 yen

A deep, dark red. Of all the reds here, it has the most subdued tone. It has a high fibre count, so it's suitable for complicated cuts and styling.

http://www.layered.me/shop/

Gataket
"Wine red S"
shaggy short S
3,980 yen

This dark red is subdued but has quite a lot of lustre. It isn't all that thick, so it can easily and quickly be styled with a drying or a flat iron.

https://gataketshop.jp/shop/index.cgi

COSPATIO
"Apricot red"
straight long
8,400 yen

A bright, lighter dark red. This is a brand-new heat-resistant type. It has lower saturation than the other reds, meaning it will suit a larger variety of skin tones.

http://cospatio.com/original-wig/

Vellsus
"Brick red"
bob short
4,680 yen

A matte dark red. It's not as saturated as the others, but it's still clearly "red". It's thickly rooted with a high fibre count making it easy to accomplish high volume styles.

http://www.vellsus.com/

Swallowtail
"Wine"
medium
4,980 yen

A dark red with a pretty subdued tone. We recommend it for those looking for a more natural red. It has a high fibre count, so it's easy to style.

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/cos-wig-mkt/

*October 2010

Last edited by kiratsukai : 11-05-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Unread 11-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #493
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklewolfie View Post
Usually people writing tutorials assume there is some common sense when finding common objects not to mention every country has different shops

craft stores such as Micheal's (maybe Hobby Lobby - never been to one, but I heard of this name before)

-stretch vinyl (white)

fabric store (Jo-Ann, Hancock, internet)
You may need to check multiple branches of a store because not EVERY branch carries EVERYTHING available

-G bond (glue)

uh, it's glue... I am sure you can find it

-Hologram paper

I am not sure what this is, but Google provided many suppliers/shops. Also try Ebay, or Etsy or ArtFire?

-headband

Yay you found it

-paperclay (white)

craft stores (Micheal's for sure, most deco artists get from there I believe) or Japanese mousse clay? j-box.com. Internet?

-wire (white)

hardware store. Home Depot. Craft stores. Look in the beading or jewelry section

-Ribbon piece (white)
-ribbon tie (white)

Jo-Ann, Hancock, craft store, check scrapbooking area and general sewing place. There is a LOT of ribbon available, especially in plain colors

if all else fails, try Ebay, Etsy, ArtFire, and Google. Sometimes it takes a while to find a supply. It took me a couple months of trying different terms in Google just to find plain, stark white wool

I found the wire, but i have to pant it . . D:
Unread 11-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #494
annablle

大家都留下msn好吗
annablle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #495
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

Oh my gosh . . I found the tutorial for Rin's costume . . BUT ITS IN JAPANESE! D:

Google translator just bunches of the words though.

>__<

Anyone willing to translate this?

http://layers.dengeki.com/vocaloid/img/RIN_howto.pdf