Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 08-25-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
FoxyKitsu

Calling all wedding Yunas

I hope this isn't a repeat post. I'm finishing up my wedding Yuna costume, however I can't seem to figure out how to make her wings. They seem to be more like bird's wings than angel wings. I'm tring to come up with ideas, but I've never made wings before. If anyone out there has made her wings, or has even a remote idea on what I should do, would you please be so kind as to help me out on this one. I have to have the costume ready by the first weekend in October for AnimeNext.
FoxyKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2003, 05:04 PM   #2
Rinoa1022
La La La cant hearrr you

sorry i dont kno how to make the wings.....but what kind of feathers did you use on the dress. im looking for some long ones, like exactly like the ones from the game lol. any site i should see?
Rinoa1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
FoxyKitsu

I am using 6-9 inch pointer feathers. I bought them from Ostriches on-line. I can't find the url at the moment, (I'm at work) but I'll post it up for you when I get it. You can also do a search on Yahoo! Shopping for them. (look up feathers). I decided against long feathers because I didn't like what was open to me, and it was too expensive for the amount of feathers I needed. (I needed 2,400 and I still may need more) I seem to be the only one doing the costume as I'm doing it so I keep wondering if I'm doing it wrong, but at this point I have no choice. I'm using a model I bought of Weddign Yuna to make the costumes and she's ALL feather after the dress stops in the front. I can post up the link to the model I got if you'd like me to. (The link is to the site I got her from since I can't scan things up just yet) Best of luck on your costume ok?
FoxyKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

There's no "right" or "wrong" way to make a costume. Just do it the way you see best.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
Rinoa1022
La La La cant hearrr you

thank you very much! im prob going to try for the long feather because i dont need as many being that im making this as my prom dress, so without a train. itz seems like its alot of work thou gah! good luck with yours
Unread 09-04-2003, 08:39 PM   #6
Ayana
Accio!

I'm planning on making it for my prom dress, too ^^ I'm not sure how I'll make the wings yet, when I do come up with some ideas I'll post them.

under-the-gun.org
Ayana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2003, 09:25 PM   #7
tristasusen
DRINK PEPSI AND EAT PIZZA

wow. that would look really nice, does anybody have any pictures of her in the wedding dress
Unread 09-04-2003, 09:42 PM   #8
LadyGackt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristasusen
wow. that would look really nice, does anybody have any pictures of her in the wedding dress
yep, here's Yaya who did the cosplay.....
http://angelicstar.net/cosplay/yuna.html
Unread 09-06-2003, 08:11 PM   #9
Rinoa1022
La La La cant hearrr you

wow she made the dress so nice i like the addons she did. im prob going to embroyder feathers around the top of mine but not to sure yet. but wow she made it pretty
Unread 09-06-2003, 10:58 PM   #10
Kairi G
*shiny*

Ok for the wings i bought several ostrich plumes and some duck feathers and i constructed the wings using a styrofoam ring and half a styrofoam ball, the flowers were on the ball and the feathers on the ring. i used an elastic band to hold them in place around my waist that was hidden under the costume. if you wanna see a pic go to my member gallery. i hope i was able to help you out.
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2003, 07:48 PM   #11
Brunhilde
No, wanna sell your soul

I am about to make some wings for my Meroko costume. Although I'm not sure yet is it if going to work, I plan on making a wire frame outlining the basic shape, then fill it in with chicken wire and then start glueing feathers on to each side. Although the Yuna wings are more difficult, a simular idea may work for you.
Brunhilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #12
Kairi G
*shiny*

hmmmmm.... chicken wire....thats a good idea, i think i may just use that sometime, i absolutely adore wings and wanted to try making some really cool ones on my own but had no idea how to do it. thanx for the idea!
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2003, 07:05 PM   #13
lainey
D2R Cosplay

what kind of fabric do you suggest?

i actually want to make this costume, but not spend too much on fabric.

what would be a cheap, amd good fabric to use?

i found this pic of a cosplayer...
and the fabric doesn't look like satin or anything that pricey, but still is very nice.

what kind of fabric do you think it is...?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg cosfest09.jpeg (97.8 KB, 19 views)
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2003, 08:44 PM   #14
Rinoa1022
La La La cant hearrr you

hmm not too sure. but depending on where you go shopping you can just look around and find somthing. i made a dress last year, not sure what of, but it was white and looked very nice for only 15 a yard. just look and youll find im making mine for a class project and to wear for prom so im prob useing bridal satin, but thats wayyyy to much for jus a cosplay outfit in my mind lol. good luck looking!
Unread 09-22-2003, 09:32 AM   #15
Ndi
Close your eyes....

I'd love to use a fabric like the one used here: http://www21.big.or.jp/~bkmoon/20000821/neo.jpg , but I'm not really sure what you would call that. What I really would love to do is put a corset in the bodice, like a Maggie Sottero dress, but I think something like that is beyond my modest skills.
Ndi is offline   Reply With Quote