Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #151
WindNinjaDW
I'm a ninja....word!

Thanks for your response, princemercury. Where would the best place be to buy cheap fabric? Also, forgive my ignorance, but I'm not quite clear on what you mean by using an interface for the collar. Are you referring to post-timeskip Law or Law before the timeskip?

*Kilik Lunge from Soul Eater(2012-13)*
*Ren Akatsuki from Fairy Tail(2013)*
*Garterbelt from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt(TBD)*
*Trafalgar Law from One Piece(TBD)*
*Omoi from Naruto Shippuden(TBD)*
*Master Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep(TBD)*

Future Conventions of 2013 :

Nan Desu Kan, September 13-15, 2013 Denver, CO
WindNinjaDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #152
princemercury1
The Nobleman

For his collar it pretty much stands up for his Time skip coat. You use really stiff interface to keep the collar standing up. Interface is material u put between the fabric and lining of the collar and you can pick it at a fabric store. As far as the fabric, Joann's is always nice! They always mail off coupons every two weeks and they can range from 40%-60%. Hancock's is ok, but they have the best vinyl, pleather fabric that you can use for your costumes and you can possibly find a coupon online from them.

and

ACE Paradise Gallery
princemercury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #153
dvt
Luffy D. Freeks

Oh man I saw so many people with the Chopper hat at Fanime this year lol, makes me wanna cosp as chopper xddddddddddddddddddddddddetc

also there was a ssssick ass Bartholomew Kuma life size and everything. Friend and I got pix with him
dvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #154
ShimaGenki

Also, if you have a smartphone, you can download Joann's app. They have coupons that you can use at the register with your phone--I see often 40% off total purchase or single item (including a single-cut of fabric).

A general go-to fabric for mock-sewing is Muslin. It's usually by the cottons in Joann. Actually, this week their Roc-Lon Muslin is on sale (along with a bunch of their other fabrics)--I just bought seven yards, some which will be used for my Nami cosplay.

If you get a moment, go to Joann this week and take advantage of the deals c:
ShimaGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #155
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Oh hey! I can't believe I never found this thread before! XD I cosplay 2 outfits of Nami's, and will eventually be making one of Nico Robin's outfits. My bf cosplays Luffy with me, and will also be doing Zoro.

At A-Kon a couple of weeks ago we saw SO MANY One Piece cosplayers, it was crazy!

I'm still working on watching all the episodes though, I'm a late starter with this anime, I think I'm only in the 200s, haha. So I may have more people I wanna cosplay as I go through the anime >_>

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #156
Gilasaurus

So.. :c i'm in some trouble. I can't find a straw hat that fits my head. ALSO i have no clue how to make one someone help me ):
Gilasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #157
p1mp3rn3l
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilasaurus View Post
So.. :c i'm in some trouble. I can't find a straw hat that fits my head. ALSO i have no clue how to make one someone help me ):
Don't buy one of the cheap straw hats from one of the random Chinese vendors. The hat will be ridiculously small and bright yellow (instead of a duller straw color).

What I ended up doing was as follows:
1)Find a normal straw hat (ebay/thriftstore/etc) that fit my size requirements
2)Buy a spool of red ribbon/fabric
3)Use a hotglue gun to put the fabric onto the hat

Bam! You have your own strawhat! (You can see what mine looks like in my photo album).
~Natsu (Fairy Tail) - 25%
~Green Arrow - 5%

Completed Cosplays:
~Mid-Valley the Horn Freak (Trigun) - 100%
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) - 100%
p1mp3rn3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #158
dvt
Luffy D. Freeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1mp3rn3l View Post
Don't buy one of the cheap straw hats from one of the random Chinese vendors. The hat will be ridiculously small and bright yellow (instead of a duller straw color).

What I ended up doing was as follows:
1)Find a normal straw hat (ebay/thriftstore/etc) that fit my size requirements
2)Buy a spool of red ribbon/fabric
3)Use a hotglue gun to put the fabric onto the hat

Bam! You have your own strawhat! (You can see what mine looks like in my photo album).
thx dude! ^^
dvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #159
mrhooch
Cosplay noob

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question but I'm new here... I searched the forums trying to find a group that is going to DragonCon this year that would be interested in doing some One Piece characters but I haven't found anything. Am I just not looking in the right place or is there really no organized group that is going to DragonCon this year? Thanks for any advice/help!

Mr. Hooch
mrhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #160
princemercury1
The Nobleman

A few us did One Piece last year, but this year we sadly aren't going to be at Dragon*con. =(

and

ACE Paradise Gallery
princemercury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #161
Inwub

Hey guys! Just wanted some opinions...

What do you think of girls with less.. err... assets cosplaying as the women of One Piece?

I'm planning a Boa Hancock cosplay, but, unfortunately, I don't have a J-cup or anywhere close to that! I actually told my boyfriend I would and he was like "You mean this?" -.-

Personally, I think it does affect the cosplay (but I'm a perfectionist u_u;... so what about you guys?
Inwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:47 AM   #162
Mr Firefly
Dear Canadian

Well, all the girls in One Piece have pretty exaggerated woman bits! (There's not a whole lot of girls with a J-cup, right?)

And if you look it up:
link

...Plenty of lovely cosplays even by those who aren't so 'blessed'!

If it does bother you though, what about padding and makeup? You can squish your boobs closer together and pad the outsides, or use makeup to emphasize your cleavage!
Mr Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #163
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inwub View Post
Hey guys! Just wanted some opinions...

What do you think of girls with less.. err... assets cosplaying as the women of One Piece?

I'm planning a Boa Hancock cosplay, but, unfortunately, I don't have a J-cup or anywhere close to that! I actually told my boyfriend I would and he was like "You mean this?" -.-

Personally, I think it does affect the cosplay (but I'm a perfectionist u_u;... so what about you guys?
I definitely don't have Nami's bra size, but I used a padded push up bra and some gel inserts to make it look like I do (or at least almost, haha).

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote