Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #46
Lady Shinsei
~ Duelist of Heart ~

Red face

Derp derp... an OP cosplay n00b here...

My sister is bugging me like crazy to cosplay as Emporio Ivankov, and I have no clue what to do - sooo... any tips/help at all would be very very nice. *bows respectfully*

Check out my DeviantArt page if you wish = Kara-Kazeneko

Cosplay WIP = Rex Raptor (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Rinku (Yu Yu Hakusho), God Tier Jane (Homestuck), my own gijinka version of Majesty (oldschool MLP), Clay (Pokemon B&W), and renovating existing stuff.
Lady Shinsei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #47
pancake-fong
Likes Pancakes

So I've decided to take on a Sanji cosplay (since I think he's funny, and I haven't crossplayed in a while).

I want to do Skypeia Sanji (as I'm planning this for a summer cosplay picnic...and a majority of Sanji's costumes are NOT summer friendly) and the only thing I am having trouble trying to plan out is his flower circles of doom on the shirt.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Skypiea%29.jpg

See what I'm talking about?? So I think I'm going to approach it by buying a pink dress shirt and then making a stencil out of foamcore and using fabric paint to paint the designs on. What do you guys think??
pancake-fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #48
TSP!
Stepherizzle! :]

@Ramen Pirate; OTAKONNN! I want to go. ;_______;
Future fun sounds good! I plan to! But IDK if the plans will go through.
Do you plan on going to AX? ALA? SDCC? LOL. xD

@Pancake; That sounds like a good idea! I was going to do the same if I ever did a Skypeia version of Sanji. Maybe try running the test on a scrap fabric first before you really do it on the pink shirt.

@Lady; Maybe try looking at The Rocky Horror Show and at the character Frank. Oda took his inspiration from that for sure. xD Other than that I can't help you.
Unread 04-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #49
makki

I finished up my luffy cosplay and am just working on the hat. I was wondering if I should add a string to his hat like he has in some parts of the series. Has anyone else cosplayed him and made the string part in his hat? Also how big should i make the red ribbon in his hat? Thanks!
makki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #50
Lady Shinsei
~ Duelist of Heart ~

Red face

[[[Post erased due to the information it had no longer being relevant]]]

Last edited by Lady Shinsei : 04-22-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Unread 04-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #51
Lady Shinsei
~ Duelist of Heart ~

Wink

I've unfortunately decided to give up on cosplaying as Emporio Ivankov (not that he isn't a cool character, it's just that I seriously can't see myself being able to pull off a cosplay like that - especially since he's got the 'bare-chest' look).

So... I've come up with a better (& under-cosplayed) idea = 'Iron Mace' Alvida!

(and I'm talking about how overweight she was before eating the Slip-Slip Fruit)

Check out my DeviantArt page if you wish = Kara-Kazeneko

Cosplay WIP = Rex Raptor (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Rinku (Yu Yu Hakusho), God Tier Jane (Homestuck), my own gijinka version of Majesty (oldschool MLP), Clay (Pokemon B&W), and renovating existing stuff.
Unread 04-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #52
pancake-fong
Likes Pancakes

Awwwww, sorry to hear that Lady Shinsei! Alvida is awesome, no matter which form she's in! It'll be awesome!

Sanji progress: A little. Mostly research and such. It's almost friggin impossible to find a pink, short sleeve, dress shirt (at least at my Thrift store). I found one at JCPenneys (or Belk...one of the two) and it cost frigging 30 dollars! (And that was AFTER the special TAKE 50% OFF ORGINAL PRICE)...I might do a long sleeved one (since those seemed to be cheaper and in larger supply) and just cut off part of the sleeves (Maybe I can use the scraps for painting practice for the flower doom circles...but I don't think I'll cut off sleeves until I know how the fabric will react...or have an idea.). I wish I was skizzled (skilled) enough to make a shirt like that, grrrrrr.

I also found goggles on the interwebs that are just like his (sort of). The frames are black and the strap is also black. I'll just paint it orange. I might be able to make some sort of paper mache or fun foam sort of cover for the strap that will still allow it to stretch but be that wierd bulkyish leathery thing strap.
Unread 04-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #53
digigirl6
the lonely girl

lol im going to be zoro then have my younger brother be kid luffy and a friend id goin to be shanks!
digigirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #54
~Squid~

I'm going to cosplay as Luffy, sometime in teh future. All I have right now is the wig and the hat. but hey! that is at least a little progress xD
~Squid~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #55
HimePanda

Hello fellow OP cosplayers! I'm back and facing a new cosplay....JEWERLY BONNEY! I seem to have everything going to plan except for one thing, the hat. Does anyone have any idea on what type of fabric, pattern I should use?
HimePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #56
pancake-fong
Likes Pancakes

Does anyone know if Sanji wears a long sleeve red shirt at some point in the series? For some reason I can see it in my mind's eye that he does, but I don't actually think so. I might have seen it in some fanart or something, so I might just be crazy, lol.

@himepanda: I did a quick search and found this thread from last year: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=181260
It looks pretty useful, so it may help you.
Unread 05-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #57
Ramen Pirate
The Oh-So Notorious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSP! View Post
@Ramen Pirate; OTAKONNN! I want to go. ;_______;
Future fun sounds good! I plan to! But IDK if the plans will go through.
Do you plan on going to AX? ALA? SDCC? LOL. xD
AHAHAHAAA!!
I really only have like 3 cons lined up so far. Otakon, of course, Star Wars Celebration V, and Anime USA are all for sure.
Anything else, I don't really knowwwww!! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by makki View Post
I finished up my luffy cosplay and am just working on the hat. I was wondering if I should add a string to his hat like he has in some parts of the series. Has anyone else cosplayed him and made the string part in his hat? Also how big should i make the red ribbon in his hat? Thanks!
I couldn't tell you exactly, cuz I did a trial and error.
Started large, and just began cutting it down till I finally thought it looked right.
And the string? I had it on originally, but it got annoying after a while.
Haha. I guess it really depends on whether or not you'll be wearing it on your back or your head! I'd say try it, and if you don't like it, you could always take it off, eh?

https://www.facebook.com/ramenpirate

Last edited by Ramen Pirate : 05-20-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Ramen Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #58
Jaseroque

I stuck a string on mine because the hat was too small and it was good to have it off my head sometimes. When you're wearing the hat properly you can put the string behind your head so it can't be seen in photos, that's what I did. That being said, Luffy with the hat on is much more iconic, so if you can it's best to wear the hat most of the time.
Jaseroque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #59
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Shinsei View Post
I've unfortunately decided to give up on cosplaying as Emporio Ivankov (not that he isn't a cool character, it's just that I seriously can't see myself being able to pull off a cosplay like that - especially since he's got the 'bare-chest' look)
You could always do the full-cloaked version! http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nd_Ivankov.jpg
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #60
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Hello everyone! I just finished uploading pics of my Caimie cosplay.
Check them out here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/303927/
I'm so excited to wear it at Anime North this weekend!

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote