Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #91
Marylamb
How did I get here?

I'll be at Otakon this Summer as Strong World Usopp, with a helmet made from an old softball helmet and a samurai do made from a rubbermaid trashcan. Wish me luck and I'll see you there! :P
Marylamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #92
Drunktony
The Drunk One

I'll be Trafaglar Law for Anime Expo 2011, I'm actually in the mist of making the sword now hoep to see anyone planning to go to AX!!! ^^;

Cosplay Group: Void
Current Members:22
We reside in SoCal. If your looking for a Cosplay group to join add me on FB or simply PM me
we are hoping to recruit new faces and happy cosplayers!
Drunktony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #93
LockedxxHeart

Yes, there IS a One Piece thread! Awesome!

I'm glad I found this, because I am looking for some help. What better place to ask for help with a One Piece cosplay then this thread?
Anyway, I would really like to cosplay Nami. I was thinking about doing her first outfit, you know, the white shirt with the blue stripes? Because it doesn't show much skin, and believe me, the last thing you want to see is me in a bikini xP. But I'm unsure how to go about making the shirt. Should I use fabric paint?
Thank you in advance for the help!
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 02:45 AM   #94
Drunktony
The Drunk One

fabric paint would work just be precise with it, and thats awesome that your cosplaying Nami

Cosplay Group: Void
Current Members:22
We reside in SoCal. If your looking for a Cosplay group to join add me on FB or simply PM me
we are hoping to recruit new faces and happy cosplayers!
Drunktony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #95
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Locked- I think fabric paint will work. To make the stripes, put masking tape down where you don't want the color to be and paint the rest. When the paint dries, peel up the tape, heat set, and you're good to go.

I recently cosplayed Camie and I had a lot of fun. Since I would like to wear this costume again, I'm thinking I should get a better wig. My original one looked like this, but I'm thinking about getting this one. Some friends have told me I'm fine with what I have, but I would like to get more opinions.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #96
TheAutonomist

Ive gone as Law with my gf as bonney, I think the next OP cosplay I do will probably be a mihawk. or at least an attempt at mihawk xD
TheAutonomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #97
pyrodancer

yeay, a one piece thread!!!!! i love one piece, and i recently got my sister started on it too ^^ i'm doing a tony chopper cosplay for my next convention. got my costume all sewn up, can't wait for AWA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
Locked- I think fabric paint will work. To make the stripes, put masking tape down where you don't want the color to be and paint the rest. When the paint dries, peel up the tape, heat set, and you're good to go.

I recently cosplayed Camie and I had a lot of fun. Since I would like to wear this costume again, I'm thinking I should get a better wig. My original one looked like this, but I'm thinking about getting this one. Some friends have told me I'm fine with what I have, but I would like to get more opinions.

I love your Cammie, looks sooo cute!! ^^ I think the wig you got is fine, would look even better if you can manage to restyle it so that the ends flip outwards
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #98
KaylaPiplup

I love One Piece! I've cosplayed as Jewelry Bonney and my boyfriend as Trafalgar Law ^_^ I've got soo many more plans though! Miss Valentine and Time Skip Nami are on the list, as well as a genderbend of my favorite character Gecko Moria! Seeing fellow One Piece cosplayers always makes me happy ^_^
KaylaPiplup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #99
J-tective
A wizard did it.

Hello fellow OP cosplayers! I've come here seeking some advise. I'm going to be apart of the massive Luffy cosplayers out there so. XD

Shirt/Vest-
I just need help on choosing the appropriate fabric for his shirt. I've searched at Joanns and I haven't found anything that would work. The only two fabrics I found were red ponte knit and gabardine. I don't think gabardine would work. I can't find any other knit fabric that would work that's available at Joanns. Does any one know what fabric would be best and where I can get it? I'm willing to order online to.

Shorts-
I've been wondering about his shorts. Would you consider them basically jean material? I was thinking of just getting a pair of plain jeans and cutting the legs. But I don't want to make them look cheap either. Also, the cuffs. Are they just rolled up or are they just sewn on there? And what kind of texture is it? I was thinking of just getting some kind of furred fabric and sewing it on. If none of this works, I'll just have to make my own.

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by J-tective : 07-08-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
J-tective is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #100
negativedreamer
Dream in the Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-tective View Post
Hello fellow OP cosplayers! I've come here seeking some advise. I'm going to be apart of the massive Luffy cosplayers out there so. XD

Shirt/Vest-
I just need help on choosing the appropriate fabric for his shirt. I've searched at Joanns and I haven't found anything that would work. The only two fabrics I found were red ponte knit and gabardine. I don't think gabardine would work. I can't find any other knit fabric that would work that's available at Joanns. Does any one know what fabric would be best and where I can get it? I'm willing to order online to.

Shorts-
I've been wondering about his shorts. Would you consider them basically jean material? I was thinking of just getting a pair of plain jeans and cutting the legs. But I don't want to make them look cheap either. Also, the cuffs. Are they just rolled up or are they just sewn on there? And what kind of texture is it? I was thinking of just getting some kind of furred fabric and sewing it on. If none of this works, I'll just have to make my own.

Thanks in advance guys!
I would think a Garbardine would be fine for luffi, but if you are not feeling it go for a twill. its got good weight and is easy to work with.

As for the shorts, you could modify an existing pair of jean shorts. Some people interpret it as fur at the bottom, others as a rolled up hem. For the fur, you could sew that on easily enough. if you want to make em from scratch, get something with a little bit of stretch so you can walk and sit in them.

dA: http://negativedreamer.deviantart.com/
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/negativedreamer
negativedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #101
princemercury1
The Nobleman

Ok guys. I'm new to this thread/series and wanted to say YEA for One Piece. XD

Also I'm currently working on Captain Kuro for AWA and wanted to see if anyone else is going to AWA this year.

Oh and also if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about on doing Kuro's cat paws, then feel free to message me. ^^;;;

and

ACE Paradise Gallery
princemercury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #102
pyrodancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemercury1 View Post

Also I'm currently working on Captain Kuro for AWA and wanted to see if anyone else is going to AWA this year.

Oh and also if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about on doing Kuro's cat paws, then feel free to message me. ^^;;;
Hooray for One Piece!
I'll be at AWA as Tony Chopper <3
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #103
princemercury1
The Nobleman

YEA!!! I love Tony Chopper a LOT!!! <3

Now I really have to hurry up and finish my costume. *works faster*

and

ACE Paradise Gallery
princemercury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #104
J-tective
A wizard did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativedreamer View Post
I would think a Garbardine would be fine for luffi, but if you are not feeling it go for a twill. its got good weight and is easy to work with.

As for the shorts, you could modify an existing pair of jean shorts. Some people interpret it as fur at the bottom, others as a rolled up hem. For the fur, you could sew that on easily enough. if you want to make em from scratch, get something with a little bit of stretch so you can walk and sit in them.

I'll definitely look into the gabardine some more and the twill! This will help me. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it! =)
J-tective is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #105
negativedreamer
Dream in the Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemercury1 View Post

I will be at AWA wearing my BUggy the Clown on Sunday. If you or anyone else who is going is interested, check out the AWA One Piece thread here:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=240491

dA: http://negativedreamer.deviantart.com/
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/negativedreamer
negativedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote