Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair > User-Submitted Wig FAQ's and Tutorial Threads

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #31
Chipface
Master Ninja

This tutorial is great. I was wondering how to make a clip on ponytail for a costume I'm doing and this explains it clearly. Thanks for sharing
Chipface is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #32
kitsuneheart

Oh wow! This is such an amazing tutorial! =D This sounds like just the trick for my reshiram wig. ~glaresatwig~ >,< Styling a longer wig into a ponytail (even a low one) is way harder then I thought. ^^' I may just have to get brave and chop off the ends of it to give this a shot.

Would this work with handmade wefts as well? Or no-sew? As I said, I'm thinking about chopping a good chunk off my wig to make ponytails for it. =/
kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #33
mogusq

Thanks so much for posting this! It's really useful.
mogusq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 03:52 AM   #34
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneheart View Post
Oh wow! This is such an amazing tutorial! =D This sounds like just the trick for my reshiram wig. ~glaresatwig~ >,< Styling a longer wig into a ponytail (even a low one) is way harder then I thought. ^^' I may just have to get brave and chop off the ends of it to give this a shot.
Would this work with handmade wefts as well? Or no-sew? As I said, I'm thinking about chopping a good chunk off my wig to make ponytails for it. =/
It would work fine with handmade wefts. As for no-sew wefts, I suppose you could glue them to the felt instead of sewing them, though with glued weft I'm always terrified a huge clump of hair will come out or something. @__@
A word of warning: I tried trimming a long wig shorter so I could use the rest to make a clip-on. Long wigs like the Ivy tend to be thicker than short wigs like the Clover, so it can be very difficult to style them into a shorter style suitable for a clip-on. Depending on the character, you can either get a shorter wig in a matching color and rip the wefts out of the old wig to make a ponytail, or take the long wig into a low ponytail and use a claw clip to hide it beneath a clip-on ponytail. The low-ponytail method best suits characters with enormously thick hair like Yoko and may not work for characters with normal-sized ponytails.
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #35
xoxoPanda-chan

thankies for posting x3
Unread 09-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #36
LadyToast
Cosplayer

Talking

I wanted to thank you SO much for this tutorial!! Because of you I'm finally able to finish my Yin cosplay ^^~~~<3 I'm almost done with the ponytail I just wanted to show you the success of my hard work today (worked on this for 6-7 hours straight) >>>http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../DSC_00081.jpg

Last edited by LadyToast : 09-01-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: forgot the link
LadyToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #37
Lady Marie

Is there a way to make the clip fluffy and bigger?
Lady Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #38
Zoesmash

Hello,

I want to make a dark green ponytail and I'm so thankful for coming across this! I can't wait to give it a go BUT...

I can't find any Dark Green hair wefts so i'm going to have to buy some human hair wefts and dye them the colour I want and then make into a ponytail. How long of a weft do i need? If i google hair wefts, they have inches like 18 inch human hair weft, i always thought that was the length of the but is that the length of the weft? They also seem expensive. Unless I get synthetic and ink dye.

Thanks x
Zoesmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #39
itoshigo
back from the dead

OP, I just wanna say thank you! Thank you so much!
This is going to come very handy for making a clip-on ponytail topper for the Hanji wig I'm gonna be putting together.

- PLANNED CONS:
* Sukoshicon Montgomery (maybe)
* DRAGON*CON 2014, Wed - Tues
* AWA (maybe)
- PLANNED COS (TBD):
* Sasha Braus/Blouse, SnK | * Newt Geiszler R!63, PR
* Alana Bloom, Hannibal NBC |* Delphine Cormier, Orphan Black
itoshigo is offline   Reply With Quote