Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Nenn

Help with Megurine Luka costume (+ shoes!)

Fwa, I need help on how to go about making a Megurine Luka costume. x.x

I was planning on buying the bigger pieces at a thrift store or Good Will, but I don't know how to make the smaller things, such as that intricate... thing on Luka's shirt, as well as her headphones. I looked online to see if I could maybe -buy- her headphones, but they were really expensive. ;-;

By the way, if you don't know what Luka looks like, here's a picture.

Also, I need help with my Female Pokemon Trainer costume.

Her costume is fairly simple. I could get most of this at stores without having to alter it that much... it's just, how will I find her shoes?

Picture *she's the one on the right... obviously*

I don't know how to make anything like that, and I don't know where they'd sell shoes like hers. D;

Please help... x.x
Nenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Luka is a tough one... mostly because of how much she has going on accessory-wise. Two bits of advice ~

1) LAYERS will publish a Vocaloid mook in Japan this month. In it are full patterns and construction tutorials for basic Miku and Luka costumes. If you found a bookstore dealing in overseas books to order you a copy and are a US xs-m (the sizes covered), you would be golden in following that. Even in the case that you required a larger size, the patterns could be sized up through tracing and sizing with transparent pattern paper or carefully handled tissue paper. The construction process would remain the same.

I'm following their patterns to alter the front of my Len costume (adding a hand-sewn snap-on tie) and the instructions are clear as can be. Highly recommended

2) Luka's most difficult pieces involve elaborate accessories and quite a lot of craftiness. You'll have a hard time finding matches for the boots, so you'll probably want to make boot-covers. You'll need to make armwarmers (and the panels that attatch to them). You'll need to make the crazy brass-band-esque decoration at her chest and devise some way to attatch it. You'll need two waist belts. You'll need an armband. And you'll need a headset (easily altered from a tutorial for Miku and the twins). I would go so far as to BEGIN with your accessories. They'll be the most time-consuming as a set and, believe it or not, when finished, will cover the bulk of your completed costume. You don't want to be left figuring out your props and accessories last minute.

None of them (with the exception of the neck piece) are particularly hard to construct. You just need to hunt down materials, useable tutorials and advice for individual pieces as you go. If you make them all yourself, you can learn a lot about costuming just from this one project.

Last edited by kiratsukai : 01-07-2010 at 03:26 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
Nenn

: D

Thank you... I'll check that out.

Now for the Pokemon Trainer shoes... ;-;

Last edited by Nenn : 01-08-2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: I don't like smilies...? D:
Nenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
Erzebet

Get white sneakers and wrap some red fabric around them maybe? (for the trainer)

And blue leg warmers, those are in style right now, so they should be everywhere.
Erzebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
ShayGl0w

How I'm doing it. :P

I'm cosplaying Megurine Luka also, I'm trying to do it as cheap as possible, but it is difficult. I have a friend who is buying the actual outfit itself off of ebay. It's leather and costs around $80, so far we've saved up $50 so we are on the right track.

About the small parts~ I'm going to buy just a simple pair of black boots, and spray paint them gold. Also, I looked up a video on youtube (of course xD) on the headset. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFxKPzAxjd4

This will be my fir-...nvm.. second x_x cosplay. lol. Good luck!!! <33
ShayGl0w is offline   Reply With Quote