Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 08-28-2003, 01:11 AM   #1
vash_humanoid

acne problem EWWW

i hve some kinda bad acne..... im sure make up will hlp with that....

BUT WHAT KIND!!! o and maybe some other makeup tips fer guys goin as girls pls????

Unread 08-28-2003, 02:57 AM   #2
DarkindDreamer

oww.. well i would suggest Max factor.. not the cheapest mack up.. but it's the best covering.. the stick mack up foudation will cover anything up.. just make sure your skin is well cleaned.. but still has natural oils.. or put a light lotion on.. so it won't clog your pores.. and make sure you pat it on with a sponge.. and not rub it.. or your acne will only get worse.. other than the foundation.. you can use whatever for your powders..lips and yadda yadda
Unread 08-28-2003, 03:00 AM   #3
Nine
The busty one!

I use some random foundation I bought at the store, my skin tone, and it worked very well. If you have a lot of acne, it won't do much of a job. It will look like acne, that's just your skin color. Unless you're a professonal make up artist, you won't be able to make it disappear, but just find a foundation in your skin tone.
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 05:10 AM   #4
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Girls get acne too... My daughter uses tinted acne medication as coverup.

As people have said: Use FOUNDATION. (This gives your face a nice even color before contouring it with blushes. And run it down to the neck too - an obvious abrupt change from foundation to natural skin, instead of a thinning out, doesn't look good.)
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
Lady
Sexy vonSexpants

Try to avoid makeup with petroleum or lots of oils in their ingrediants, as they can make the situation worse as you try to conceal. I've found Almay and Cover Girl to be pretty light on the oils*nods*

Also, you may want to try Proactiv. I've been using it for about 9 months so far and it really does work (and is pretty inexpensive considering what you get for the price and how long it lasts). I'm down to maybe one or two very small blemishes that go away within a day or two, and that's if I don't stick to the plan like you're supposed to (I tend to not use their mask as often as I should). And if you don't see any improvements after 2 months, there's a money back guarantee.

I hope this helps!

-Lady, hoping she didn't sound like an advertisement
Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 01:39 PM   #6
Arisugawa Juri

I used Proactiv, and it worked for the first few months but then caused me to break out in blemishes worse than what I had before I began using the solution. I use Differin cream and it works wonderfully. Also, Dermalogica's daily facial scrub is spectacular. I've been using it for a month and have not encountered one blemish since I began to use it.

As for makeup, Neutrogena's Skin Clearing makeup works quite well.
Unread 08-28-2003, 02:02 PM   #7
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Ah, Acne sucks. I got it too >.<' I usually just put on powder to cover it up. It usually works.
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #8
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

When i break out I have lots of ways to tame it.....

--use a facial scrub-preferably for a sensitive skin, even if your skin isnt, if your too harsh on your acne, it can make it work

--I use differin....doesnt make it go away for me, but makes it a lot lest noticable

--Toothpaste....yes i know your all wondering wtf...im not gonna recomend it for everyone, but it helps me....dries up my acne...as well as everywhere else i put it lol so only use it as a last resort, and if you do try it, watch yoru eyes..the vapors kill lol

--I put aloe on my face...it says its good for acne on the bottle, im not sure lol but it does take redness away from my face..again, vapors...ich, and when it dries, it feels like you have a plastic mask on...

--I use a facial toner, closes my pores....and gives a nice refreshign "ahh" for mah face

I hoep that helps in anyway
Unread 08-28-2003, 03:24 PM   #9
BishiJZ

If you want to cover it up, yeah use a good foundation. Don't go and buy cheap $3 a bottle foundation either, it might look ok at first but it wears off in about 30 minutes. I use Clinique and it's one of the best I've found.

If you want to treat your acne, Clinique also has some really strong acne lotion that comes in a tube. Just a little dot of the stuff works wonders.
BishiJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 04:19 PM   #10
yuffieleonheart

o.o i second the toothpaste! XD my mom used to do it when she modeled and i started doing it and it really really works O.O also as weird as this might sound o.x a potato slice over the pimple/acne will take away some of the redness
Unread 08-28-2003, 04:24 PM   #11
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

^^ woot for the toothpasters! X3 i love my toothpasteee
Unread 08-28-2003, 04:55 PM   #12
musica heart
silence in these waters.

if you really just want to get rid of skin problems..the best thing to do is actually go to the dermatologist. Everyones skin type and acne problem is different and one treatment may not work for the other.
I have had experiance with proactive and personally it did not work to well, so just go to the dermatologist and get somthing prescribed for your skin.
musica heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 05:00 PM   #13
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

it is really hard to say what will work because
every person is different. the basics are
to use clearasil since it is medicated and it's
skin-tone colored. wash your face often and apply mild lotion that is oil free.
Unread 08-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #14
engrish

clearasil? the only thing that did was dry the hell out of my skin. But yeah i guess it doesn't hurt to try it once. It's best to use soap and makeup that is "hypoallergenic" or "non-comedogenic". Note: it's almost a guarantee that it will be more expensive. Seeing a dermatologist is like pulling out the heavy artillary b/c they're quite expensive. If you have insurrance you might want to look into it. With insurrance your copayment might be like $20/ visit but that depends on the doctor/ your insurrance. If your insurrance won't cover it then chances are it's too expensive for most people to afford over $100/ visit. Drugs might cost about $5 copay assuming your insurrance covers it. In fact you might not have to go see a dermatologist, b/c a regular doctor can prescribe acne drugs too! Next time you see your doctor for your check up you might want to ask him/ her about it. That's what i did and he prescribed
minocycline pills and clindamycine wipe pads....worked for me

However I think those drugs are by prescription only so if you can't get a doctor to sign off you're SOL.
Unread 08-29-2003, 12:45 AM   #15
DaphHime
Loyal agent of ACROSS

I was just about to ask the same question. I've been breaking out real bad lately. There are some real creative ideas here. I've never heard of useing toothpaste or poatos. Maybe I'll do that if worse comes to worse.

I've tried useing foundation but it doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm just not putting it on right.

I recommend going to a doctor or dermatiogist. They'll probably be your best bet since everyone has a different skin type and what works for one person might not work for another. I've even taken oral (pills) antiboicts, since acne is cause by bacteria, to control acne. Only problem with that was I felt real nauous after words and even threw up a few times after taking them. Espeally if I didn't eat before takeing them.

Future cosplays
-Yue Ying (DW5/WO2)
-Tsukyuo, ninja!cafe Sacchan (Gintama)
-Princess Daisy (Super Maro Bros.)
-Mikuru (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Mia Faye (Phoenix Wright)
Lot's more...>_>

Next con
Youmacon '09

MySpace*LiveJournal

Last edited by DaphHime : 08-29-2003 at 12:50 AM.
DaphHime is offline   Reply With Quote