Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Unread 01-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

I'm glad I don't have time to make anything more for this one so the Single Pattern is out for me. I've got enough on my plate as it is anyway.

Most of my hall costumes are finished now minus the one for the Social, which I haven't worked on at all except to mentally pattern out the costume and the costume for the Historical Masquerade is progressing well as is the Doll Contest entry. Most of th main pieces for my Historical entry are patterned out now except for two of them and my underlayer is also patterned out. Those, in addition to some of the more complex accessories, will be the next things I'm planning to work on. I still have bits to finish on my other undergarments and my slippers but I seem to be still on schedule for getting this costume done.

Last edited by RaDragon76 : 01-30-2010 at 11:42 AM.
RaDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #17
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

If I HAD done single pattern, no doubt Mikhail would have wanted me to make him something with the ladie's tux pattern.

I just bought some of my buckles today for my F&SF entry, but I'm too poor to buy my shoes right now. I'll have to wait and see how I am after Kawa Kon.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #18
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

aww hug!!!!

wich i could start mine hehe
but have to wait after ganime since iam in the artist ally its more important right now
also doing the maskerade there hehe so rushing to finish it all ^^::

i just can.t wait to see you all there
and start too on my costume nya?!!!!

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #19
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Costume Con is my first con for the year so that's probably why I've started already. Well, that and the fact that the costume I'm doing for the Historical is very involved with lots of handwork and embellishment. That takes time, especially when I'm also learning several new techinques with this costume and that requires testing first before actually touching any of the real pieces of the costume. I'm also just inspired to work on costumes since I took a really long break last year that amounted to almost a year.
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #20
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDragon76 View Post
Costume Con is my first con for the year so that's probably why I've started already. Well, that and the fact that the costume I'm doing for the Historical is very involved with lots of handwork and embellishment. That takes time, especially when I'm also learning several new techinques with this costume and that requires testing first before actually touching any of the real pieces of the costume. I'm also just inspired to work on costumes since I took a really long break last year that amounted to almost a year.
New techniques are the best! One of the main reasons I costume is to continue learning new things.

Looking forward to seeing what you're doing.
von Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #21
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

Doll Contest costume is coming along. It's probably at about 60-70% done right now. Just need to decide on the final fabric choice then it's on to embellishing and fabric painting. It's been a lot of fun constructing.

As to Historical I need to stop being lazy and finish up the bits I am actually almost done with. Ah embellishment how fun you are in small detail. Mock-ups should be finished by the end of the week and hopefully, the next time I get paid I'll be able to buy the fabric I need for the actual costume. Let's hope Hancock still has it when I have the money.
khenemetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #22
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Hey! I finished a hall costume!

You can all point and laugh at me for pinstriping my own fabric later. Also, still needs wig and shoes. But. For the most part, Sanji is done.

I needed a break from my SF/F entry to feel like I was actually accomplishing something. That means...one down, three (minimum) to go!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #23
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp View Post

You can all point and laugh at me for pinstriping my own fabric later.
We were planning on that anyway
Unread 02-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #24
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Drago View Post
New techniques are the best! One of the main reasons I costume is to continue learning new things.

Looking forward to seeing what you're doing.
I thought it was high time I expanded my skill set and choosing this costume offered me the perfect opportunity to do so. It's been rather time consuming but in the end it'll have been worth it for the skills I'm learning, which can be used on other costumes in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp
You can all point and laugh at me for pinstriping my own fabric later. Also, still needs wig and shoes. But. For the most part, Sanji is done.
Hey, you do what you have to do for the sake of accuracy. Am I right? Besides that sounds exactly like something you would do anyway.

We've finished two of three new hall costumes though the rest of what we're planning for hall wear are things we already had on hand. I'm not sure if we'll actually wear all of the ones we're planning on bringing but we'll have them if we need them.
Unread 02-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #25
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Hurrhurr Nora. XD Susan's right - where else am I going to get an orange pinstriped dress shirt?

I need to sidetrack and work on a commission, though, and then I can get back to beading and embellishing like mad. MAAAAD!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #26
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp View Post
I need to sidetrack and work on a commission, though, and then I can get back to beading and embellishing like mad. MAAAAD!
I hear you there. I'm embroidering and embellishing like mad. So I guess this means that we're all going to be a little touched in head after we're done.
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #27
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
So I guess this means that we're all going to be a little touched in head after we're done.
You're costumers - you were touched in the head to start with!

(Now I will sink back into the CC28 FFF files from which I rose to briefly comment.)
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #28
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Drago View Post
You're costumers - you were touched in the head to start with!

(Now I will sink back into the CC28 FFF files from which I rose to briefly comment.)
So I guess that means your touched in the head as well, Nora.
Unread 02-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #29
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
So I guess that means your touched in the head as well, Nora.
Well, yes.

If I had any sense whatsoever I wouldn't be "helping" with the Costume-Con site & the CC28 Folio when I have things to do on the ICGallery & maybe some sewing.

As well as all that "life" stuff.

Unread 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #30
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

That's true.

My historical costume is progressing well. I'm almost done embroidering the slippers and I found a plain fan base that's the right color to go with the costume although it still needs something painted on it. I've also started on the only remaining "simple" accessory though I still need some fabric for that as well as the main pieces of the costume now that I'm pretty sure the patterns for those are going to work. I really need to get started on the more complex accessories since I'm not entirely sure how we're going to be constructing two of them at the moment and the other has lots of little fiddly bits that need to be made.