Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Super Sentai

Unread 01-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
HitoryKyo

Need Kamen Rider Help!!! Alert

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME I NEED HELP ON KAMEN RIDER COSPLAY

hay iam sure you get a lot of messages about this but hay ppl I need some help I am a total noob ok I never cosplayed in my whole life and ppl seem so pro doing a kamen rider and stuff first things first I want to be a Kamen Rider lol I want to be Kamen Rider Kabuto or Rising-IXA
but I am having a hard time on how to start I dont need to make a helmet cause Iam planing on buying one lol so well its the armor thats the well -bitch- sorry for the language I have no clue what to do what material do I use how to I size everything how do I make cool details like on the armor is it paper macha to start with to make the armor Ia m sure I have the money but please I need help hopefully u can help a fellow kamen rider fan
HitoryKyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
JonathanNC22
Toku Prop Maker!

Well most of the time the armor from the Kamen Rider Series is 2 Different Kinds... Depending on the scence.

#1 - The Armor is FiberGlass and Resin and then they will sculpt the front half and then the back half and connect the 2 with helmet clasps.. example picture here of course this picture is to show you what it was made of. The Sculpted it out of clay first then molded and casted. It can be casted as one piece or as described front and then half. Either way you will need to leave yourself room to get in and out of it hence the clasps.

#2 - Almost the same as the first step sculpting it out of clay and molding it. Then instead of Fiberglass and resin you will use Foam expanding foam our some sort of pouring foam. Which you then will cover with a fabric type material which the name elludes me at the moment. You will of course for this method need to cut a a line down it in the back and add Velcro or a Zipper of some sorts to get in and out of it.

#3 - You can work out the deisgn of the armor in piece and buy a material called LionBoard which is usually found in Japan but there are some websites that sell the material. Then Piece it together till you get a Blackish Grey Version in which to finallize the detail you will cover it in a fabric material like white or what ever rider your doing and incase I forgot to mention you will be using fabric cement or some kind of adhesive to attach the fabric to the foam.

The Main Key with all this is patience... if you dont have it ..will turn out bad..lol

Hope this helps... I didnt list materials as there are too many that could be used... and different clays you can do and there is no best or I recommend I use too many myself to have one..lol

J
JonathanNC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
HitoryKyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanNC22 View Post
Well most of the time the armor from the Kamen Rider Series is 2 Different Kinds... Depending on the scence.

#1 - The Armor is FiberGlass and Resin and then they will sculpt the front half and then the back half and connect the 2 with helmet clasps.. example picture here of course this picture is to show you what it was made of. The Sculpted it out of clay first then molded and casted. It can be casted as one piece or as described front and then half. Either way you will need to leave yourself room to get in and out of it hence the clasps.

#2 - Almost the same as the first step sculpting it out of clay and molding it. Then instead of Fiberglass and resin you will use Foam expanding foam our some sort of pouring foam. Which you then will cover with a fabric type material which the name elludes me at the moment. You will of course for this method need to cut a a line down it in the back and add Velcro or a Zipper of some sorts to get in and out of it.

#3 - You can work out the deisgn of the armor in piece and buy a material called LionBoard which is usually found in Japan but there are some websites that sell the material. Then Piece it together till you get a Blackish Grey Version in which to finallize the detail you will cover it in a fabric material like white or what ever rider your doing and incase I forgot to mention you will be using fabric cement or some kind of adhesive to attach the fabric to the foam.

The Main Key with all this is patience... if you dont have it ..will turn out bad..lol

Hope this helps... I didnt list materials as there are too many that could be used... and different clays you can do and there is no best or I recommend I use too many myself to have one..lol

J
question how in heck do these ppl scalped the armor out of clay soooo damn godly I dont see thumb prints on there armors man cause I remember playing with clay it leaves finger prints indented in the clay how are they able to do it so good like how do they get the armor looking so smooth looking dang! lol is there a special method to scalping out armor man and do I need a fake body chest to put the clay on wile forming it? and one more question lets say iam done I made my clay armor and then I casted it making a plastic copy of the clay armor do I glue the LionBoard stuff on it or iis that for under it what do I use that for exactly?
HitoryKyo is offline   Reply With Quote