Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Unread 08-30-2003, 11:10 AM   #1
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Question Help with finding "life-sized" Cardcaptor wand...

Hi everyone!

Well, I am going to be cosplaying as Cardcaptor Sakura for the cons next summer, and I am in dire need of finding a life-sized CCS wand! Really either season is fine, technically w/ my costume I should have the second season wand, (the one w/ the star) but either one is fine w/ me. Oh, and by "life-sized" I mean one that's between 2-3 feet...I can't find one anywhere XD And I really don't want to carry around one of those 12" ones since that's not accurate. Ah, well! Thanks a lot if you can help! I really appreciate it ^-^

Jessie >^..^<
Jess-Jess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2003, 06:26 PM   #2
Allia

Did you check on ebay? I'll look around for ya. You could also ask someone to make it for you.

I just saw that on ebay they have a few wands. The star one and also the regular one. I hope this helps.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...or+sakura+wand

Last edited by Allia : 08-30-2003 at 06:28 PM.
Allia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2003, 07:10 PM   #3
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Thanks for your help, but yes, I have been checking on ebay all the time actually ~.~ lol I'm pathetic XD Thank you so much for trying though! I know I am thinking about trying to make it myself, but if I can find a really nice plastic official one, than I'd rather have that. I know that someone told me that there used to be some deluxe set w/ her star wand and some clow cards, a base, and a little key of the clow necklace...Ugh...I hope I can find something like that, if not though, I will have to either make one myself or ask someone else too. Thank you so much, again! ^-^

Jessie
Unread 08-31-2003, 01:12 AM   #4
carly579
Voice of Kiriko Misaki^^

Here's mine from Aszreals Anime
http://www.orangeangel.com/aszrealsanime
Her husband makes them, her store is closed, but I think she takes limited comissions. I think if you offer her enough she'd do it. I love this one it's great and made totally of wood
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wand.jpg (21.4 KB, 22 views)
carly579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2003, 04:21 AM   #5
TsukiNoBara
Poser

I've created my own star wand for when I made my CCS costume. Since I've retired it, I no long need the accessories. My version of the wand is not dead on accurate, but it's somewhat close. If your interested, there's a picture of it in my costumes page and I'll sell it for between $15 and $20 plus S/H. Please PM me if you're interested.
TsukiNoBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2003, 11:32 AM   #6
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Thanks so much guys! carly579, would you be willing to tell me how much you paid for yours w/ shipping and all? Thanks! And I will think about it TsukiNoBara, since that is a great price, and I think that the wand looks great w/ your costume (so kawaii!!!) Thanks again, I did email Aszreal, so we'll see what she says. I have a feeling that it's gonna be really expensive ~.~ I will probably ask to buy yours TsukiNoBara ^-^ I'll get back to you guys! Thanks again, so much!!!

Jessie
Unread 08-31-2003, 11:33 AM   #7
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Oh, and TsukiNoBara, are you selling your costume too, since you no longer use it? Just wondering ^-^ Cuz it's so cute!
Unread 08-31-2003, 12:52 PM   #8
TsukiNoBara
Poser

^ Thanx for considering my offer, I really appreciate it. And thank-you for the compliment. I would be willing to sell my entire costume, but I'm a little reluctant to do so because the quality of the dress is very bad. The satin is very cheap and it can tear easily unless you're very careful. It's not lined and you will not be able to get into it unless you're my measurements or smaller. And overall it just fits strangely. These are the reasons why I retired it. I don't want to take someone's money by selling them a bad product. However, the rest of the accessories are well done and very durable, so I have no problem selling them. But just to warn you, even though you can't tell in the pictures, the circle and the star of the wand aren't completely smooth because of the nature of the materials used. I don't want to discourage you, I just want to let you know exactly what you will be getting. You can think about it and let me know what you decide whenever you have the chance. Thanx again for responding. Best luck in your search. ^_^
Unread 08-31-2003, 03:46 PM   #9
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

If you want a true 3 foot long one that's collapsable and really nice and sturdy I'd recommend this link here:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~magigi/Star-rod.html

The person sells them for 8000 yen (close to 80 bucks u.s. money) And you will need to go through a deputy service such as T Sato or any other person/website who will contact sellers in japan and do transactions for you. I paid about 100 I believe for mine and it's more than worth it. Granted it doesn't turn on, make noise or spin, but the fact that it's exact scale, looks dead on, and photographs well blows peoples minds away!

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2003, 04:02 PM   #10
TsukiNoBara
Poser

^ wow, it's very nice and accurate.
Unread 08-31-2003, 10:51 PM   #11
Lady_Sephiroth
Lady of Avalon

I made my own, if you have aceess to power tools (We only needed a dremel, a table saw, a power drill and some clamps to make the first season one) it's not terribly difficult. It takes time is the big thing, to carve out the head. The star wand I think would be easier to make, especially if you could find the wood shapes pre-cut.

It was a fun project, my dad helped me out with it, so I'll never sell it.

http://www.fansview.com/2002/ohayocon/p1110032.jpg
Lady_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 03:12 AM   #12
TsukiNoBara
Poser

Wow, you made that? It's really good. I wish I had had access to power tools when I made my wand.
Unread 09-01-2003, 06:10 AM   #13
Kira_Yamato
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

You know, if worse comes to worse, you could buy one of the short ones, cut the shaft off, and replace it with a longer one.
Kira_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 09:34 AM   #14
Lady_Sephiroth
Lady of Avalon

Tsuki -- Thanks!

Kira -- You would just have to be careful cutting the plastic, there's a battery and junk in it, IIRC.
Lady_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 10:51 AM   #15
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Wow! Miaka No Baka, that is an awesome wand ^-^ How would I go about getting info. for someone that could buy that for me? Actually, I just found out yesterday that I am probably going to Japan in May, lol, so I might be able to just pick it up there myself

Thanks lady Seph, but unfortunitally I don't have the skills to cut something awesome like that and I don't really have the tool either ~.~ My art school does, but I don't think I'm allowed in their labs, since I'm an illustration major and not a fine arts major... That wand does look awesome!!!

And that's actually a really good idea, Kira! But yeah, it may be risky since I'd have to probably buy one that has all the batteries and wiring in it ~.~ but, if I can't find one in Japan, I may just try that...If I can sut it off at the top, it may not be to complicated to work out ^-^.

Thank you guys so much!!! You're really helping me out w/ my options ^-^ I will think about it over the next couple of weeks, and try and figure out if I really can get to Japan (wich I'm pretty darn sure I can...) since I'd probably have good luck finding a decent sized on there! And the cons I'll be going to would be after I come back from the trip. Ah well, thanks so much again everyone!!!

Jessie