Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
DualityComplex

Best Place To Buy Cosplay Costumes ?

I want to buy from ebay but Im not really sure about doing so. I've heard that a lot of the over seas sellers are really fake and you never get what you wanted or something like that.

Should I trust ebay? Or are there better places to buy good quality cosplay costumes besides cosplay magic and this site.
DualityComplex is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Brave XDG
The King Of Things

Check out a seller's feedback on ebay, that's what the feedback is for, to make sure they are legit.

I've bought a couple cosplays off ebay, and the purchases went well and I got my costumes and they turned out good.

Last edited by Brave XDG : 01-29-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Brave XDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Riiko Izawa

I suggest ebay over anything else to buy costumes.

http://myworld.ebay.com/lotahk/ - I personally purchased my jacket for my Canada cosplay from them, and spent about $95 with shipping and the actual cost. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and fits perfectly, so I definitely suggest them as a possiblity.

http://myworld.ebay.com/cosplaysite/ - I have a friend who bought a costume from there, and again, about $100 together for shipping and cost, and it looks wonderful.

As for other ebay sellers you might be looking at, just make sure to check out their feedback to make sure they are legit and trustworthy.

You could also check out the Commissioner Review Thread and the Merchant Reviews here on cos.com to see how other people stack up.

ASHLEY

Last edited by Riiko Izawa : 01-29-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Riiko Izawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

From personal experience i have bought from a store called cosmates.com- this store has gothic lolita, maid, sailor fukus, and anime/manga/and visual novel cosplay. Its a little expensive but thats okay because the costumes look very proffesional and to the point.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Kimi_Bunny

We have purchased and commissioned many outfits from honestdragon and have been very happy with them. We could not buy the materials and make them here for what we pay. Just make sure you send good pictures if you want custom made and take correct messurements.
http://stores.ebay.com/honestdragonchina?_rdc=1

Lulu - FFX Saturday 4pm

Alcyone - Magic Knights Rayearth Undecided

Morrigan - Darkstalkers Saturday 9pm

Boa Hancock First Appearance Friday 4pm & Wedding Daydream One Piece Saturday 11am

Mortal Kombat Princess Kitana Friday 9pm

"Go Hard or Go Home"
Kimi_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Robin-Sena

I agree that honestdragon is a very good commissioner. I've gotten two costumes from them and they do fantastic work. They work very quickly too, I got my costumes two weeks after I ordered them!
Unread 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
p1ng666
does not liek mudcips

ebay.
it has never let me down, ive brought 2 costumes, including one from honestdragon, a wig as well as numerous dvds and other otaku stuff XD.
but defiantly check the sellers feedback
p1ng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
magicalgirlj
maids rule

I got my shinsengumi outfit at Sakuracosplay 2009. It's good quality and came before my upcoming con
http://stores.ebay.com/SAKURAcosplay2009
dream cosplay-Iris an orginal charachter of mine who is a shinigami maid
magicalgirlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
kiratsukai
culture shocked

I'd recommend poking around the marketplace first. You can get some great discounts there and help out fellow cosplayers in the process.

Ebay is getting heavy on new-items from Chinese factories these days ~ so the quality is hit and miss and the deals aren't always that great. If the price seems too good to be true on a "new" item ~ it probably is. You might be getting most of the "deal" in exchange for extremely cheap or reused materials. Be sure to ask for reviews of sellers before dealing.

ACOS is what most newbies opt for in Japan ~ they have a full line of support items, wigs (prichara) and very reasonable full-sets of liscenced character costumes for currently popular series'. The costumes are all very well-made, if somewhat simple and standard. They don't ship overseas, but anyone living in Japan likely has access to one nearby and will probably be able to help you out with buying one (since ACOS has point cards that give bonuses to people who rack up points, there's actually a non-monetary incentive for us to help people purchase costumes overseas :3).

http://www.animate-costume.jp/anime_list/

If you want to commission, I've been pleasantly surprised by quotes I've gotten dealing with commissioners in the US. I haven't actually gotten a completed costume yet, so I can't speak for quality ~ but check out the review thread here on cosplay.com for examples and feedback. If you can afford it, order-made is almost always better than pre-made... if for fit alone.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 02-05-2010 at 07:13 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #10
andrea66
Banned

I will not buy cosplay costumes by ebay. Because I know xcoser.com is selling many high quality cosplay costumes. You can have a look.
andrea66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Shirayuki~Chan

Why don't you commission?

That way you'll get 100% more quality, for a good price! With ebay sites, it can be a little messy sometimes, and the quality and accuracy is never as good(I have bought from ebay but I've been commissioning lately). Nothings as good as being able to talk to who you're paying, being able to pick out the fabrics, and getting progress pictures.

Cosplays:
Daenerys Targaryen- Game of Thrones
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Tharja- Fire Emblem: Awakening

Shirayuki~Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

....why are we resurrecting a 2 year old thread?

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

I blame the spambot for the necro.

deviantArt account
Celcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #14
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

I ordered mine from cosplay-fu and it's a really nice quality. It ships from Hong Kong but the standard shipping doesn't take more than two weeks. Once I ordered near the Chinese New Year so my delivery was delayed. However, I still got it within three weeks after a week break at their company.

Out of all "offical" cosplay shops, theirs is among the least expensive but great quality.

Right now, there's also a free thing going on for limited time. Selected items are free.

Last edited by pandagilbirds : 11-30-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: d
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #15
VickyAmis
Banned

Actually I am an online Cosplay shop owner. Here are many nice costumes. If you have any interest, please just contact with me and my shop is **BannedForSpam**.com.
VickyAmis is offline   Reply With Quote