Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Hong Kong

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #16
page of wands

What kind of series do you guys see commonly cosplayed around here? I found that many of the characters at the last small con I visited I wasn't too familiar with (except final fantasy and stuff, that's pretty easily recognized!).

What series do you like cosplaying, or are thinking of doing a costume from? I love video games, especially legend of zelda... mostly familiar with older anime i guess since I haven't watched new ones in a while! Oops! Perhaps if any of us had a common interest, we could consider doing something together!
page of wands is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #17
yorune
sup homies

omfg ani-con
None of my HK friends are cosplayer, I had no idea cosplayer gets in for free last so I end up pay 50 buck ffff ;____;

@asuka-suminoe I'm pretty sure a British guy participated in the cosplay contest at Ani-Con last year, I even talked to him~
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #18
asuka-suminoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorune View Post
omfg ani-con
None of my HK friends are cosplayer, I had no idea cosplayer gets in for free last so I end up pay 50 buck ffff ;____;

@asuka-suminoe I'm pretty sure a British guy participated in the cosplay contest at Ani-Con last year, I even talked to him~
Seriously?! I would have cosplayed then instead of buying the ticket T.T
Wow, I'm kinda curious to know why he was there. Would like to talk to him sometime~
asuka-suminoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
yorune
sup homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuka-suminoe View Post
Seriously?! I would have cosplayed then instead of buying the ticket T.T
Wow, I'm kinda curious to know why he was there. Would like to talk to him sometime~
He is a English teacher or something, I think he won the best novice? He was pretty cool rofl
Unread 05-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #20
asuka-suminoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorune View Post
He is a English teacher or something, I think he won the best novice? He was pretty cool rofl
lol He's an English teacher?! Now I really want to see this guy's cosplay
asuka-suminoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #21
keitaaaa

omg, i'm from hk but in melbourne atm D:
i miss hong kong ;____;
keitaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #22
chaltier
下剋上!

I was born in HK but I live in the US now. c: I'm planning to go back this summer though, so I'll be in town for Ani-Com! ♥ Soo excited. Didn't know you could enter for free if you cosplayed! Haha, makes me want to consider going in cosplay now.
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #23
bcmilk

Planning to cosplay next year. Got rejected this year so hopefully I will be able to make a costume~ Planning to go as Dlanor A Knox from Umineko!! I really want to go with someone who's also cosplaying (don't mind any characters)
bcmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #24
pachipachu

Anicom just ended in HK TT^TT.

It's sad because amongst my friends, theres are no cosplayers !!! Even if they are interested in cosplaying they do not cosplay, and it is not fun to be a solo cosplayer.

If there are any cosplayers out there in hong kong please send me a message or something, I would be willing to tag along to cosplay and things.
pachipachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 01:27 AM   #25
Cymy

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Shion View Post
I'm Chinese and I'm in HK right now... all the HK people on Cosplay.com seem to be living in CANADA or the US = = I wanted to try a group cosplay in the AniCon (Summer 2010) in HK, but no luck Does anyone know when the convention starts?
Hi do you know someone in hong kong that could borrow some loly cosplay cloths???
I am going 15th agust to have some fashion photo shooting in hong kong and would like to ask him to make some cosplay photos, please if you know somebody contact me maybe would be a good opportunity so you or the person could ask him have some photo shootings.

thank you
Cymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #26
MinusZero DC
Enserric

I have to say, it took me this long to finally post on the forums *face palms*

To those who're looking to cosplay in HK for 2011, let me know since a few friends of mine always go annually, some cosplaying for fun every now and then depending time and RL issues. Hoping to meet new people to do a possible group (been dying to do one since we're scattered around the world) And I BET i've met a few of you who've cosplayed in HK in the past 4 years without realizing!

If any of you are in London, I will be attending the London Expo in Oct as Gunji from Togainu no Chi -desperately looking for a Kiriwar/the gang- Friend and the rest are doing some Starry Sky (the heroine and Cancer) along with other characters~

Last edited by MinusZero DC : 11-17-2010 at 04:05 PM.
MinusZero DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #27
hongkongchick
Noobie

i am FROM hong kong, but live in the US of A! i have been to a couple of cons there and i gotta say some are pretty hard core!

eventually i would like to cosplay there, but man, if it's in the summer, gosh! i wouldnt go as anything but like sailor moon or something! ^__^
hongkongchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #28
Buunbuun

Hi!

I'm in Hong Kong (first timer >.<) and was wondering if the ACG in october was an anime convention. Is it the same as Ani Com? I just missed the Summer one but would love to see a foreign anime convention. I heard Guangzhou is like a two hour train ride away from HK!

Anyone going to that one? Thanks!
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #29
Shadowminion
A Little Queer

I'm from HK, but currently i'm living in Singapore. T_T

Haven't had the luxury of attending a convention in HK before, but from what i heard from my aunt who works at the cultural centre it was awesome. Hopefully i'll be able to attend one one day!! Does anyone know if there are any cos forums that HK cosplayers frequent? I can't find any~

Going to HK next year to cosplay for a photoshoot, likely. ^.^

Do visit my deviantart for more! But its a bit of a mess right now i'm sorry. v.v
http://alexissacrifar.deviantart.com
Shadowminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #30
bcmilk

Okay, the next conventions (as far as I know) in Hong Kong are:

Rainbow Gala -December 26th
Comic World - February
ACG - August

I went to the CWT today. I really want to cosplay now!!!!
So, does anyone want to meet up one day or one convention day? We could plan to go by a series or we could do individuals~ I'm really pumped up now
bcmilk is offline   Reply With Quote