Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #811
FelinaofL2

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! If you see me (a white knight with a bird on my head) at Sakura Matsuri, feel free to talk! I'm actually going to also be at Anime Boston as well, since I've missed out on a lot of cons.

Wow, Asuka! That's fairly "old-school" by cosplay standards-- it's like finding the very rare Gundam Wing cosplayer.

Oh man, Wings, you raise a good point-- if it gets really warm, too much fabric will kill ya. *regrets making a cloak now*
FelinaofL2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #812
sazumebachi

I'll be attending as Yukina probally from yu yu hakusho for the cherry blossom on the 14th :C wish there was more yyh cosplayers i
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #813
GanymedesOrchid

Hi i'm looking for local costume designers, i'm in Harford County. Please contact me at February392@gmail.com if you know anything nearby, thank you!
-Pixie.
GanymedesOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #814
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Hi everyone! Bringing this thread back to life! I'm from the MD area and while I've not posted in this thread, I lurk around.

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in photoshoot that I'm planning. This event is open to anyone. I need photographers and cosplayers. I've got all the information on my DA page:
http://koi-ishly.deviantart.com/jour...tute-300602890

This event is for renting out (there will be a fee involved) an amazing park I found in Ellicott City. It's a historic building that was used for a variety of purposes, but originally was a Female Institute. If you look on my DA journal you can see images from another link I provided and more info.

Hope some of you would be interested in something like this.
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #815
Aer
rawr

That looks cool! Ellicott City is a great area. I would be interested, but to be honest, I would have troubles justifying spending that much on renting an area for photos right now

If a bunch more people were interested and the cost was low, then I may be in.
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #816
coolsteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-ishly View Post
Hi everyone! Bringing this thread back to life! I'm from the MD area and while I've not posted in this thread, I lurk around.

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in photoshoot that I'm planning. This event is open to anyone. I need photographers and cosplayers. I've got all the information on my DA page:
http://koi-ishly.deviantart.com/jour...tute-300602890

This event is for renting out (there will be a fee involved) an amazing park I found in Ellicott City. It's a historic building that was used for a variety of purposes, but originally was a Female Institute. If you look on my DA journal you can see images from another link I provided and more info.

Hope some of you would be interested in something like this.

You may also want to post this information to the DMV Anime Watchers club, you may get a few more to join . http://www.facebook.com/groups/md.dc.animewatchers/
coolsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #817
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aer View Post
That looks cool! Ellicott City is a great area. I would be interested, but to be honest, I would have troubles justifying spending that much on renting an area for photos right now

If a bunch more people were interested and the cost was low, then I may be in.
I understand that it is a high cost, I posted an estimate if 10 people were involved. I had no idea if anyone would want to do this, so I set an amount that I would be comfortable with paying. Like I said in my journal I am going to try to keep the cost $50 or less. If more people sign up, then the cost will be lower. If you are interested it will do you no harm in giving me your information, by contacting me does not mean you will be obligated to do this. I need to see how many people are interested to keep the cost low. If people can't do it, then I will have to adjust the cost accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsteel View Post
You may also want to post this information to the DMV Anime Watchers club, you may get a few more to join . http://www.facebook.com/groups/md.dc.animewatchers/
Thank you for giving me this link =) One of my photographers is part of a DC anime club, but it may not be this one. The more interest the better.
Edit:
I looked at the fb page. Since it's a closed group I'd feel bad for just posting my info and not really be joining the club due to me being in Balti. based. If you are a member, do you think you could post my link to my journal on wall? I did join the Balti/Maryland group as I'm not close to DC/Virginia, I could see myself doing activities with them as it's close by.

Last edited by koi-ishly : 05-11-2012 at 02:22 PM.
koi-ishly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #818
Silent Chaos
Chase the Morning

This is super off-topic, but I'm in a bind! DX

I'm looking for a ride from anyone who's attending the DC Chili Cook Off tomorrow as either an attendee or fellow volunteer. I volunteered last minute thinking I wouldn't get it, but I did and I'm trying desperately not to let them down. I can pay for the ride, and I even have an all-day parking pass. I'll be staying in Germantown this weekend, so please help if you can! PM me for more details

Thanks!

Last edited by Silent Chaos : 05-11-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Silent Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #819
angelstarr87
Angelstarr Sakura

Here in Gaithersburg, Maryland . If youre near add me on facebook and shoot me a PM *link below*

Otakon
NYCC or AUSA

angelstarr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #820
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

hey i'm in gaithersburg but basically on the border. i'm kind of in laytonsville too. i'm not really the type of person to hang out. i just like knowing there's more cosplayers in MD. so here's my post just in case i haven't posted in this thread yet.
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #821
angelstarr87
Angelstarr Sakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosplayJelly View Post
hey i'm in gaithersburg but basically on the border. i'm kind of in laytonsville too. i'm not really the type of person to hang out. i just like knowing there's more cosplayers in MD. so here's my post just in case i haven't posted in this thread yet.
Im in Gaithersburg as well

Otakon
NYCC or AUSA

Unread 06-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #822
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

Yay for Gathersburgians!
I just made friends with cosplayers in Gaithersburg/DC, and we meet up and do fun stuff like karaoke :3

(Added you, angelstarr, btw )

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
*Sylveon (Pokemon; Gijinka)
MoradoFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #823
sazumebachi

I live 1 mile outside of the inner harbor also 5 mins of fort mchenry which is were i'll have my next cosplay shoot!!! if anyones interested!!
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #824
HomeDepot

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-ishly View Post
I looked at the fb page. Since it's a closed group I'd feel bad for just posting my info and not really be joining the club due to me being in Balti. based. If you are a member, do you think you could post my link to my journal on wall? I did join the Balti/Maryland group as I'm not close to DC/Virginia, I could see myself doing activities with them as it's close by.
Not sure if you're still checking on here, but the DMV anime Watchers are very active in Baltimore. We also have a number of members who post, but don't come out to a lot of events because they live further away. Don't be afraid to join.
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #825
angelstarr87
Angelstarr Sakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoradoFlower View Post
Yay for Gathersburgians!
I just made friends with cosplayers in Gaithersburg/DC, and we meet up and do fun stuff like karaoke :3

(Added you, angelstarr, btw )
omg i need to join yall. lol and you added me on fb. shoot me on message on there and i sent you my number or something. ^w^ finally found cosplayers in Gaithersburg. lol

Otakon
NYCC or AUSA