Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 02-11-2015, 01:39 AM   #1
MichiTenshi

Looking For Lightning Farron FFXIII Gunblade Template

Hi there everyone I know there are many tutorials on this site but i cant seem to find a Template of Lightning Farron's Gunblade, I am getting it commissioned but the crafter needs a rough template of the sword. Could anyone please direct me as to how or where i can get my hands on a template?

Thank you all! (^-^) <3
MichiTenshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
Rinner

Didn't find a template but did find a tutorial. Here's another tutorial that shows the template they used. Here are some WIP photos that can be replicated. Here's some line art you could use for reference.

And here's a whole final fantasy tutorial collection for anyone who stumbles into this thread later.

Not sure if that helps. I'm not sure what a template means to a commissioner. From what I've seen it seems like blowing the picture up to be the size that you want?

All of these are from the first page of googling "lightning farrons gunblade". I'm sure page 2 has more if you care to look.

Last edited by Rinner : 02-11-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Rinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Honestly, I wouldn't commission from this person if they can't make something unless it already has a template online..If they are good at what they do, they should be able to draw it out or get a picture of the actual piece from google and look at it and figure out what to cut. They SHOULD be able to draw it out themselves..If they are taking on projects they obviously can not do, I'd find someone that can.

But that one shown above, the" outline". That's a template basically. This person would print multiple of that, and cut out each piece along with out much extra there will be that gets covered (like extra blade that slides inside the base to make it more stable).
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #4
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't commission from this person if they can't make something unless it already has a template online..If they are good at what they do, they should be able to draw it out or get a picture of the actual piece from google and look at it and figure out what to cut. They SHOULD be able to draw it out themselves..If they are taking on projects they obviously can not do, I'd find someone that can.

But that one shown above, the" outline". That's a template basically. This person would print multiple of that, and cut out each piece along with out much extra there will be that gets covered (like extra blade that slides inside the base to make it more stable).
Yeah...if the commissioner can't make the template on their own, they don't sound very legit. That's like a commissioner asking you to provide the sewing pattern for an outfit: why are they making you do the work, can they not draft/adjust their own pattern?

Benny Gecko: Fallout: New Vegas
Momoko Koigakubo: Ghost Stories (Dub)
Snow White -- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Princess Tiana -- Princess and the Frog
Malory Archer: Archer
Deandra: MPGiS
Kamala Khan: Ms. Marvel
Anna Cornonation Dress: Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen: OFF
Princess Suwa: Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
Sewing blog: http://www.annikakisskisses.blogspot.com