Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Unread 02-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
CharCharx3Anime
TheCharChar x3

World of Warcraft: Lich King

http://www.theburialgrounds.com/Wrat...ides/Wrath.jpg
http://thelegendofkage.com/wp-conten.../lich_king.jpg

I am doing this for a friend, but Dont really know how to start.
This would take alot of time and money I am sure.

What king of material should I use?
Would foam work best for the helmet?
What about the skulls?
I was thinking sculpt them out of clay, amke a mold and find something to make them out of, but what would I use?

I think he has chain mail underneath his armor. is there a fabric that give off the illusion of mail?

The Duchess : Aristocats;; Keith Harkin: Celtic Thunder 'Storm';; Kayley: Quest for Camelot
Jareth The Goblin King : Labyrinth;; Riddler: Holy Musical B@man;; Alexstraza: World of Warcraft
Cyber Kaiko : Vocaloid;; School Girl Kaiko : Vocaloid;; Odette : Swan Princess;; Mayrin : Kuroshitsuji;; Sweet Tooth: HMB;; Sally: Me and My Dick

Deffinate Maybe Want to but not likely
CharCharx3Anime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Moennet
I am female dammit!

you can get some mold n' pour putty to put on the molds if you don't want to make them over and over again and fill the putty mold with something strong (I don't about bondo it is expensive.)
amethyst angel's automail tuts)-v
http://www.youtube.com/user/theproplady#g/search (only about gloves and arm gaurds but I think you'll get the hang of it. ^_^) I think any kind of foam (the sheet kind) would work for the helmet, I haven't used fiberglass on foam but I've heard it makes it stronger (best to test it on a small square first. ^_^) I think you may also be able to make some ice cycles out of a few molds and some milky looking hot glue sticks. My mom says the mail might be easier to form out of fiberglass and emboss over it and use antiquing stuff to make it look the color you want. ^_^
My moms says you could also make the things that might get beat up a bit out of pounded sheet metal.
(risachantag's metal texture tut) -v http://risachantag.deviantart.com/ar...orial-44652823
ir you need more help pm me. ^_^

Marluxia (KH2)
If you can't find me here, I'm on youtube as Bannananaabrigade or on WoW as Shmexxyer or Moennet on Azuremyst.
WARNING: I DO NOT SUB THREADS, I GENERALLY DON'T HAVE THE TIME, IF I AM HELPING YOU WITH SOMETHING PLEASE PM ME.

Last edited by Moennet : 02-27-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Moennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
nyokun
Difficult? I'll do it!

I suggest making the large armor bases out of either a gradually shaped cardboard or (if you want better stability) wonderflex, at which point, all the detailing can be done using paperclay. Seal that all up with a few layers of glue (letting the layers dry between each application), apply gesso and then colour to your liking.

As for the scale armor underneath (not chainmail) you can either apply scales to a long-sleved shirt (preferably a very light knit... like a t-shirt) by sewing them on and having the scales made of cut craft foam or you can even buy scale male from chainmail shops like here http://theringlord.com and that can give you a nice jingle too

You might have to search around a little bit for the right fur for the boots.

Good luck with your project! I look forward to seeing pictures when it's done.

If its Good and Cheap, it wont be Fast
If its Fast and Cheap, it wont be Good
If its Fast and Good it wont be Cheap
nyokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #4
sungmina

I don't have much experience with this level of cosplay but I wanted to say good luck and keep us updated on the progress!
sungmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 05:51 AM   #5
mcshivers

I would love to see this done really really well. Also- (i'm not sure of weapons policies at cons as I have never brought one) they have a Frostmourne replica- not sure if they would let you bring it as it is made of full metal and is heavy (though i don't think sharp)
mcshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
MisterVale

I kinda agree with the one who talked about WonderFlex, the result can be great if you know how to work with it. Go with cardboard if you are low on cash, just dedicate yourself to making it look good. As for the weapon:
http://wowpapercraft.blogspot.com/20...runesword.html
Looks like its pulled from the game. If you could print it out, enlarge it, and find someway to make it durable you could defiantly take it around any con. He also has the helm on there as well, in fact he's trying to design the whole armor set.

Personally that was my idea, to print out the papercraft designs to life size scale.

Little side note: If your friend wants to look more menacing, make them some glowing blue eyes, make a little container in the helm to hold some water and drop some dry ice, to give the same effect as seen in the game ^^ Most likely in the head where that gem is...
MisterVale is offline   Reply With Quote