Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Meep_6

Cosplayers in Montana

Any hardcore cosplyers in Montana? Cause I feel so alone out here like I'm the only one obsessed with cosplaying....so lonly
Meep_6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Mari&Sachiko

Omigosh!
sorry to break it to ya but i no longer live in MT
but i miss it sooooo much.
i live in soggy old washington state now..
montana is amazing! i feel your pain. i'm pretty sure im the only cosplaying teenager in washington XC
Mari&Sachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
OokamiWolfDK

I will be a cosplayer in Montana soon..
I'm going there in August, and (hopefully) staying til June/July next year!
OokamiWolfDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Meep_6

@ookamiwolfdk - awesomely sweet were are you gonna stay?

@mari&sachiko - really ahhh but hey i use to live in washington the rain feels nice also your close to the sakura-con
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
Meep_6

hmmmm i wish i could find a group puh it feels so hopeless
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Akihabara

Wow, where were you when I was in Missoula?!?!? I have lots of relatives who live in the western half of the state, so I do get up there. I was the one who made a post here trying to have a cosplay meet-up at the Missoula public library awhile back, but no one showed up (BOOOOO).

I think that there must be a fair amount of cosplay/anime people in Missoula as the university there has a diverse student body.

I was also thinking that Missoula could host a anime convention in the future. I though about trying to get some co-conspirators together and planning one in the future. I think it would be the first anime con in Montana, maybe.

So, yes next time I am up there I will be cosplaying!

Let's keep this thread going!

“....phenomena associated with outer space creatures commonly referred to as aliens.”
Akihabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
PaperRedemption
Cuz moms are tough

I was once of you very few montana cosplayers, until I moved back home to Texas. I feel your pain.
Unread 02-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
Meep_6

well i only moved to montana 2 years ago and i live near billings in laurel but hell yeah starting a convention in montana would be fricking kick ass my anime club that i started at the laurel high school well we tried to have a mini convention but basically it was all talk so now that i'm in college i'm trying desperetly to start up another anime club set more on cosplay a going to conventions and doing skits ohhh i get so excited when i start thinking about it
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #9
Akihabara

I think that if you just start a club, meet at a Library or such, and keep advertising a club could get off the ground. You just have to be consistent in that the club needs to keep meeting every month or several times a month (every two weeks is another option) even if you have only a few people show up at first. It takes time to grow a anime/manga/cosplay club.
The key is to have organization. Some clubs are more informal and don't have bylaws or elect officers, but most long term clubs do. The key is that the club can surpass the will of the founding members and keep alive long after the original members move on. Just something to think about.

As for a con in Montana I think even though Billings is larger than Missoula; I wounder if since Missoula is only about 3 hours away from Spokane if it could attract people from there also.
If it was publicized well, I would say anywhere from several hundred to maybe around a thousand people could show up, but I would say if it got 500 the first year it would be doing really well. We have to be realistic in that it would be a first year con and it would be in Montana.
If we are serious about this then now is the time to start planning this out and securing a location (cheap or free). I wounder if the university would let us use a facility for the event (2-3 days). I don't know about hotels, but I wonder if we could get some local hotel near wherever the con is to give us a discount for con attendees.
Most cons are planned out a year or more in advance. Still, if you got a club going then it would be easier for us.

Let me know your thoughts.

“....phenomena associated with outer space creatures commonly referred to as aliens.”
Unread 02-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
PaperRedemption
Cuz moms are tough

I know when I was in Bozeman there was good sized Anime Club there at the college. And since Bozeman has a lot of transplants it might be a good idea to get people from there as well.

I've have plans to move back up to Montana, but I'm currently looking into West Yellowstone although I would really like to move back to the Bozeman/Belgrade area.
Unread 02-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
Meep_6

awesome-ness i'm in billing if i hadn't said it already but sweetness i wonder if any of them are on this site as well
  • Friday (littlest sister) :~ Blue Totoro
  • Friday (little brother) :~ White Totoro
Unread 02-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #12
Akihabara

Both Bozeman and Spokane are about the same distance from Missoula, so Missoula could work out in that respect.

We need to give some thought to all this and get a plan going. Dates and location. Usually a hotel is good, or at least a hotel that is across the street from the venue. As in if the con is hosted at say a convention center. I wonder if the university would have something they would let us use. And I do mean we need something free or nearly free this being a first year con and a first year con in Montana ta boot.

Of course the con should be scheduled at a point when the most people will be able to come.

Unread 03-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
Meep_6

well we just had a so called spring break that might be a good time or maybe during the summer near the end when its not as hot cause not many people like to cosplay when its 100 degrees outside and i'm sure we can probably fallow the normal 3 day convention rule friday, saturday, and sunday. as for location we want somewhere with hotels or lodging near it so its convent to people who don't live there
  • Friday (littlest sister) :~ Blue Totoro
  • Friday (little brother) :~ White Totoro
Unread 03-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
Akihabara

Spring break would be OK. Summer cons are also good. You want to catch people when they are not busy. As for the temperature; Texas cons suffer from heat, like A-Kon, but that does not stop people. I would say as long as there is AC in the building and the hotel is not more than across the street it should be fine. Still, it would be good to get a time when the temp it not more than 80 F.

I guess the next step should be to see if the University in Missoula would be receptive to hosting it (for free if possible). Maybe find a contact person and send an e-mail.

Thoughts?

Unread 07-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #15
Zolarp000

Hey, im in montana, but im 14, lol, im not to hardcore, but i wanna cosplay, XD
Zolarp000 is offline   Reply With Quote