Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Unread 02-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
m4r1ssa

Photoshoot Locations?-Dallas

My friend and I are cosplaying Light and L. We are planning to do a photoshoot and we would like to know if anyone has any good locations where they have taken pictures before in the Dallas, Texas area.

I will also be cosplaying Death the Kidd and am looking for locations for him as well.

If you are a photographer in the Dallas area and are interested in taking photos please let me know. ^^ It would also be a plus if you knew how to photoshop. Thanks.

Oh, and L is still waiting on her wig so it might not be until middle of March until we do a photoshoot for us. And if it matters any, this is our first cosplay. and Death the Kidd is my second.

Light Yagami 100% done
Death the Kidd 70% done

Last edited by m4r1ssa : 02-11-2010 at 09:50 PM.
m4r1ssa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

If you don't mind a little drive, the University of Texas at Arlington has a lot of great spots on campus for photos.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
m4r1ssa

Oh really? Could you give me like exact locations on the campus? :3 I wouldn't mind the drive. Or even spot in Houston by KamiKazeCon. We are going there as well~

Light Yagami 100% done
Death the Kidd 70% done
Unread 02-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
TR Rose
Meowing About

The Fort Worth Watergardens make for a really nice backdrop for various types of costumes. I'm with a group of cosplayers who does several shoots there a year. Lots of cool backgrounds plus it's free! ^^
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
m4r1ssa

mmm. Free? We will have to check that area out then.

Now to just find a good photographer.

Light Yagami 100% done
Death the Kidd 70% done
Unread 02-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
Sakura Efreet
Meep...!

Oh, the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine is great for photoshoots! It's a very.... ritzy place, but it's free to wander around (at least, no one bothered me when I last went). I would wait until it's warmer, though, as most of the locations are outside. It's beautiful in the early summer months.

I live in Ohio and I try to catch every con in this state and the surrounding states (when money allows).
I have been cosplaying since the age of 9, and when I'm not cosplaying...
I'm a college student and an Irish dancer. ;]
Sakura Efreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
audrey12345

Does anyone know a place that I could do a photoshoot for my Alyx Vance costume (from Half-Life 2) that might look similar to the atmosphere in the game

Last edited by audrey12345 : 08-01-2011 at 10:26 PM.
audrey12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 12:58 AM   #8
Tamlin
Sheep Cheese!!!!

The Grapevine Botanic gardens are free and allow free photography, there small but there are good places to shoot there. It's right down the road from the Gaylord too.

2014 Con's
A-Kon
San Japan
A-Fest
ANT
Planed Cosplay's
Classic Black Mage Job class-Final Fantisy
Next Year
Zant-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Citan Uzuki- Xenogears
Tamlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
PockyPants
PockyPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Efreet View Post
Oh, the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine is great for photoshoots! It's a very.... ritzy place, but it's free to wander around (at least, no one bothered me when I last went). I would wait until it's warmer, though, as most of the locations are outside. It's beautiful in the early summer months.
I agree, The Gaylord is absolutely beautiful. I've heard they try to charge a lot of money if you try to do photo shoots there, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey12345 View Post
Also, on the topic of locations, does anyone know a place that I could do a photoshoot for my Alyx Vance costume (from Half-Life 2) that might look similar to the atmosphere in the game
I had to google Half-Life since I'd never played it before, but that seems like it could really be almost anywhere. First place that comes to mind is Deep Ellum, just make sure you bring friends along don't go by yourself! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamlin View Post
The Grapevine Botanic gardens are free and allow free photography, there small but there are good places to shoot there.
Don't forget, there are Botanic gardens in Dallas and Fort Worth to! Maybe some other places to, who knows.

Anyone else have good location ideas? This topic has always interested me I love finding interesting places for photo shoots.
Try thinking outside the box, pretty gardens are nice but don't work for every costume.

Know of any old abandoned buildings that could be used for a shoot? Preferably one where I don't have to worry about getting in trouble for trespassing.

I've always thought Main Street in Grapevine would be great for a Full Metal Alchemist shoot. It's been so long since I watched that show I can't remember why now, something to do with trains? XD

Last edited by PockyPants : 07-13-2010 at 01:17 PM.
PockyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 01:42 AM   #10
Enasni

If anyone knows of any good gothic architecture in the area, and/or run down Left 4 Dead or Gotham City type locations, I'd appreciate a heads up!

Upcoming events:
A-Kon * SDCC * QuakeCon * AnimeFest

Upcoming Cosplays:
Akasha - Queen of the Damned
Firehawk Lilith - Borderlands 2
Gravity Suit Samus - Metroid
Enasni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enasni View Post
If anyone knows of any good gothic architecture in the area, and/or run down Left 4 Dead or Gotham City type locations, I'd appreciate a heads up!
There are a lot of corners and side streets in Deep Ellum that give a gritty, punk look that could be pretty cool for the look that you're trying to achieve.

For old school Gothic architecture, you could try The Cathedral at the Arts District: http://www.cathedralguadalupe.org/ They are very sweet about allowing pictures, but recommend that you call ahead of time and ask.

For something more modern, lots of buildings on Main Street will have glass windows, interesting angles, etc. The city itself is a quick drive through so you're bound to run into a good spot.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #12
MissJava
Still broke. D:

In the Galleria mall, there's the staff hallways that are PERFECT for L4D photoshoots. Just ask permission from whoever, or go ahead and go in like we did and explain yourselves politely if anyone asks. They didn't mind when we went in.
MissJava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #13
audrey12345

Anyone have any ideas for locations that might be good for an Eureka Seven photoshoot?
audrey12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #14
audrey12345

There's also some really pretty spots at the Hilton Anatole. I don't know how they deal with people taking pictures in costume though.
Unread 08-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #15
hemjesti

i'm available!

I know this is an old post but i'd be HAPPY to take any COSPLAY pic's for anyone who might need them. If ya want to contact me, i can share a portfolio with ya. I'd do it for practically nothing and am local here in Dallas. Just let me know okay? You can find me on FB if ya search for Cool Clicks Photography. Okay?
hemjesti is offline   Reply With Quote