Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photography Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #61
Elemental
I do that photo thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King View Post
me too, and not just a few pictures from the shoot, but the entire photoshoot mann..
Yeah. I always think that's a bit extreme. ^_^
Elemental is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #62
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
Yeah. I always think that's a bit extreme. ^_^
Would you think the final-say would be up to the photographer or the cosplayer to remove an entire photoshoot?

If they're friends of mine, i usually like to respect their wishes, even if the photoshoot was nicely done, with a great location/background. But most of the time, if they want the entire shoot removed, I'll do it.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #63
Elemental
I do that photo thing...

Quote:
Would you think the final-say would be up to the photographer or the cosplayer to remove an entire photoshoot?

If they're friends of mine, i usually like to respect their wishes, even if the photoshoot was nicely done, with a great location/background. But most of the time, if they want the entire shoot removed, I'll do it.
You know, I'm not sure? The play-nice part of me would want to respect the request, the photographer (I hesitate to say artist) hates the idea of not being able to show off something I know is good.

It'd probably compramise, and only keep a few personal favourites in a portfolio, unless the request had something serious behind it (like the model needed to remove her online presence for safety, or because they'd gotten a contract with an agency with exclusive rights, or something similar.)
Elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #64
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Well, I do have a question. In my neck of the woods, I'm known as the box gundam guy, and through each convention, I do my best to mix it up a bit, so that each costume is unique, and not just a mishmosh of boxes. But lately, I've been finding myself with, simply put, a lack of poses. Any suggestions of how I can mix those up as well, so that people that may want to take my picture, won't get bored with the same stuff year after year?
striker0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #65
maulrat
cabusi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterwish View Post
I've been asked by friends to take shoots down and I've done that for them.
Furthest I've gotten was being asked to remove a single photo. It hurts but don't fret. I'm sure you'll take thousands more XD

btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EBK!!!
maulrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #66
winterwish
Explosive Photographer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maulrat View Post
Furthest I've gotten was being asked to remove a single photo. It hurts but don't fret. I'm sure you'll take thousands more XD
honestly I don't really care because I am an artist. Okay.. it does matter... but it doesn't matter matter LOL.

It's not the sum of my past works, but it's rather being able to having the ability to create in the future that matters to me.

BUT if you go after my favorite shots on the front page, the answer is.
NO.

Winter Wish/Cosplay Photography:
http://winterwish.net

Upcoming Cons: Fanime, Anime Expo, Yaoicon
Willing to do shoots around the SF area via PM.
winterwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #67
brucer007
Bruce Heinsius

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker0 View Post
Well, I do have a question...I do my best to mix it up a bit, so that each costume is unique, and not just a mishmosh of boxes. But lately, I've been finding myself with, simply put, a lack of poses. Any suggestions of how I can mix those up as well, so that people that may want to take my picture, won't get bored with the same stuff year after year?
One good way to know poses for photo shoots, is to do your homework and learn poses that are typical of your character. You should be able to find these poses from the movie or drawings your cosplay is from. There should be still images available on the internet, if you Google your character and click on Images, or go to websites related to that character.

You can also borrow poses from other sources or characters. Some poses may be generic enough to suit your needs. Gundam robots often stand in martial arts, or combat poses. Look at other cosplayer's photos. Try self defense books or magazines and/or websites. Put together a collection of images to keep with you to help you remember, and to make it easier for you to immitate them more accurately during photo shoots.

You don't have to re-invent the wheel. Use what has already worked well.
brucer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #68
TenshiUyoku
Cosplay Detail Nazi

Odd question, but if photographers (I'm a cosplayer, not a photographer) see a group of people who aren't from the same series do you just do single shots of each cosplayer or will you still do group shots even though it looks a little off? If this has already been asked in this thread, my apologies since I haven't had time to read through from page one.

They will see… we’ll fight until eternity…
Come with me, we’ll stand and fight
Together.
Through our strength we’ll make a better day tomorrow
We shall never surrender

Sakuracon '11~ Sniper Wolf- MGS(0% Completed)
TenshiUyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #69
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenshiUyoku View Post
Odd question, but if photographers (I'm a cosplayer, not a photographer) see a group of people who aren't from the same series do you just do single shots of each cosplayer or will you still do group shots even though it looks a little off?
I take group pictures of friends, even if they're from various series. Usually I would break them off into their individual-series for pair (or more) pictures, then solo pictures, and the last pic(s) would be group shots of everyone. They're walking around a con/gathering together, so it's fun for them to see a buddy-picture of everyone, no matter if the series were different.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #70
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
I take group pictures of friends, even if they're from various series. Usually I would break them off into their individual-series for pair (or more) pictures, then solo pictures, and the last pic(s) would be group shots of everyone. They're walking around a con/gathering together, so it's fun for them to see a buddy-picture of everyone, no matter if the series were different.
Which makes for Awesome Photos.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #71
Surfsama
Noob with a Nikon

Quote:
Odd question, but if photographers (I'm a cosplayer, not a photographer) see a group of people who aren't from the same series do you just do single shots of each cosplayer or will you still do group shots even though it looks a little off? If this has already been asked in this thread, my apologies since I haven't had time to read through from page one.
I'll take single and paired shots of the same series and then a group/friends shot regardless of the mismatch. Seems to work-out pretty well.

Last edited by Surfsama : 03-16-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Surfsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #72
Syagria
Imperatrix of Star + Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
Which makes for Awesome Photos.
Agreed! You can get some hilarious crossovers sometimes.

Current Project: Star Trek Original Series Uniform!
Next Project: Original Creation for AB13
Most Recent Con: Nauticon 2012
Next Cons: PAX East, Anime Boston 2013
Syagria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #73
maulrat
cabusi

Quote:
I have no problem letting everyone know that I am very un-animeducated. However, I really like to keep my photos to same series.d The crossover thing is kinda ok but I only do it for fun. I'm really not into the doubles thing; example 2 or more cosplayers cosing the same character in the same photo.
maulrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #74
wiche603

I've had this question for awhile:
Do you like it when a cosplayer approaches you for a photo or do you like to approach the cosplayer?
I can't remember if it's been asked or not. Sorry if someone asked before.
wiche603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #75
tfcreate
Behind the lens since 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiche603 View Post
I've had this question for awhile:
Do you like it when a cosplayer approaches you for a photo or do you like to approach the cosplayer?
I can't remember if it's been asked or not. Sorry if someone asked before.
Fully half of the photos I take are at the request of the cosplayer. I have no problems either way.

TFC

Rules for life: Rule #7
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are.
Anime Midwest Anime Chicago Chicago Comicon
Anime Iowa
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote