Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 09-01-2003, 08:36 PM   #1
LadyGackt

Which was your favorite costume?

Hehe I liked the original Chii a lot...hers was sooo awesome...it wasnt like all the other Chiis
I also liked Bowser XD

oh oh and i liked this heero yuy....he looked EXACTLY like Heero!!! i was so happy! but i didnt get to hug him, it was too crowded to get to him =(

Last edited by LadyGackt : 09-01-2003 at 08:38 PM.
LadyGackt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2003, 08:48 PM   #2
Sciguy
Agent R

Bowser is CyanKirby, a member here ^.^

There was one nice black woman dressed as Kamiya Kaoru from Kenshin that I liked. We had a nice "Mother-Son" conversation, lol. I really liked the spin she threw on that costume.
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
neoangelwink
waiting

aerith from hk very cozy easy to wear. also dizzy very easy to get round in.
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
Tora
Agent IY

I got a kick out of the 4 girls dressed as DBZ characters. It was simple but cute!

Also I saw a few great J-rock costumes, and there was an Angel Sanctuary cosplayer there who did a great job with her wings (and after talking to her I found out they were her second attempt after an even better pair had been ruined >_<)

and Cyan Kirby did do a kickass job with Bowser!

AoC.com

M*Y*V
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 10:31 PM   #5
hikura
Flyboy

I have props to a few wonderful costumes i saw.
Koumouri period costume was stunning.She had it on saturday.Even the wig looked abosutely perfect.
I saw these two monster costumes on saturday and were stunning.(i knwo these were two different costumes but i put them in one slot lol)
Third was a sumonono cosplayer.First time i have seen a cosplayer like her.She had a wonderful costume.
The last was a Resident evil cosplayer.He was dressed in a complete stars outfit that was incredibley accurate.I believe he was barry.
Unread 09-01-2003, 10:37 PM   #6
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Neoangelwink+Rinoa costume=happy me

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 10:41 PM   #7
blackmadonna

The Bowser costume was awesome!

I would also like to congradulate my fellow JRockers.. epecially CyberWolf who did a great Le Ciel Gackt :D :D The chick who did the Silver Ash was awesome as well.. as was the other one who did Yu~Ki.. so good :D
blackmadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 11:37 PM   #8
HeeroJF
Author & Cosplayer, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGackt
oh oh and i liked this heero yuy....he looked EXACTLY like Heero!!! i was so happy! but i didnt get to hug him, it was too crowded to get to him =(
I was one of the Heeros there. If it was me you wanted to hug, well I'll catch up with you at the next con!
HeeroJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2003, 11:55 PM   #9
cyankirby
I'm coming for you...

He he, I was the Bowser! Thanks everyone!

I saw 2 well done Subarus (from .hack//SIGN) and three awesome Kingdom Hearts cosplayers (I know at least one person is from cosplay.com but I don't know who it is... )

And of course the other Smash Bros. costumes I saw around the con center were awesome as well!!!!!
Fubar (Suikoden III) - Finished
Warcraft costume TBA - In Progress
Serina (Magna Carta) - In Progress
Oki (Wolf form) (Okami) - In Progress
Dryad/centaur (World of Warcraft) - Finished

Last edited by cyankirby : 09-05-2003 at 12:58 AM.
cyankirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 12:24 AM   #10
Nintendotaku
Sentient Bioform

I was amazed at how well my brother and sister's costumes came out. I'm sure some of you saw them, they were the little Utena and Miki.

Also really awesome, I saw both a Locke and a Celes this time! Hooray for Final Fantasy VI!

I'm not going to list every costume that rocked my socks off because i'd be here forever, but I'm just gonna make one more comment and that is on the other people in my skit... the female Link, the two Shieks and Ganondorf all had extremely well-made costumes.

But then again all the freaking costumes were awesome!
Nintendotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 08:10 AM   #11
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikura
I have props to a few wonderful costumes i saw.
Koumouri period costume was stunning.She had it on saturday.Even the wig looked abosutely perfect.
I saw these two monster costumes on saturday and were stunning.(i knwo these were two different costumes but i put them in one slot lol)
Thanks! That was Jibrille from Angel Sanctuary, though, not a period costume.

The foam-suit guys were from Kaiju Big Battel. I love them.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 09:40 AM   #12
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

I ran into a Professor Tomoe (he won my "know who I'm cosplaying as and win candy!" game!) which I thought was pretty darn spiffy since he's one crazy guy. also ran into a Celine from Star Ocean 2 in the manga room - too bad I didn't wear my Precis costume! I gave her a hug cause yeah. star ocean forever!
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 10:33 AM   #13
aeva
H. Potter Connoisseur

Quote:
I would also like to congradulate my fellow JRockers.. epecially CyberWolf who did a great Le Ciel Gackt The chick who did the Silver Ash was awesome as well.. as was the other one who did Yu~Ki.. so good
I agree!! Your costumes were so very awesome. ;-; I'm still so bugged out about having to abandon you guys last minute! ::snuggles:: Your costumes were all so amazing.... and Miss Bethany had WAY too much chocolate. XD
aeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 10:50 AM   #14
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyankirby
He he, I was the Bowser! Thanks everyone!

I saw 2 well done Subarus (from .hack//SIGN) and three awesome Kingdom Hearts cosplayers (I know at least one person is from cosplay.com but I don't know who it is... )

AAnd of course the other Smash Bros. costumes I saw around teh con center were awesome as well!!!!!

If it was a Leon or Aerith than it was me and N.A.W....her friend was running around as KH Yuffie too.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 01:32 PM   #15
neoangelwink
waiting

^_^ there was really good old school squall. very cute leon, love hack.dot, ^_^ there many very cute chowbit too. there many great out there. i just can spell many of the names
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote