Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 02-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Otaku_hito

Link costume help!!!

Okay, i want to cosplay as Link from The Legend of Zelda, but im seeing different variations of his costume....

Should i make it so that its white or pale green under his green tunic and his tight-like pants white???? Tanish????? Greenish???

Is there any ONE version that is more accurate than the others????

SO CONFUSED!!!!

Would this be a good version to do??

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4oai2QUlbU...00-h/link3.jpg

2010 Cosplays:
Alice (Pandora Hearts)
Italy (APH)
Grell (Black Butler)
Ukraine (APH)
Blair (Soul Eater)

Last edited by Otaku_hito : 02-16-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Otaku_hito is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

You can do any of the versions there is not one that is more accurate than another they are just from different games. The one you have pictured is from Ocarina of Time one of the many versions of Link throughout the years. It's really up to you.

but any questions regarding Legend of Zelda costumes should go in the existing thread called Legend of Zelda cosplay. There are plenty of people there to help out.

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
Crazyguylink
Crazyguylink

Help Offered

I have to agree with force on this one. It seems that in every Zelda arc to come out, the costume changes slightly. White might be the most common in the franchise, but if you consider twilight princess, there are several changes to the outfit. The undershirt changed from white to tan as did the pants. they also included armored mail under his tunic as well as darkened the color from field to forest green. In the end, I can only offer the advice i used when I cosplayed as him. Use what's available to make the costume as accurate to the most recent arc. If you prefer to go with white, that is familiar,there will be plenty of people who know the costume is right... but the new-gen players will be more knowledgeable to the tan and armored hero we have come to know and love... also take into account in the 80's there was a series Saturday morning where the hair was brown and the shield was larger.

This is a costume with variously altered details so there is no real design that has been set in stone. My opinion is that it's best to mix, match and have fun. Just find the look that works with you and you'll be fine. Link is Link, no matter which version you go with. Good luck with the project and knock them dead. If you want more detailed advice, send me a PM.
Crazyguylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
LadiesMan217

I would do the Ocarina of Time Link you have pictured in your reference. It is a simple costume and possibly the most iconic/ recognizable. His leggings are white and the tunic is more of a bright green (whereas the Twilight Princess version is a darker green).
LadiesMan217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
47thDivision

I suppose it all depends, what was the first Zelda game you played? Even then you have the diffrent tunics. Try the Twilight Princess version if you have time to add add detail and chalange yourself, the other versions are sweet dont get me wrong, the just seem a bit, well... plain thats all. Also make it YOUR costume, add your touch and make it one that you will remeber as your own. I suppose ive talked long enough here, have fun, and tell me how it turns out for ya.
47thDivision is offline   Reply With Quote