Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 09-02-2003, 09:37 PM   #1
Sparks Padfoot
I am otaku..how bout you?

Lightbulb Final Fantasy Costumes

So, I come in here and no one has anything posted on costumes. So I guess that I will start the conversation. Fall of 2003 I was garnet till alexandros and my best friend moonie went as zidane tribal. I have some pretty good advice on how to make impssibe costumes if you need help. privit message me or leave your mark on the thread and i'll try to get back to you asap.

Unread 09-03-2003, 06:53 PM   #2
Dagger
Oooh, soft.

Hi! *waves*

I was Garnet too to Connecticon this year. The other FF character I'm planning on being is Aeris. Won't be for awhile though.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #3
Catpaw
Beyond the Viewing Window

I'm really badly gonna plan to be Bahumut (FF9) with movable wings! Uh... Freija is also planned. I have lots of other costumes... uh yea...
Catpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2003, 10:32 PM   #4
xrj
Sword Saint

uhh..i was baralai from FFX-2 at AX2003 and plan to wear it at AnimeReactor 2003, ACen 2k4 and possibly at AX2004 as well.

funny thing is that the people who were lookin to take pics w/ any FFX-2 character they saw PASSED me by like 10 times and still didn't want to take a picture w/ me. i had to ask for like every picture. the only ones who recognized me instantly were the gambler yuna and paine (great costumes btw).

i think the yevon symbols plastered all over my costumes gave it away that i was from FFX at least...c'mon give me at least that much credit. heh.
xrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2003, 11:29 PM   #5
R1KKu_77
RaWWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrj
uhh..i was baralai from FFX-2 at AX2003 and plan to wear it at AnimeReactor 2003, ACen 2k4 and possibly at AX2004 as well.

funny thing is that the people who were lookin to take pics w/ any FFX-2 character they saw PASSED me by like 10 times and still didn't want to take a picture w/ me. i had to ask for like every picture. the only ones who recognized me instantly were the gambler yuna and paine (great costumes btw).

i think the yevon symbols plastered all over my costumes gave it away that i was from FFX at least...c'mon give me at least that much credit. heh.

Wooo! I wanna get some pix with you at Anime Reactor! I saw pictures of your costume and you did a really nice job.

Btw, Ill be Thief,Popstar, and Animal Trainer Rikku all 3 days. Look for me k? XD
R1KKu_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2003, 07:52 AM   #6
pixiekitty
Hamster Queen

Oh I remember the really amazing bahamat at Otakon this year. I got a picture of her with my friends dressed as Auron and Rikku ^^ Oh and Garnet's costume is so adorable, great job you guys!!

pixiekitty.net
pixiekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2003, 10:31 AM   #7
hoshikage
Zettai Cosplay Mokshiroku

I've made Freya and Garnet in princess dress from FF9, and a White Mage from FFTactics. And there will be more. Oh yes, there will be more...
hoshikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2003, 11:41 AM   #8
pixiekitty
Hamster Queen

Oh you're the amazing Freya i've seen around! GREAT JOB!

pixiekitty.net
Unread 09-04-2003, 07:22 PM   #9
Catpaw
Beyond the Viewing Window

Actually, I've done Vin, VERY GHETTO... ($50 budget, in a rush for halloween...)
Catpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2003, 04:40 PM   #10
Sparks Padfoot

Wow. lots of people like to talk about final fantasy.
Hoshikage, by chance did you go to the animeiowa and actually wore the princess garnet dress. did you?
Unread 09-06-2003, 04:45 PM   #11
Sparks Padfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger
Hi! *waves*

I was Garnet too to Connecticon this year. The other FF character I'm planning on being is Aeris. Won't be for awhile though.
Mee again, I hear that you are wanting to do an aris costume. Moonies little sister did an aris costume and it looked asome. it was all handmade and it looked cool. She had this kind of sheet material cloth for the dress and the same for the jaket wich was really little. I advise you to make sure that you go two panles on the back and not just one. Just go panel by panel. If you don't, you won't be able to get it on.
Unread 09-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #12
Dagger
Oooh, soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks Padfoot
Mee again, I hear that you are wanting to do an aris costume. Moonies little sister did an aris costume and it looked asome. it was all handmade and it looked cool. She had this kind of sheet material cloth for the dress and the same for the jaket wich was really little. I advise you to make sure that you go two panles on the back and not just one. Just go panel by panel. If you don't, you won't be able to get it on.
Thanks for the advice! I've been looking for a pattern, I can't seem to find one. I'll probably have to do a regular tank dress and then just cut the front. What do you mean by panels though? I don't quite understand. >_<
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2003, 09:51 PM   #13
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

There was a Bahamut at Otakon? Oh, I wish I would've seen it! That must've looked so awesome!
Unread 09-07-2003, 10:34 AM   #14
pixiekitty
Hamster Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demri
There was a Bahamut at Otakon? Oh, I wish I would've seen it! That must've looked so awesome!
Yeah ^^ She was awesome. My friends were dressed as FFX characters, so they got a pic with her. I have a pic in my gallery if you haven't seen any.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=8302

pixiekitty.net
Unread 09-07-2003, 11:56 AM   #15
yuffieleonheart

^_^ i've done a yuna, gunner yuna, and yuffie costume i'm working on squall and leon and regular ff7 yuffs right now :D omg that buhumut was SO kewl ^^ her name on the forums is cyankirby ^_^