Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 03-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #31
Kinlyu
Cup+Spoon=Tea

Loool, I showed my sister that catsuit on ebay and she was like 'Coooool! It's not even expensive!' So yeah, I guess we'll do a Selty/Shinra couple, I just don't know when. Maybe in august since the weapon rules are less strict at Abunai. I'm gonna need help making that scythe ^^;

btw, I'm not sure if it's Selty or Celty or whatever, but I read some comments from frostii subs that mentioned the S-shape on her helmet, so that's why I'm going for Selty too XD
Kinlyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #32
Kurimunsen
"IT'S PERFECTO~!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBlueSinger View Post
My friend and I are planning on cosplaying Izaya and Shizuo sometime in the future. I myself haven't gotten too far in the series... So...

Could someone please point me in the direction of some good referance pictures for Shizuo?

Please, and thank you~
Phwee, what about http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/u...21_8320013.jpg or the ending of Durarara!! You can do here since YouTube likes taking these type of stuff down. http://www.gogoanime.com/durarara-episode-1
Certy Sturluson (Durarara!!) - 0%
Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!) - 0%
Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!) - 0%
Kurimunsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #33
DarkBlueSinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurimunsen View Post
Phwee, what about http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/u...21_8320013.jpg or the ending of Durarara!! You can do here since YouTube likes taking these type of stuff down. http://www.gogoanime.com/durarara-episode-1
THANK YOU SO MUCH

*runs off to watch*

I'm going to later today make a trip to a thrift store to see if I can find anything
Liechtenstein - Axis Powers Hetalia (100% done(borrowed))
Hayato Gokudera - Kateikyoshi Hitman Reborn (100% done)
Grell Sutcliffe- KuroShitsuji (5% done)
Ciel Phantomhive(Ballgown) - KuroShitsuji (0% done)
Ciel Phantomhive(Green outfit) - KuroShitsuji (0% done)
Alois Trancy - KuroShitsuji (0% done)
DarkBlueSinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #34
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

@ Kinlyu

Uhh...which catsuit are you going for? I've learned some info about the ebay one, which made me opt out of getting it for my own cosplay. I can totally understand, though, if price and shipping are a big deal (riversedge can get expensive as balls if you live outside the US) But yeah, pm me or something.

IN OTHER NEWS! I've just finished my helmet! I love it so effing much. So now I'm finished with my Celty/Selty. I won't be showing any pics until A-Kon, though, when we can get good photographers. (Nothing says amateur like myspace-angled bathroom cosplay photos, lol.)

I even have her phone.

The only thing I need now is the scythe, which I'm sure I can finish by the end of next week.

That, and I have to make my Shinra his coat. *sigh*

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars

Last edited by Flora88 : 03-17-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #35
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

OH, and what do you guys think of a Masquerade!Selty cosplay or a Socialite!Selty cosplay?
I love interesting adaptations of characters, so...

Plan for the "Socialite" version:
Selty: Little Black Dress, opera-length black satin gloves, opera-length pearls, a cocktail ring, black pumps (with biker-inspired hardware) and a cigarette holder. Oh, and the helmet.
Basically, I want it to look like Shinra and Selty went to a swanky party.
Shinra: White blazer, white dress shirt, black bowtie, black dress pants, black dress shoes. I also plan to make cufflinks with the medical doctor emblem on them.

Plan for the "Masquerade!" version:
Selty: Black poofy dress. Kinga Gothic-ballroom-style. This time with a black crystal choker and a corsage made of black silk flowers.
Shinra: White sportcoat (longer than normal, reminiscent of a labcoat) with a black flower in the lapel. Black pants, black bowtie, black dress shoes, black mask (on stick.)

Good idea? Or horrible? :/

Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Various rockstars
Unread 03-19-2010, 04:44 AM   #36
Kinlyu
Cup+Spoon=Tea

Masquerade versions! <3 I like huge dresses and fancy costumes for men If you want to do any alternate versions, I think you just have to do it XD Who knows what kind of things would appear in a DRRR artbook if there ever came one :3

And for the catsuit, I'll PM you~
Unread 03-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #37
tsukeru

Does anyone know where I can pick up a blazer/pant set for under $40 either online or in a store that is in the picture below?

http://tinypic.com/r/301zudf/5
tsukeru is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #38
DarkBlueSinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeru View Post
Does anyone know where I can pick up a blazer/pant set for under $40 either online or in a store that is in the picture below?

http://tinypic.com/r/301zudf/5
Try your local thrift store. I'm sure that I've seen quite a few sets like that at the local Out of the Closet, although it may be a regional thing that they are popular in California...

Berlington Coat Factory is epically awesome, though on the expensive side sometimes. They might have what you are looking for in the clearance sections.

Failing all that, here is an example of something they sell at dress barn. I believe it could easily be modified into what you are looking for.

I hope this helps. ^^
Liechtenstein - Axis Powers Hetalia (100% done(borrowed))
Hayato Gokudera - Kateikyoshi Hitman Reborn (100% done)
Grell Sutcliffe- KuroShitsuji (5% done)
Ciel Phantomhive(Ballgown) - KuroShitsuji (0% done)
Ciel Phantomhive(Green outfit) - KuroShitsuji (0% done)
Alois Trancy - KuroShitsuji (0% done)
DarkBlueSinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #39
Kurimunsen
"IT'S PERFECTO~!!!"

Hm, I can hold back on cosplaying Selty, but just out of curiousity, do you guys have any ideas how I could get the body suit/cat suit she wears? Ive seen great ones on eBay but they just HAVE to have the word 'sexy' in the title which my parents wouldn't get, pht. It'd be quite odd to find one at a thrift store, haha. L'see....oh! And about Izaya's fur coat....I have references pictures, yet I have no idea where to start. .____. help me get unstuck?
Unread 03-23-2010, 04:40 AM   #40
Kinlyu
Cup+Spoon=Tea

@Kurimunsen: I've been looking for one too, and as Flora hints, the cheap and shiney ebay stuff may be a bit crappy. So now I'm looking at these dancewear unitards, because they should guarantee a bit of comfort and durability. The price may depend on where you live (I'm European, so the shipping from some US webstores is often higher than the product itself).

As for Izaya's coat... I'd make it myself, so the hardest part may be to find nice fur XD I have no recommendations for buying one though ^^;
Unread 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #41
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

@kurimunsen
Eh...the cheaper options will almost ALWAYS have the word "sexy" attached to them in some way. And the ones that don't will usually have something like "lycra," "vinyl" or "latex" (rubber--not recommended! If that shit rips, there's no fixing it!) which are, sadly, pretty much known as the sluttier fabrics of the world since they're usually found on dominatrix-y outfits. And, let's be honest; Selty's outfit is kind of dominatrix-y.
If your worry is your parents' reactions to the word "sexy," I'd definitely recommend going for the liquid leather unitard from Riversedge Dancewear, listed link in one of my previous posts (I believe it's on the previous page by now.) It's "dancewear" so it's more likely to be thought of as respectable.
Sadly, it is probably going to run you, like, at least sixty bucks for that particular unitard.

If you like the shinier look, do try the black metallic mock-neck unitard, which will give you almost a "wet" sort of look without the dominatrix-ness of vinyl or latex. I prefer a matte look nowadays, but that's just me.

OH!
And if you're ordering from River's Edge, order the next size up so the unitard will cling to your curves correctly.

And if you find another option, perhaps on eBay or something, DO MAKE SURE that it doesn't have a CROTCH ZIPPER! (They all do, for some reason.) The zipper should not extend much farther than your bellybutton.

Various rockstars

Last edited by Flora88 : 03-23-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Unread 03-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #42
Kurimunsen
"IT'S PERFECTO~!!!"

@ Kinlyu & Flora88 Thank you guys so much. 'w'
As for Izaya's coat ... where in the world would I just buy ... fur? And he does wear dress pants, right?
Unread 03-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #43
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Glad to be of help!
*high-fives Kinlyu*

But yeah. Izaya.
Your problem probably isn't finding faux fur, but finding faux fur that's A) the right color and B) the right length. Unfortunately, there isn't much long faux fur in the world. Most of it tends to be of the shorter, more plush variety.
But here are a few options!

http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=DDD848&source=google base

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160343040411&rvr_id=&c rlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WVF%3F&GUID=8d0aabba1270a0a ad2d0b8a0ff178759&itemid=160343040411&ff4=263602_2 63622

Or you could always cut up a cheap, used flokati rug if you're dead-set on the longer fur.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40095398

If all else fails, there are a couple of great Izayas (both from Germany) floating around here on Cosplay.com. Maybe they could give you tips on what they did for the trim?

Various rockstars
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #44
Capt_Lucifer
Night Valian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurimunsen View Post
As for Izaya's coat ... where in the world would I just buy ... fur? And he does wear dress pants, right?
My Izaya's fur was from Joann's fabric store, the fur in the picture of my icon is from Joann's but she remade it since the picture was taken with better fur (that was a VERY last minute coat ^ ^U) that she found at her Joann's. You might have a store near you since its a chain so try looking it up ^ ^

His pants to me could be dark grey/black jeans or dress pants, my Izaya chose jeans. I think the jeans look great, but others may perfer dress pants. Either are good IMO.
Capt_Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:12 AM   #45
Sunara Ishi

I'm thinking about cosplaying Erika Kawisawa. Though sadly I don't have a Yumasaki. T.T
Though it won't be perfect because I only have two months and a limited budget.

Nor does there seem to be any Durarara cosplay gathering for my con. Makes me sad. Are any of you planning to go to Fanime Con?
Sunara Ishi is offline   Reply With Quote