Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 02-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
IchigoBunny
Pierce the heavens!!

Exclamation Vasto Lorde Ichigo from Bleach

yep i said it my boyfriend wants to be Vasto Lorde Ichigo and OMG it is such a pain in the butt because its ganna be really hard. here is a reference so i guess my first question is how would i make his skin white and be able to put the hole and tattoos on? I don't want to paint his skin because it would end up getting everywhere and sweated off. I also need the white for his legs because they show outside the torn hakama pants.
The next question is how would i make his mask? It looks big and heavy. i need to make it light and not too tall so its easy to wear and he doesn't get stuck in the door ways.

Please any help would be appreciated!
IchigoBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
sweetnsassy
*swish swish stab*

I don't have personal experience with this cosplay, but I have seen some pretty awesome cosplayers that pulled this off. One I saw at OniCon 09 said that he used a white body suit and airbrushed the markings and hole on. The result was pretty epic. The mask could be made out of paper mache or paper clay. That should keep it reasonably light. Hmm, not sure about the hakama. Might want to search for cosplayers that have done this and send them a pm. Hope that helped, at least a little

WIP cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (earth kindgom): 90%
Toph Bei Fong (fire nation): 90%

Future cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (Bei Fong estate gown):0%
Haruhi Fujioka (final episode ballgown): 0%
Ciel Phantomhive (green suit): 0%
sweetnsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Melodious Nocturne
~*Melodious Angel*~

I'd just like to point out that calling it Vasto Lorde is inaccurate. A Vasto Lorde is a classification of menos therefore made out of several thousand souls combined into one, whereas Ichigo is only one soul. Basically he can be as strong as a Vasto Lorde but is not a Vasto Lorde class hollow.

anyways. my fiance is actually doin this cosplay for oni the year. he is getting a zentai suit. and i actually know the guy from oni last year, he used a zentai suit as well. the mask i hear is very uncomfortable to wear and it gets hot. you can air brush or paint all the detail onto the zentai suit. im cosplaying released Ulquiorra at oni too, and im also going with the zentai suit, but i am using cake make up for my face. your best bet for the mask would be paper clay or model magic.
Sayaka Miki - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Melodious Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
soifonchan

I have seen a few people pull this off too, but I'm pretty sure most of the people spraybrushed themselves white and added the tattoos and such. There is also a fiberglass mask I have seen online (on ebay), but its like super duper expensive, and I don't know who would want to spend 400.00 on it. The person I spoke to at otakon with one really good mask made it out of model magic.
soifonchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
Night Scream
Un-employed Programmer

wel i have seen a msak with the horns like he uses when he's in this form ina convention about 1 month ago but it was very cheap $20 but also cheap looking, maybe some re-painting would hel p it

But the mask was made of plastic like those cheap halloween masks.

The seller was new to me and up till now i have been unable to find his phone number or if he has a store..

But i did see it so it has to be sold by someone online..
Night Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
NatureMade
Entity of Insanity

I might be able to help you out with the mask situation. I went as Hollow Ichigo in his Horn-mask form. [points to forum icon] and the mask shouldn't take more than 2 weeks of work if you paper mache correctly. AND you'll be left with a very sturdy mask.

For starters, we used this mask
http://www.ioffer.com/i/bleach-ichig...-new-167022339
as a base for the mache. Obviously any mask will do, we just used this to get the closest to the mask's base as we could. So you slap on 4 layers of mache around down to right before the teeth. Then mache the back side of the mask from the jaw down, 4 layers again, and then super glue the two.

For the dome like effect, we just re-mached the forehead piece 4 times, and connected them until we were satisfied, cutting up and using left overs to make the jagged edges of the back end. For the raised eyebrows, strip a couple Q-tips, and glue them at the brow, and then paper mache over. To cover the eyes, get a very light fabric and cover it and the jaw bone gaps. It should allow you to still see, but nothing to be seen on the inside.

The horns were probably the hardest part. For us, we basically printed out rectangles and molded them into place [note; the horns didn't hold for more than 2 days at Otakon before they ripped] My own personal idea for the horns is just taking wire, bending it into place, and macheing it about 3 or 4 times. Once all said and done with the mask assembly, spray paint it with a layer of non-matte White to give it a good solid look.

Last little details. For the markings, either tape down the mask and spray paint them on, use a sharpie, or acrylic paint them. As for the teeth, you can use Fake French-cut Fingernails [they sell them in 100 packs at target for under 10 bucks]. Just remember to paint them white before hand. and that should about do it.
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:07 AM   #7
hoskinsa1

Vasto Lordes Ichigo Help

Well, if you do not want to use paint, I would suggest getting a fine white cloth material (similar to the cloth used for fake tattoos) and paint that tats and chest hole on that. Of course you would need to tailor it to fit your boyfriend. As for the mask, there are a few ways to make it. the first (and probably cheapest yet most frustrating) way would be paper mache. If done right, it will be durable yet lightweight. Another method (though more fragile but easier to work with) is pottery clay. you don't need it to be thick, bout a 1/4 inch would do, just don't throw it around. lol. I hope this advice helps you, and I would love to see the finished product. I may even request a mask for my currently non-existent Bleach Collection, sine I think that look is really bad ass.

Let me know how it turns out.
hoskinsa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
star702

My boyfriend is doing this costume at the moment and has brought the mask, he made up the trousers and for the top cause his not comfortable with his body hi using a white shirt and done the tattoos with fabric paint.
star702 is offline   Reply With Quote