Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #1531
zombieduck
Zombie

Animangafreak: its like an hour and a half i think lol

rawr i need to find some duluth kids rawr
zombieduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #1532
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

@Lei-Yone: It's ok. There will be another meet-up next year! =D

@Animanga: I took a bunch of pictures too. I'll post a link once they're up. =3

@Pied: I totally know how you feel. Saturday just about killed me with my scythe. I was on the 13th floor...MY SCYTHE WOULD NOT FIT IN THE ELEVATOR. >:I I'm not the most in shape person either...so going up the stairs after the masquerade killed me. I missed the Random shit panel because of it. >_<
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of meet-ups...I think we let that Fruba photoshoot idea we had pretty much die. D: Maybe we could do another IHOP meet-up? I think it'd be fun. =3

2011 Con Schedule: Anime Detour, NoBrand Con, CONvergence
AxelisMyHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #1533
littleme381

Here are the pics I took:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8485220&ref=mf

You guys know what you're gonna do next? (the next MN con is in September, tho it's more of an informational thing. School Girls in Mobile Suits -- it's really interesting)

I'm for sure going to work on these:
Fay D. Flourite
Ritsuka Aoyagi
Sunao Fujimori
Shuichi Shindo

Planned Cosplay:
Fay D. Flourite : Ritsuka Aoyagi : Sunao Fujimori : Shuichi Shindo: Rena Ryugu
littleme381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #1534
DrakesFire
TheTrueKira

I'd have to say first and foremost that i am sorry that i could not make it to the meetup friday, it was way too hectic, but the two most epic moments of this years detour were (1) the random shit panel (and being one of the panelists on) on saturday, and (2) the fact the i heard about the massive loss of the game during the cosplay contest (oh the bragging rights for those people).
DrakesFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #1535
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

@littleme: I'll be going to Anime Iowa with <3znaoplz next. XP Otherwise I'll be lurking at picnics and other events until the next con rolls around. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to head over to Convergence.

@Drakes: Yes, that happened in the skit before ours called naruto Psychiatrics. They had a sign that said "You Lost the Game." XD
-----------------------------------------------------

By the way, I'm having an anime picnic in a couple weeks in celebration of my golden birthday. =D I can't have it on the actual day because it's a weekday, but here's the info for you guys. I hope you can come! http://forum.animedetour.com/index.php?topic=4106.0

Last edited by AxelisMyHomeboy : 04-06-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Forgot picnic info. XD
Unread 04-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #1536
Pied
I live underwater

I was told I lost the game a couple times.

I don't understand!
Pied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #1537
T3HFIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei-yone View Post
Lol, the same thing happened to me when I got home on sunday. I guess it's good that the pain was nice enough to wait until after the convention to come. XD

I haven't been at my computer long enough to upload photos yet I'll post them. I'm pretty sure I only got a picture of Axelis though. Aside from her, Teh Five, and Rainbow were the only one's I saw all week.

And sorry I couldn't make it to the meet ups, the opening ceremony or the Hitman Reborn. I was so unorganized this weekend.

We remember seeing you! Oooh, we wished we could have talked to you so much more.

It's like we keep running into you, but never get time to talk. First at the picnics when you were Neku, at another one when you were Sho and as Mc. Sephiroth. Next convention for sure we will hunt you down!
T3HFIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #1538
Nooby Banana
I made a llama. 8)

Awww man, I wasn't able to make Deour this year. >_< I hope all you guys had fun! (Sorry, random MN person just popping in. xD)

Are there any cons or picnic type things in the summer in MN? I'm aware that Kakkoicon got cancelled this year, but are there any other things I could possibly go to and drag some friends with to?
Nooby Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #1539
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

@Spirit: I'm having a picnic in a couple weeks. The info for it is in my last post. =3

@Pied: The Game is pretty much a mind virus. If you think about The Game, you lose The Game and you have to verbally announce that you have done so. You then get a 10 minute grace period to allow you to forget The Game.

Unread 04-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #1540
torra
I'M ON A BOAT

I have to say, I got super sick of people yelling "You lost the game" every five seconds. I don't know why that was such a big thing this year but I hope everyone is done with it by '10.
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #1541
Xuki-kun

Torra: Thanks for posting the pictures!~ my mother kept on bugging me about forgetting an extra memory card for my camera. "orz

Your Joker costume was amazingggg 8D
I've to say, not even some of the Cure cosplayers can compare. <3

[Oh yes. The "I lost the game!" thing..my classmates keep on playing "the game". Is it like a cosplay thing? Or is it just a general..popular thing? ..It is quite annoying. =w=;; ]

Axelis: You guys were awesome 8D~ And congratulations to you and your group on winning best performance!

---

Akjshadk~! D:
I didn't get to see any of you guys except for Torra~
but 'sokay, there's always next year.
Xuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #1542
crayonattack

this is frustrating! I wrote up a big long post and it didn't post it. ): WELL here we go again.
----
This weekend was AMAZING. I didn't get to talk to a lot of you but I did see some of you and have total creeper moments of thinking "hmm..i know that person!" I talked to Axelis a couple times, and Pied, but thats about it for actually talking. xD OH and Pied, you pretty much brought my friend nearly to tears with your cosplay on saturday. She almost fell down, me thinks! I think I saw Xuki at cosplay chess, and I saw Lei-Yone from afar. I also think I saw some of t3hfive! I heard someone yelling out that name at some point. Everyone who I saw looked INCREDIBLE in their cosplays, by the way!
----
@Littleme: I didn't think I saw you but I must have, since I'm the green link in your third photo on facebook!
@Axelis: Happy-Almost-Birthday! I'll see if I can make it, sine now I can use the whole "Don't worry I've met them!" thing. Which somehow reminds me. Did anyone else get a pedobear approves sticker? 8D I loved it.

This whole weekend rocked. I now own both an Axel and a Naota plushie to keep Link company! Not to mention I met a bunch of new awesome people, some of whom I'm actually gonna see later this week! Oh anime. It brings people together. (: Axel on the third day was a bit of a bust, since my Roxy-poo bailed and my wig was falling off pretty early on, so I just took it off for a while. And no one got my shirt joke...well -I- thought it was clever! Ahh. Con hangover week=lame.
crayonattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #1543
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

@Xuki: Thank you! ^_^

@crayon: Pedo bear had stickers?! That cosplay was win as it was. Man. I want a sticker now! XD I hope you can make my picnic! ^_^
--------------------------------------------

My pictures are now up on Facebook, but I'll post links once I have them on Photobucket too. =3

I'm thinking of doing a Tron costume for next year to fit with the System Upgrade theme. Anyone willing to join in? XD I'll be doing Yori, the only girl character from the movie. ^_^ I'm still trying to figure out how I'll go about it, but we'll see. Am I the only dork who already has next year pretty much planned? XD

Unread 04-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #1544
Pied
I live underwater

Crayon: That's great! I had fun the short amount of time I was actually *in* costume on Saturday.

And yes.. con-hangover is no fun.

Axelis: I love Tron! I would totally do a Tron cosplay. And you're not a total dork, because I keep thinking up some amazing costumes I want to do... which would take me so long that I feel I should start now.
Pied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #1545
T3HFIVE

Awww, you guys should have told us you saw us. We didn't even know what was going on half the time. : /
T3HFIVE is offline   Reply With Quote