Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 03-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #2386
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

@nymph: Hello there! 8D

@Crayon: Good luck!
--------------------------------------------------

I am on a bit of a cosplay high right now. Numbuh Four is officially complete. I just finished dyeing his sweater and got pants for him today. THAT AND MY WIG CAME IN THE MAIL! I thought it might not arrive in time, but here it is! I'm so happily relieved! ^^
As far as my other costumes go, Cissnei just needs to be hemmed and her collar needs to be finished. I ordered her wig, so hopefully that'll get here soon. Ginny still needs a skirt, so I'm going to see if I can get one I like in the next week. ><
I also need to stop letting my roleplay suck me in on Gaia. xD

2011 Con Schedule: Anime Detour, NoBrand Con, CONvergence
AxelisMyHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #2387
Raven_Night

So I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make due with a cheapo costumes instead of one bought online, just in case. Any suggestions on a how to make sailor fuku from stuff you buy at the store?

Anime Detour!

Cat Witch Blair (Soul Eater) - DONE!
Abiru Kobushi (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) - 95%
Misa Amane (Death Note) - 95%
Raven_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #2388
recycledcans

ummmm hi? total new girl poster. i was kinda surprised to see all the pages of MN cosplayers haha. i guess i'll be seeing some of you at detour.
recycledcans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #2389
dreamless19

@recycledcans - Welcome! Who do you have planned for your cosplays?
---------------------------------------------------------
OMG! MATT WIG CAME TODAY! X3 I'm sooooooooo excited! Just got to trim it up a little and it's ready to go. XD Now I wait for my L wig. 16 days!
Unread 03-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #2390
crayonattack

@recycledcans - Welcome! (: Yeah, it can be a little surprising!
@dreamless- Woohooo!
@Axelis - More woohooo!
@Raven - Not me, but it might help to check out the Tutorials board? And I'm sure there are plenty of great costumes you can whip up in no time! You can do it! Just keep your head up!

So I got my wisdom teeth out today >.< No fun! Especially since I cant do much work all puffy and loopy on pain meds. But my sisters home now and took over my work area so I wouldn't be able to get much done anyway...Joy is almost finished!! I'm really excited! I love the way she's turning out! The wig is styled and I put a picture (though not a very good one) up on my profile. I was actually in the process of doing something really really complicated and stupid when I accidently made the perfect loops XD Her dress is almost done, just needs sleeves and the collar, the apron is done, just has to have the straps and bow sewed on and a pocket made. Now all I need is some mini-bloomers (the fabric I used for the dress is a little too sheer for my liking, and I thought it would be a cute touch XD) and some shoes!
And let me tell you. NO WHERE IN THE WORLD SELLS WHITE FLATS. UGH. I think I'll end up with some more nurse-like shoes which...Is okay I guess, but I think flats would be cuter. I guess the nurse-ish shoes are closer to her actual design anyway, but I wanted some white flats for my own personal use anyway XD

Welll thats all for now! Back to watching Cowboy Bebop and recovering! I finally got the feeling back in my face!
crayonattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #2391
recycledcans

@dreamless hi! thanks! I'm going as ramona flowers (scott pilgrim), trucy wright (ace attorney), and romana II (doctor who)!
@crayonattack haha i'm new to cosplaying in general, and have only been to convergence 2010.
recycledcans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #2392
EkoOtsurone
Echoes of Static Sounds

Everyone sounds so intense! I feel like I'm the only one who isn't being rushed... but that's because I'm procrastinating! And since AD has already reached the maximum number of attendees, I guess I'm going to AniMinneapolis instead!

So what's everyone's thoughts on new cons? Like, are they boring? I've got no experience whatsoever, so...
Cosplay club (seeking Mpls cosplayers <3) : http://www.antithesiscosplay.yolasite.com/

Let's talk, okay?

-Megurine Luka- Cendrillion: 10%
Megurine Luka: 0%
Hell Girl/ Ai Enma: 80% (don't have wig)
Hana Bakane (WIP UTAULOID) 90%
EkoOtsurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #2393
dreamless19

@Eko - I also have never been to a con.
@crayon - I really liked your wig, it came out nice. I can't wait to see the whole costume.
-----------------------------------------------
L wig came on Thursday. I put pictures of it up. I'm so excited! Got the days off of work so I am ready for this. Spring break for me is next week and over the con, it came at just the right time.
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #2394
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

@Eko: It really depends on the con. Newer cons are going to have a few more glitches than longer running cons like Anime Detour that have experience. It doesn't mean they're not worth attending, though. :3
-------------------------------------------------

I've been procrastinating hemming my stuff...but I have good reason since pep band and school have kept me SUPER BUSY. >< Everything else is pretty much done though, and my wigs have arrived. ^^ I just need to do some quick styling eventually.

Unread 03-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #2395
EkoOtsurone
Echoes of Static Sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelisMyHomeboy View Post
@Eko: It really depends on the con. Newer cons are going to have a few more glitches than longer running cons like Anime Detour that have experience. It doesn't mean they're not worth attending, though. :3
-------------------------------------------------

I've been procrastinating hemming my stuff...but I have good reason since pep band and school have kept me SUPER BUSY. >< Everything else is pretty much done though, and my wigs have arrived. ^^ I just need to do some quick styling eventually.
That's good! Haha, thank you for the advice! I'll have much fun!
Cosplay club (seeking Mpls cosplayers <3) : http://www.antithesiscosplay.yolasite.com/

Let's talk, okay?

-Megurine Luka- Cendrillion: 10%
Megurine Luka: 0%
Hell Girl/ Ai Enma: 80% (don't have wig)
Hana Bakane (WIP UTAULOID) 90%
EkoOtsurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #2396
crayonattack

Sooo....next Friday. Thats pretty scary. I have a lot of work to do, and now I'm in a play so I'll be even busier. Also I can tell I'm gonna have a bad week. AND I have rehearsal and a stupid Parent-Night thing on THURSDAY THE 31ST BECAUSE WHY NOT. BUT THERE IS NO TIME FOR THAT NEGATIVITY NOW! QUICKLY! TO THE COSPLAY CAVE!(aka my basement...) It does help that my momma is so supportive though. We sat in the kitchen for like 20 minutes this afternoon discussing how exactly to go about making my pokeball cookies. There was never even a moment where she was like "WTF why would you make a bunch of cookies for strangers. Thats dumb." it was more of "Lets make em this weekend and freeze them so you wont be so busy next week! " OH MY GOD. NEXT WEEK. OH MY GOD. OHMYGOD.OHMYGOD.

(oh also, in case anyone has been held in suspense, I managed to iron out all the wrinkles in my skirt, and THUS FAR the Wrinkle Bandits have not returned. Which is good. Because if they do....I'll be waiting <.< >.>)
crayonattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #2397
Hanayuki-chan

Woah, it's been awhile since I've been on here.

Detour is already next week! WOW!
Ok, so I'm cosplaying:
Ciel Phantomhive
Roxas
Shiki Senri(for the masquerade)
Arietta the Wild(Maybe)
Child Medusa (Soul eater)
Ranka Lee(Lion CD cover)
and Matryoshka!Gumi

Dont worry, I'm changing in and out for panels and such, so its not THAT much.
Hanayuki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #2398
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

Well, I got my wigs all sorted out. I cut Numbuh Four a bit too short in the back though, so I'm probably going to replace his wig after this con. DX Otherwise I just have to finish Cissnei's collar and I'm all set. ^^

Unread 03-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #2399
dreamless19

@crayon-I believe in you, I know you can do it!
---------------------------------
I can't believe it is already next week! I'm debating on re-reading Death Note so as to get more in character. And also replay The World Ends With You. I'll have time since spring break starts Friday. My family decided to take a trip to Missouri so I'll need something to do. Just have to trim my Matt wig and I'm ready to go.
Unread 03-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #2400
rarrrhannah
Hannah Dillon

WELLLLLL i kind of died there, didn't i?

WOW! detour is next week! HOLY CRAP. i'm SO excited! I can't wait to meet as many of you as I can~~

As for cosplays! I'm so close I can TASTE IT! 8D Umbreon is 100% complete! That's right, COMPLETE! My mom and I made the ears and tail a couple days ago!

Hungary...my grandma is finishing up the shirt and everything else is made and acquired!

Scout is ALSO done, I even got a Sandman made! All I need is to maybe make a scattergun, and my dad is gonna help me with that.

ITS NEXT WEEK! OMG! 8D I'm so excited!
rarrrhannah is offline   Reply With Quote