Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-31-2008, 08:20 PM   #796
Rissaroo1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 25
I'm from MN and I'm a cosplayer~! ^_^ well, I'm a noob with no outfit yet, but I WILL be a cosplayer!
__________________
"Mommy, are those people on drugs?"
"No, honey, those are cosplayers. They don't have money for drugs."
lol
Rissaroo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #797
littleme381
Registered User
 
littleme381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 143
haha

I love your sig. XD

So, what part of the "We need flood insurance" state are you from?
(what city?)
You going to detour?
What costume are you working on?
Am I being to nosy? (answer: yes)
__________________
Next Con:
AnimeDetour '10


Planned Cosplay:
Fay D. Flourite : Ritsuka Aoyagi : Sunao Fujimori : Shuichi Shindo: Rena Ryugu
littleme381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #798
PhantomTheifSai
It's A-L-L-E-N !
 
PhantomTheifSai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 64
littleme; thanks!
Rissaroo; Hiya! I'm new too! yay
PhantomTheifSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #799
PhantomTheifSai
It's A-L-L-E-N !
 
PhantomTheifSai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 64
littleme381- omigosh! wait! Your gonna cosplay as Ryuuga Rena?!
PhantomTheifSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #800
littleme381
Registered User
 
littleme381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomTheifSai View Post
littleme381- omigosh! wait! Your gonna cosplay as Ryuuga Rena?!
YESH~!

I'm searching for more Higurashi cosplayers. (posted on animeDetour's forums, Cosplay.com's forums, my dA journal and as a dA deviation....let's hope for results)

It'll be Rena's school outfit though.
And I'm not sure about blood spatters, though I'm leaning forward to doing it (as long as I get an okay from Detour staff) even if my mom doesn't like the idea. (she says it's too violent..)

And my sister is going to be Satoko (she's 10 XD and has seen both the first series and the sequel *hasn't watched the sequel yet*)

Except...I'll be forced to handstitch a lot of it..(because I won't be able to access a sewing machine until November at the earliest)

fun fun.

Anyway: TheifSai, what part of MN are you from? I'm in Rochester...
__________________
Next Con:
AnimeDetour '10


Planned Cosplay:
Fay D. Flourite : Ritsuka Aoyagi : Sunao Fujimori : Shuichi Shindo: Rena Ryugu
littleme381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #801
Rissaroo1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 25
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleme381 View Post
haha

I love your sig. XD

So, what part of the "We need flood insurance" state are you from?
(what city?)
You going to detour?
What costume are you working on?
Am I being to nosy? (answer: yes)
1. IGH, but I go to school in SSP
2. Yes, If I can get an outfit. I hope I can!
3. undecided, ether L (Death Note) or Yuuki (Vampire Knight) any advice?
4. yes, but I'm a nosy person too, so it's ok! lol ^_^

Same Q's to you
__________________
"Mommy, are those people on drugs?"
"No, honey, those are cosplayers. They don't have money for drugs."
lol
Rissaroo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #802
Rissaroo1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomTheifSai View Post
littleme; thanks!
Rissaroo; Hiya! I'm new too! yay
he he noobs unight! lol
__________________
"Mommy, are those people on drugs?"
"No, honey, those are cosplayers. They don't have money for drugs."
lol
Rissaroo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #803
Xuki-kun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 637
WOAH. XD
Okay, I leave for like 2 days, come back and we have two new Cosplayers in MN. x]

Welcome, welcome! >:3

I'm in the same situation as littleme381
I haven't been to Detour before,
What is it like? Is it similar to KakkoiCon? :'O
__________________
上中學,我的英文老師也很幽默。
最記得教「危險Dangerous」這個字。
想想『單腳拉屎』,多危險!」老師說。
Xuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #804
littleme381
Registered User
 
littleme381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissaroo1234 View Post
1. IGH, but I go to school in SSP
2. Yes, If I can get an outfit. I hope I can!
3. undecided, ether L (Death Note) or Yuuki (Vampire Knight) any advice?
4. yes, but I'm a nosy person too, so it's ok! lol ^_^

Same Q's to you
I'm in Rochester
Yes, I'm going.
I'm working on Rena Ryuuguu from Higurashi
Nah. Not nosy compared to some people I know.


Anyway: Yuuki from Vampire Knight? and L from Death Note? -this is who I'm assuming on this advice from a cosplay n00b-

L is a simple, $20 closet cosplay that every cosplayer has done at least once, whether or not it was intentional. The only way you'll stand out as L when there are a good twenty or so of them (or more) is if you have a good wig or awesome L hair, and proper sitting position (he is not on his haunches/squatting. He is flat footed with his knees up.)

Yuuki (remember, assuming vampire knight here) she is cosplayed as a lot now that the anime is out, however it is still a good series and I have yet to find a -good- MN Yuuki that had everything. (There was this really good one, but she was missing the prefect's band + bracelet) You'll probably be noticed more than the 20+ Ls, but the costume is also more complex. (If you're buying it's just more money XD )
__________________
Next Con:
AnimeDetour '10


Planned Cosplay:
Fay D. Flourite : Ritsuka Aoyagi : Sunao Fujimori : Shuichi Shindo: Rena Ryugu
littleme381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #805
PhantomTheifSai
It's A-L-L-E-N !
 
PhantomTheifSai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleme381 View Post
YESH~!

I'm searching for more Higurashi cosplayers. (posted on animeDetour's forums, Cosplay.com's forums, my dA journal and as a dA deviation....let's hope for results)

It'll be Rena's school outfit though.
And I'm not sure about blood spatters, though I'm leaning forward to doing it (as long as I get an okay from Detour staff) even if my mom doesn't like the idea. (she says it's too violent..)

And my sister is going to be Satoko (she's 10 XD and has seen both the first series and the sequel *hasn't watched the sequel yet*)

Except...I'll be forced to handstitch a lot of it..(because I won't be able to access a sewing machine until November at the earliest)

fun fun.

Anyway: TheifSai, what part of MN are you from? I'm in Rochester...
Cool! I was thinking of either being Shion or Mion. I love those too! ^_^ And your sister is awesome for being Satoko!
And I'm in Elk River ^^
PhantomTheifSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 04:52 AM   #806
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit
 
AxelisMyHomeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuki-kun View Post
WOAH. XD
Okay, I leave for like 2 days, come back and we have two new Cosplayers in MN. x]

Welcome, welcome! >:3

I'm in the same situation as littleme381
I haven't been to Detour before,
What is it like? Is it similar to KakkoiCon? :'O
Detour's obviously bigger, but it has less fashion related panels. I noticed Detour had more guest related panels and fan panels instead of fashion related panels. But they don't have an awesome JRock concert, lol.

@Rissaroo: Welcome to the thread! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------

And while I still remember it , lol. Shouldn't we probably revive our Fruba shoot? I think it's getting lonely all forgotten in the corner. XD
__________________
XI, The Graceful Assassin, in <3znaoplz.

2011 Con Schedule: Anime Detour, NoBrand Con, CONvergence
AxelisMyHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #807
littleme381
Registered User
 
littleme381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomTheifSai View Post
Cool! I was thinking of either being Shion or Mion. I love those too! ^_^ And your sister is awesome for being Satoko!
And I'm in Elk River ^^
pleeeeeeeeease? *puppy eyes*
because lolie (LolitaLolaLolie) is thinking of possibly bringing her Rena costume, and possibly a Hanyuu and stuff...

I recently (earlier today) found a person at school who's seen Higurashi (I knew him last year too, but it's only today *first day of school* I find out he likes anime and has seen a series I'm desperately looking for cosplayers for) and I might force him to be Satoshi or something if he can go.. *asked, but haven't really pried*
__________________
Next Con:
AnimeDetour '10


Planned Cosplay:
Fay D. Flourite : Ritsuka Aoyagi : Sunao Fujimori : Shuichi Shindo: Rena Ryugu
littleme381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #808
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit
 
AxelisMyHomeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 599
Ugh...first day of high school murdered me. >_< I have so much pre-calculus homework I swear I could swim in it. @_@ I dunno how I'll finish my costumes on time with this much homework everyday to do. >_<

But good news is I got an awesome deal on a sewing machine at the state fair! =D lol.
__________________
XI, The Graceful Assassin, in <3znaoplz.

2011 Con Schedule: Anime Detour, NoBrand Con, CONvergence
AxelisMyHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #809
PhantomTheifSai
It's A-L-L-E-N !
 
PhantomTheifSai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleme381 View Post
pleeeeeeeeease? *puppy eyes*
because lolie (LolitaLolaLolie) is thinking of possibly bringing her Rena costume, and possibly a Hanyuu and stuff...

I recently (earlier today) found a person at school who's seen Higurashi (I knew him last year too, but it's only today *first day of school* I find out he likes anime and has seen a series I'm desperately looking for cosplayers for) and I might force him to be Satoshi or something if he can go.. *asked, but haven't really pried*
Lol! ok ^_^ I'll do my best to make it then! And a Satoshi would be awesome! x3 (I love him! he's so cute!)
PhantomTheifSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #810
littleme381
Registered User
 
littleme381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomTheifSai View Post
Lol! ok ^_^ I'll do my best to make it then! And a Satoshi would be awesome! x3 (I love him! he's so cute!)
lol
he wants to be Ooishi-san... 0_o

Axelis: Boo on the pre-calculus homework D: -is a math geek- It's geometry that helps people who sew. Anywho yay for the deal on the sewing machine.
__________________
Next Con:
AnimeDetour '10


Planned Cosplay:
Fay D. Flourite : Ritsuka Aoyagi : Sunao Fujimori : Shuichi Shindo: Rena Ryugu
littleme381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.