Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:25 AM   #76
humanoidrkangel
Lunar Rose

yeah good luck with making your gaige ^.^ i am trying to do silica from sword art as well and i am going to try and mess with a toy dagger to make her dagger. and yeah modge podge is so nice to have and you dont need much for it. but we were thinking about hot glue as well for the arm. so i am hoping that when we redo the arm for me it will look better. please let me know how your's goes. ^.^ i would like see what i am afford to do. best of luck tho!
humanoidrkangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #77
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Makes sense, and I will definitely let you know how it goes (and post about it on my blog in great detail) when I get there

In the meantime - I finally started work on Rubi! Since I wanted her for Moxxi, and Gaige is surely going to need a gun, win win! I quickly scrapped my original idea of working with a toy gun, as it was going to take way too much effort to get the one I had purchased to A) look anything like Rubi and B) have enough room inside for the wiring. Instead, I started from scratch with craft foam! My original plan was to make THIS RUBI, but it seemed that it would be impossible (or I would have to make it pretty darned small) to fit it into Moxxi's holster.... Soooo, I switched to THIS RUBI! I'm sad about the loss of the big trigger guard thing as it's a common feature on Borderlands pistols, but I'll make do

At this point, I have the core of the gun and ALL of the wiring in place, and damned if that doesn't feel like an accomplishment Check out the lighting!! It's still in two halves at the moment, but it'll be together soon. It was actually pretty easy (even though it took a little while) and it's going to look AWESOME once everything else is in place!

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #78
humanoidrkangel
Lunar Rose

XD thats awesome. i found a cheap and i mean CHEAP ($0.25) water gun that i am going to have my aunt help me with painting and such to turn it into a borderlands gun for my gaige. and due to me getting into a new anime i have added another cosplay to my list for my nest con where i will more then likely be gaige for friday and then silica from SAO on saturday. so now i have three projects to work on. making a sword and shoes for silica and a gun for gaige. great thing tho i have pretty much all of gaige done. but i might need to work on the arm a little later. but i need to save my money for silica since i need to get the sword painted and trimmed down to a proper size. i might go and do some fine trimming on the arm for my gaige since i quite didnt like the look of the one we have done. but like i said i need my money for silica since i am ordering the outfit online due to it being alot of work and i dont want to make my boss sow more then what she has done for me so far lol
Unread 09-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #79
NikolaElvenmaid
Master Exploder

I'm working on a female variant of the psycho... (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/464857/) Here's what I've got so far. Let me know what you think? Keeping in mind that I'm no professional, and don't have a high budget.. I'm making all this up as I go along. lol.

My Buzzaxe;
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3438284/

My Mask:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3438283/

Last edited by NikolaElvenmaid : 09-28-2013 at 10:06 PM.
NikolaElvenmaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #80
LadyCrankypants

humanoidrkangel: Good luck with all your projects! Amazing how quickly they stack up

NikolaElvenmaid: Awesome work so far! Love your buzzaxe, neat that you chose Kreig's style, and your mask looks awesome, sweet work for less than $6! Can't wait to see how the rest turns out!

I've gotten a bit more work done on my Rubi. I broke out my wannabe dremel for the first time tonight and worked on some of the shaping, as well as getting the first outer panels for the gun cut out. It's neat trying to get all the different little layers and details into 3D form... But I'm pretty sure it's going to take forever. Oh well, I've come this far!

Works in Progress

Unread 09-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #81
humanoidrkangel
Lunar Rose

well i tried to trim down the toy sword i bought and well found a plastic pipe in the center. so i went and bought another one and so far i have modge podge the foam and painted both sides to make is kinda look like something you will find from the show. i have yet to work on the gun since i have been working on the sword XD but once i can i will start to get the gun painted. i just dont know what to make it into yet ><
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #82
LadyCrankypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoidrkangel View Post
well i tried to trim down the toy sword i bought and well found a plastic pipe in the center. so i went and bought another one and so far i have modge podge the foam and painted both sides to make is kinda look like something you will find from the show. i have yet to work on the gun since i have been working on the sword XD but once i can i will start to get the gun painted. i just dont know what to make it into yet ><
Glad to hear you've made some progress! As for the gun, the bandit series (red with teeth) like the ass beeter or hed shooter would be an easily identifiable style, and any non-elemental versions don't have lighting, so you wouldn't have to worry about LEDs.

No progress lately on my projects... Boo. I need to pick up different tubing than what I had found for the magazine, as it's too small, and find me some paint and primer for the base coat. I have a photoshoot Saturday to do some promo pics of my Robin costume to help get some attention/support for my fundraising efforts for a costumed run I'll be doing at the end of the month... and before then I need to make some gloves and shoe covers, so no Rubi work until afterward. That said the rest of Saturday and Sunday I should be able to find some time to get to work and make some actual progress!

Works in Progress

Unread 10-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #83
humanoidrkangel
Lunar Rose

hmm i might do something like that thanks ^.^ as for my sword i have it fully painted black and white i just need to glue the stones on it. i am thinking once i get paid on getting another one that why i can have two different ones and also for the photoshoots that i might get pulled into there is an extra for anyone who dont have a sword cause im just nice like that. XD
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #84
megannelle

I have a question for anyone that is doing or has done a Moxxi cosplay! Are you making your jacket/outfit or having it commissioned? I have pretty much no sewing skills, but would really like to do a Moxxi cosplay. So would it be easier to try to make it myself or have it commissioned? I have about a year to work on this, in case time is a factor!(:
megannelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #85
LadyCrankypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by megannelle View Post
I have a question for anyone that is doing or has done a Moxxi cosplay! Are you making your jacket/outfit or having it commissioned? I have pretty much no sewing skills, but would really like to do a Moxxi cosplay. So would it be easier to try to make it myself or have it commissioned? I have about a year to work on this, in case time is a factor!(:
Welcome to the party, magannelle! I made a Moxxi for our local convention this past May, and have been posting tutorials on my build process over on my blog - http://crankypantschronicles.blogspot.ca/. The short answer to your question is with no sewing skills, it will be a pain in the butt - you pretty well need basic sewing skills and the ability to read a pattern etc. That said if you have someone who can help you get started and teach you a little bit about sewing before you get too far into it, it's totally possible - heck, the last garment I had made before I started was a sloppy pair of shorts over 10 years ago. My advice would be take a click through the blog to see the kind of work involved, and see if you want to tackle it. If the answer ends up being no, then there are many awesome commissioners out there - either way good luck, and if you have any questions, just let me know!!

Works in Progress

Unread 10-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #86
megannelle

I've actually bookmarked your blog as a guide to help me with the costume! I love the fabric you used for the jacket(: Thank you so much for the advice, I'm a fast learner and my mom does know how to sew with a machine as she makes quilts, so I'll have her help me out! I'll probably have a million questions, honestly(:
megannelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #87
LadyCrankypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by megannelle View Post
I've actually bookmarked your blog as a guide to help me with the costume! I love the fabric you used for the jacket(: Thank you so much for the advice, I'm a fast learner and my mom does know how to sew with a machine as she makes quilts, so I'll have her help me out! I'll probably have a million questions, honestly(:
Aww, thanks! It was a pain to find, but I really wanted the right texture! And it's nice to know SOMEONE is getting some use out of my blog If you need any advice or reference pictures (I still have all of the ones I took), just let me know!

More progress!
Even though I said I wouldn't be working on anything, I just couldn't resist, so I got the first few side panels for Rubi together - I am SO stoked on how this is turning out so far! I also picked up all the paint/primer/clear coat I'm going to need for the base coats on the gun, blue leggings, the larger tubing I needed for Rubi's cartridge and power switches for the grenade, shield and gun, AND I got some of the things I ordered online in the mail - my beautiful blue wig (though it's going to be a pain to style!), the mini lunchbox I'm going to be using to make the class mod, and all the LEDs/supplies I'll need for the shield and grenade mod!

That said, I've been working on Robin ever since FINALLY finding green spandex! I didn't finish everything in time for my original photoshoot date, so I've had to push it back to Wednesday or Thursday, but I'm SO close to being finished now - I just need more green thread so I can finish the seams on my little Robin briefs and I'm done!! Now I just need to get through this week at work before I can get back to Gaige

Works in Progress

Last edited by LadyCrankypants : 10-07-2013 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Grammar fix
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #88
humanoidrkangel
Lunar Rose

YAY!!! the wig looks awesome! cant wait to see it once your done. i have gotten a second sword and painted it to look like the first one i painted and i love it more. so i just need to get great glue and glue the stones on XD i just finished talking to my aunt about working on the arm again so yay!
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #89
LadyCrankypants

Aww, thanks! I'm pretty stoked about the wig, but I'm also a little worried... I've been going through tutorials, and pretty well all of them seem to require wefts for styles like this one. I'd just order some, but there aren't any available from the coscom wig store in that colour. I may try to go without and see how it works out, then look for some in a similar colour from a different site if I think I need more hair.

Glad to hear your swords are coming along, and can't wait to see your new arm (once you've had time to build it!)

Works in Progress

Unread 10-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #90
humanoidrkangel
Lunar Rose

>.> i dont know about it the new arm but i think me and my aunt might have a time to get together to work on it.