Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 05-26-2002, 11:14 PM   #1
Jibrille
Pirate for Life

Anime USA

Anyone here ever even heard of this con?
Its so small and great. I had an EXCELLENT time there last year, my friend and i got to go on stage and bother Steve Bennet durring his forum, then we got a whole bunch of stuff autographed by Rei Ayanami's voice actress, Amanda Wynn Lee. she was so nice and i was in my Ritsuko costume and it was funny cause she was excited cause she was telling me how ritsuko's VA is always sad cause she never see's anyone dressed up like that so she was gonna tell her cause its cool and i am rambling like an idiot, but it doesnt matter cause its COOL! cause there was like no one in line so it wasnt hard to get close and talk to all the cool famous type people. YEAH!
and the dealers room was one of the best dealers rooms i've ever been in.
and the panels are so nice and not crowded, and so many nice people and rockin staff!!!
It may not be for another 5 months but oh well, it still rocks. ^^
i cant wait. its nice and affordable too!

check it out. ^^
www.animeusa.org
Jibrille is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-31-2002, 08:26 PM   #2
Songo_Neko

I've been there!

Hey there! I've heard of AnimeUSA. It was my first con. I was the only Utena character there., Wakaba. Anyway! That was an awesome con! I got a lot of stuff that I thought I would never at any of the other anime stores I've been to. I hope to go again this year, that is if I get my costume ready by October. ^^()
Songo_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2002, 09:16 PM   #3
Jibrille
Pirate for Life

OMG! I REMEMBER YOU! we stood and talked by the registraition tables! I was the Ritsuko with the Miaka with her, thats so cool you were the best Wakaba we'd ever seen, perky and full of energy. ^^ definitly a good con to have as a first one.
We are going to be there again this year, maybe even for all three days instead of just two. i am very much looking forward to it, i hope you'll be there again. ^^
Unread 06-01-2002, 01:49 PM   #4
Songo_Neko

I remember now!! OH WOW! Small world! If you're going to Otakon look for a Sango! ^^ If want to get in contact with me send me an email at: whiterose_duelist_utena@hotmail.com.
Songo_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2002, 10:45 PM   #5
Jibrille
Pirate for Life

eyar har. glad to see more people know of this con... ^^;
Unread 08-09-2002, 08:41 AM   #6
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Actually, I'm going to go too!

Will you wear your Jibrille? I am considering being lazy and just-rewearing one of the costumes I might have only worn for a day... like say the formal Atziluth uniform. ^___^

Now I just need to figure out how much of a pain it would be to commute... and if it's worth getting a room.
Unread 08-09-2002, 09:35 AM   #7
Jibrille
Pirate for Life

yes i will be wearing jibrille again. ^^

i will also have both my tactics characters finished and i MIGHT have my grey jibrille done, MAYBE.

we just reserved our rooms, they have good space left, the probably wont run out till much closer to con, we just reserved soon cause we wanted to make sure we got joining rooms.

this is going to be costume con. see, the bonus is there isnt way too much to do and with rooms right in the hotel its no problem to continuously change costumes. so i am gonna see how many i can wear in one weekend. ^^; lol
Unread 08-09-2002, 10:13 AM   #8
Kaitou
Looking for my DZ0

As I said in the other topic, I hope to have time to cosplay, but because I am a guest (and they haven't told me how much time that'll take up), I dunno.
Kaitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 11:41 AM   #9
Kamui Motoaki
Edge Master of FOOD ^_^

Anime usa!

Yea! i was there last year...
i was the break dancing squall on stage..
then me and my friend johnny were the prople shooting each other with airsoft around the pool area.. and pissing of security there.. ^_^
Kamui Motoaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2002, 10:55 PM   #10
Jibrille
Pirate for Life

yay for the many dancing characters that appeared during that mess of a judging period. wouldnt have been so bad had they not tried to show the END of a series randomly (its my only gripe i had for that con)
what was that show... DUAL! yeah Dual. oh how they were bashing that.... *shakes head* it was almost as bad as Mystery Anime Theater at times...

> i was the break dancing squall on stage..

lol! and just for the record. in my group of cosplay people you are forever known now as "THE Squall" mainly because of the breakdancing... lol ^^