Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 08-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #1
Hyuponia
Dream Traveller

Question Poison Claws Janga-- Outfit and... Claw help?!

Some might remember Janga if they played through Namco X Capcom-- It was his only English game cameo outside of being mentioned in Guntz' Klonoa Beach Volleyball ending.
There's a cat under all this crazy, I swear.
See, his coat.. cape... thing bears a striking resemblance to a winter coat I used to have (in a different color of course), but I can't for the life of me think of a place I could get one, especially without a hood, especially in the summer season! Not even us Canadians are that crazy!
I'd like to avoid having to hand-make it, as I'll be dropping enough cash to make his head. I'm considering using a very long, loose shirt (seeing as it doesn't appear to be a REAL coat) or something, although I'll need buttons-- and that's where I need help for that bit. Might I be able to get my hands on some similar-looking buttons, or should I try to make them myself out of some sort of clay or something?
His hat is the next concern. I can't seem to tell what kind of hat that is... Does anyone know at all? His wiki page doesn't describe his appearance and I can't find a translated reference sheet.
Last but not least, claws claws claws. Janga's known for his claws. Setting aside my fear of them being deemed dangerous by con staff, I'm not sure what I should make them out of. I want them to look somewhat like a real cat's claws, but what material would allow for that? Also, how might I be able to attach them to my hands (seeing as my hands themselves would be covered by the sleeves).
Klonoa Fursuit - 2/4ths done head.
Janga Fursuit - Looking at scarves before I even touch him. (Will his claws be OK at cons?)
Lolo - Looking for wig...
Hyuponia is offline   Reply With Quote