Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

TRON: Legacy

Good god WHY is no one talking about this?

I've been off making my secret Tron costume plans for the past year and I assumed everyone else had their own plans and were chatting it up in threads.

Sadly, there is no Tron thread... until now.

Well, I will let on that I am planning a Tron group from the original film. Not saying how I'm making it (shhh, secret) but I will say that I may be able to change my suit colors at will (if all goes according to plan) >

I plan to have this group ready for Dragoncon. If they're finished then, then I will have plenty of time to make a suit or two from the new film.

COMMENCE CHATTER

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Aer
rawr

Oh man...you've read my mind. I've recently been thinking how cool it'd be to make one of the new suits :/
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
radarrox

Yay! A Tron:Legacy thread!
My own costume has inspirations from the original,KH, and the Legacy version. Sadly it won't glow, but I some places will light up if I do it right XD. I will also have a back-pack/holder for the disks from Legacy. I'm using magnets to get the disk to stick to my back, so I can take it off again easily.
/rambles/ XD
I'm wearing it to the midnight showing, just 'cause. 8]
Unread 03-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
bzou

I saw the trailer recently in theaters, and literally as soon as I saw one of the women in a tron outfit for like, a split second, I punched my boyfriend in the shoulder and told him "omigodIwannacosplaythat!" ...Then I hushed so I could watch the rest of the trailer. I would love to do a Tron: Legacy suit, but if I did it, I'd wanna go all out. ;3;
Unread 03-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
Nin-Kitty
Trickster

I already have a group going for the new Tron Legacy :3 So far I'm cosplaying as Sam Flynn, and we have a Quorra cosplayer, a Kevin Flynn cosplayer, and Flynncronie cosplayer ^_^

Our suits will light up, and my group pretty much has this cosplay at the top of their list. I'm also planning to make a somewhataccurate Light Cycle from my Suzuki for the Dragon Con Parade :3 All of these projects are going to be expensive but worth it.
Nin-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
radarrox

@Nin-Kitty
That is so cool! A group and a lightcycle as well? That's amazing! I wish you luck!
Unread 03-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
Nin-Kitty
Trickster

Thanks Radarrox ^_^ Its going to be hard cause we are working with a 96 suzuki that doesnt look much like the Lightcycle =_= but I think it will still look awesome!
Unread 03-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
radarrox

Hey, just wanted to update on what I what I've been doing. I've sewn this vest thing and hemmed it, and have begun adding the bias tape. I've also begun working on the pants, which when I get my bobbin to cooperate, I'll finish minus the elastic that I'll get later. Also, I've made the helmet and disk, but I need to go out and get paper clay,gesso,sandpaper, and paint for them. I'll be looking for rain boots this week, and probably more fabric because five yards was not enough xD.
I can't wait to see everyone's costumes !
Unread 07-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #9
Tom DePetrillo
Bumblebee Recycled

Wow , I was just thinking of doing a Tron cosplay, glad to see there will be company, though my light cycle will be made on a bike, so I can use it in a nightclub. not commited yet, but I want too so badly.
Tom DePetrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #10
Annissė
Annissė

Making Quorra's suit for D*Con 2010

I too will be HOPEFULLY making the Tron:Legacy Quorra costume for D*CON 2010. I badly want to finish that costume before the movie comes out and will be wearing it to a sneak peek movie premiere. I work for Disney and it would be RAD to walk in that theater all lite up in that costume

I am a total perfectionist. Right down to the details in the fabric. I can see from a post card for Tron:Legacy with Quorra I obtained from SDCC just last week, there are very tiny hexagon shapes in the spandex part of her suit. Have no idea where to get that exact print on a black spandex fabric like that. Would probably have to be custom made just the fabric order for a butt load of money.

Then her chest harness, back side and disk, arms and legging parts even right down to her boots are clearly a rubber molds. To get that actual material to achieve that look would cost a butt load as well.

With only a month to D*Con, and hardly any good reference photos of Quorra to go by at this point, I am going to probably half ass the materials, which I hate saying because I never do this. I can remake them another time hopefully before the movie's release in Dec. '10.

If any one here knows of where you can material custom printed please let me know.

Thank you!
~Annissė
Twitter - Annisse
DeviantArt - Annisse

UPCOMING COMIC CONs 2013:
DragonCon
Comikaze

UPCOMING COSPLAYS:
Evangelion 2.0 - Asuka in latex
Annissė is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #11
Nin-Kitty
Trickster

Anisse, I'm also making Quorra (changed plans after realizing how far over my head I was with Sam >>) I have most of her details worked out, so definately shoot me a note so we can tag team on this!
Unread 08-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
OO Green Ranger

If I wanted to make a suit, where would I start looking? I looked into this earlier in the year but there was very little info on it. At least on the legacy suits.
OO Green Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #13
Nin-Kitty
Trickster

Send me a message and I'll give you the info I have
Unread 08-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
OO Green Ranger

I sent you a pm
OO Green Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
Annissė
Annissė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin-Kitty View Post
Anisse, I'm also making Quorra (changed plans after realizing how far over my head I was with Sam >>) I have most of her details worked out, so definately shoot me a note so we can tag team on this!
Hi Nin-Kitty! How ya doing? Just wanted to see how you are coming along with your Quorra costume? And is there an entry for Tron Legacy in the parade this year? I was gonna skip the parade but I may just have to down a Rockstar get up at 6am and do this!

~A
Twitter - Annisse
DeviantArt - Annisse

UPCOMING COMIC CONs 2013:
DragonCon
Comikaze

UPCOMING COSPLAYS:
Evangelion 2.0 - Asuka in latex
Annissė is offline   Reply With Quote