Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #151
gatolina
super sprøde

just put up my photos of my tron: legacy group from this past Phoenix Comicon!
NEXT PROJECT: USING EL. haha... but for now, I am happy with my reflective tape/ribbon I found ^__^

Unread 06-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #152
rikkuchan01

my gem siren shoes are finished plz look at them and tell me if they are ok!!

masquerade serena (sailor moon) 90%
black rock shooter 100%
gem siren 90%
rikku ffx-2 100%
stocking bunny 100%
bulma bunny 100%
rikku ffx 0%
rikkuchan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #153
crazycallisto

Yes! Tron! I'll be going as Quorra one day to SDCC
crazycallisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #154
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Wow! Great job Rikku! Check the SDCC threads! There will be a tron gathering! ^_^

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #155
Prideful Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkuchan01 View Post
my gem siren shoes are finished plz look at them and tell me if they are ok!!
Amazing shoes! Where did you get the base? And what did you use to modify them?

After a friend roped me into doing Tron with her, I got really into it. I'm really excited to make Siren! I've done a lot of research and I only have a few things I need to work out.

First problem is I don't know how I'm going to hide my wires. I'll be using EL wires and diffusing them. I'm thinking about velcroing them on so I can take them off when I need to wash my outfit. Siren has 18 different segments of lights, so if I try to tape them down on the outside and hide them, wires will be everywhere and it'll be really risky. I was thinking about putting a hole where the wires can run underneath my costume to the invertor (battery pack), but I don't know if I'll be able to take the EL wires off my costume if I ever need to wash it. Unless if I can snip the wires or detach them, than reattach them without harm. Does anyone know if I can or not? Or if there are any other options?

My other problem isn't as much of a problem. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I can split a wire splicer? The biggest wire splicer I've seen can connect 4 different wires to one invertor. Could I splice the quad wire splicer into 16?

I hope my questions make sense. It's hard for me to explain it clearly...
Rachel Alucard from Blaz Blue
Prideful Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #156
ershin69

Greetings programs my name is Sam Flynn... i hope you enjoy my cosplay as well as i did.
ershin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #157
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prideful Shame View Post
Amazing shoes! Where did you get the base? And what did you use to modify them?

After a friend roped me into doing Tron with her, I got really into it. I'm really excited to make Siren! I've done a lot of research and I only have a few things I need to work out.

First problem is I don't know how I'm going to hide my wires. I'll be using EL wires and diffusing them. I'm thinking about velcroing them on so I can take them off when I need to wash my outfit. Siren has 18 different segments of lights, so if I try to tape them down on the outside and hide them, wires will be everywhere and it'll be really risky. I was thinking about putting a hole where the wires can run underneath my costume to the invertor (battery pack), but I don't know if I'll be able to take the EL wires off my costume if I ever need to wash it. Unless if I can snip the wires or detach them, than reattach them without harm. Does anyone know if I can or not? Or if there are any other options?

My other problem isn't as much of a problem. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I can split a wire splicer? The biggest wire splicer I've seen can connect 4 different wires to one invertor. Could I splice the quad wire splicer into 16?

I hope my questions make sense. It's hard for me to explain it clearly...
They look like these on eBAy.

I've decided to finally step into the world of Tron cosplay. But I'm not yet ready for awesome lightsuits yet. I'm planning on a casual Tron themed trench coat with removable el sheets. I just need to find the right clear vinyl that I want to use so it can actually go through the wash.

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #158
Icey
Loves the cold

I have a few pics of my Clu costume in my gallery here, though it has a few things that need to be worked out before I wear it again.
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #159
robotnik976
came from Planet Claire

Wow! Awesome work Icey! Did you use El Wire for the coat (and diffused it)?
robotnik976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #160
Icey
Loves the cold

Yeah, it's diffused el wire. I'm going to be redoing the lighting completely with SMD LED strips since the wire didn't work out as well as I had hoped, especially on the wider pieces like the underside of the cape. It's not bright enough to light a strip that wide without dark spots in the middle, not to mention the rigidity of it doesn't look as good on a flowing costume such as this versus the tighter suits. I want to redo the helmet too so it's more screen accurate, but the lights are the main priority at this point.
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #161
PetiteAltesse

Awesome! There's a Tron thread here. I was hoping there would be.

Around the beginning of January, my fiancee and I started on a Rinzler costume for an upcoming convention in April. The costume, right now, is about 65% done. I never thought I would be able to make this costume, but it's coming along nicely. I decided to use lyrca for the bodysuit and neoprine for the armor. My fiancee ordered lay flat LED's for the chest, arms, knees, and helmet lights. For my hands I am going to use EL wire and, with the idea I have in mind, it shouldn't look bad. I also have the store bought light disks to use.

Here are some WIP shots:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3143365/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3143366/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3143367/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3143368/

Last edited by PetiteAltesse : 01-29-2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Added links.
PetiteAltesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #162
PetiteAltesse

Got another update:

We carved sections into the neoprene for the wires to sit in and then covered those areas with the neoprene. We then added the third layer of neoprene for the detail.

Not everything is glued down completely (thus why some things look off).

Next we'll glue everything here down and move on the to arms, legs, and back. The back will be done last. We're also going to start the collar soon since the helmet will be here this week (hopefully).

Unread 02-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #163
PetiteAltesse

And one more:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3149980/

A lot of people were asking about the back mount so we decided to go ahead and start on that. After channeling the wires to the back of the costume, J gathered them all together at a single point in order for them to sit inside the disc mount. The disc mount itself is an eight ounce strap of leather covered in Neoprene. The leather itself is very stiff to hold it's shape, but soft enough for the disc to slip over the top.

We will also be able to get into the disc mount to change out the batteries, should we need to. It's going to have a cork-like lid that goes over top, so it will be a tight fit, but be easy to remove as well.

In order to get to the wires (should we need to), the disc mount is glued over top a back mount where the wires are safely kept underneath. If you notice in the bottom two photos, the back mount is not completely glued down. We're going to be using velcro to secure the back mount firmly onto my back. That way we can open it up to get to the wires.

That's all we've got so far. Still waiting on the helmet. Once it's here we will be working on the collar and the iconic "T" for my chest. In between the waiting we will be detailing the arms and legs. All mistakes will be fixed/painted over.

More to come soon.
Unread 02-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #164
PetiteAltesse

Working on the helmet:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...se-d4q9b3u.png

Last edited by PetiteAltesse : 02-22-2012 at 12:31 PM.
PetiteAltesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #165
Blanchard80

I love Tron Lagecy and especially the soundtrack, now working on the remix with my mp3 editor, I will share it with you as soon as it's ready.
Blanchard80 is offline   Reply With Quote