Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #31
ZeroEnna
Geocaching Cosplayer

Hey,

You have two options.
The first is to use shiny lycra for the bodysuit whichi would give it both a shine look on the legs and a structured look on the top.
Second, you can use stretch leather, which has imo the same look.

Regards

Zero
ZeroEnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #32
everythingman

My fiance and I are going as original TRON... Tron and Yori.. to the midnight release in Fresno, CA. We got the chance to wear the costumes we made to the Disney Meet-Up elecTRONica event last month and it was a BLAST. Anyone else doing classic TRON?
everythingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #33
anime_wench

It's just DAYS from the midnight release of TRON: Legacy, why is this thread so dead? lol! Any last minute costume tweaks? I'm going to be working on my friend Wills white toga thingy for classic Flynn today...
Wendy from Peter Pan
Kagome from Inuyasha

anime_wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #34
VampireKitten
Teh VK

I am working on mine, now that I got my account back (apparently something happened and I couldn't post). I have been working on a Siren with my boyfriend, I don't know anything about EL or anything electrical so he's been forging ahead on that one. Maybe I can get him to post here about it.

So far:
The outfit - I still need to find the right material... I am looking into neoprene or some spandex type material. Nothing has been done on this mostly due to the fact that we haven't actually gone out and looked for fabric yet. I'll probably find something in the Fabric District in LA.

The Disk - Is one of the "Sam Flynn" Deluxe disk's, got it at Toys R Us.
We took it apart and removed all the clear plastic to make room for the EL tape on the inside. The insides will be removed and it will be spray painted white.

The EL Tape - We have been trying to figure out how EL tape actually works and how to use it to our advantage. Most of the planning stages have gone into this and where to hide the battery packs (which will be placed in the center of the disk on my back as well as two within the boots). This is what it looks like in the dark, it's a bit more pinkish in the light but I don't expect to be wearing this in the sun lol.

Some notes, the Siren is possibly the hardest costume I could have picked to do. Just be warned it will be difficult, but I really wanted to go all out with this. I am super excited and can't wait to see the result. This will debut after the movie because we just simply can't get it done in time.

'Like' me on Facebook. Follow @VampireKitten on Twitter.
501st Legion SL-1613
VampireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #35
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Hmmm, where did you get your EL tape (flatlight) from?
VampireKitten

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #36
Tobias Night
Tobias Nightbringer

One more day kids! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I REALLY hope this movie isn't going to be a let down. Disney has promoted the HELL out of this movie. Wouldn't be surprised if they spent more money advertising this movie than it took to make the Avatar movie XD

Hopefully my photographer friend can get some great pictures of the cosplayers that will be at the El Capitan and post it here. These costumes are definitely something that needs to be showcased!

~Lyric to a song sung by Nat King Cole called "Nature Boy" (Thank you LadyHawke78 for getting the name of the song!)
Tobias Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #37
VampireKitten
Teh VK

I got the EL from a place called Glow Hut... just be warned it's not easy to work with.

501st Legion SL-1613
Unread 12-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #38
anime_wench

@Tobias - I am SOOOO jealous that you're going to the El Capitan! My fiance (going as Tron) couldn't get the Friday off work, and my friend Will (going as Flynn) couldn't manage another trip to southern California, so we're stuck in central California for the midnight release. We're usually the only ones cosplaying.. or rather, the only ones cosplaying well.. so it takes a bit of the zest out of the event. So post lots of pics, and we'll live vicariously through you.. lol! ^_^
Wendy from Peter Pan
Kagome from Inuyasha

Unread 12-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #39
Tobias Night
Tobias Nightbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_wench View Post
@Tobias - I am SOOOO jealous that you're going to the El Capitan! My fiance (going as Tron) couldn't get the Friday off work, and my friend Will (going as Flynn) couldn't manage another trip to southern California, so we're stuck in central California for the midnight release. We're usually the only ones cosplaying.. or rather, the only ones cosplaying well.. so it takes a bit of the zest out of the event. So post lots of pics, and we'll live vicariously through you.. lol! ^_^
Well that definitely sucks! This is the first movie where I've gone to see and wanted to go to the 'top notch' theater for the midnight release, and of course it HAD to be a Disney movie (generally dislike Disney). I still hate you Disney..always >.<!

I didn't even KNOW there are places that existed in Central California other than just...er...than just...hm...what exactly IS in Central California? XD

Anyway, hopefully my photographer friend can get plenty of awesome shots with people walking around like a boss

~Lyric to a song sung by Nat King Cole called "Nature Boy" (Thank you LadyHawke78 for getting the name of the song!)
Tobias Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #40
AznTranquility
Procrastinator

progress progress progress

MomoCos FB page progress photos!
Twitter
AznTranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #41
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireKitten View Post
I got the EL from a place called Glow Hut... just be warned it's not easy to work with.
I've used the split-diode type before, and yes, it's a pain in the butt.

Which is why if I ever decide to do costumes from the new film, I'll be using el wire and diffusing it with shower curtain or an other 'like' material.

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #42
anime_wench

O.M.G. TRON WAS AWESOME!!! I wore my Yori outfit and froze my ass off in the rain. Now I'm going to go pass out again so I can sneak in an extra hour of sleep before work.. but seriously guys. OMG! What did everyone else think??
Wendy from Peter Pan
Kagome from Inuyasha

Unread 12-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #43
VampireKitten
Teh VK

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguru View Post
I've used the split-diode type before, and yes, it's a pain in the butt.

Which is why if I ever decide to do costumes from the new film, I'll be using el wire and diffusing it with shower curtain or an other 'like' material.
To be honest... I think it will work out alright. I want it to be as smooth as possible. Would you know the best way of making a 90 degree angle with it?

I went to the Archlight in Sherman Oaks where they had some of the costumes and props on display in the lobby. I took some pics with my phone and I'll be posting those who anyone interested.

501st Legion SL-1613
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #44
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

Hey guys! So, I'm working on a Gem costume (and after seeing the movie yesterday, SO excited now!!) BUT I've run into a small dilemma. The shoes. I'm guessing we all noticed those sexy shoes the sirens are wearing (that for some unknown reason you couldn't see at all in the previews....BAHHHH). So what I have for references for the sexy sexy things are:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aN...%2Bcostume.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aN...n%2BLegacy.jpg

I'm not that good at editing shoes really, so I'm hoping to find as close to them as possible (I can add the fabric, but editing the actual shoe part would be hard) Any suggestions at all would be awesome.

Last edited by Clive-kun : 12-17-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Clive-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #45
MDA
Destiny Productions

I just got home from going to see it. A friend and I went to see the first showing (was at 6:50, but we went shopping after the movie).

I'm already working on Cora, and my friend is going to be making Zeus/Xeus(Sp?)

We're trying to figure out how to make our outfits glow.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote