Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 03-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
BCook

Team Fortress 2 at Metrocon!

Hello again boys and girls - Red Spy here from Megacon! Planning to cosplay a class from TF2 at Metrocon? Who will you be and on what days? How's your costume construction going? Share all thoughts about TF2 here!

We'll definitely be scheduling a meet-up and photoshoot as we get a little closer to the actual convention date, but feel free to comment with your preference for what day and time the gathering should be. Let's get planning!

I know for sure that my cosplay partner and I will be doing RED Spy & BLU Scout's Mom again on whatever day the meet-up is, and possibly Medics on another day. It's still too soon to tell!

Upcoming:
~ NYAF/NYCC ~ MangaNEXT ~

PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Last edited by BCook : 03-22-2010 at 09:53 AM.
BCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Champuro
PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

BLU Scout's Mom of the above-mentioned RED Spy/Scout's Mom team reporting in! I hope to see lots of people at Metrocon!

Megacon 2014| Metrocon 2014
PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Last edited by Champuro : 03-22-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Champuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
alluneedisluv
Wait wut?

Hey all! BLU Scout here and I'm gonna go ahead and get me and my Spy on the list for Metro. Lets see if we can get an awesome group going here guys!
alluneedisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
psychoaccess
lithium || flower

fem!Medic reporting in!

I am currently trying to coerce two I know for a Scout and a Sniper, but those are yet to be seen.

||CURRENT||
Medic & Torakaka & Gou - AWA

||PAST||
{Gaila; Star Trek} {Torakaka; BlazBlue} {Sister of Battle; Warhammer40k} {Bride Witch; Left 4 Dead 2} {fem!RedMedic; Team Fortress 2} {Motoko Kusanagi; GitS: S.A.C 2nd GIG} {Zoey; Left 4 Dead}
psychoaccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
.:Kiwi Tea:.

Yes, yes, I'm here. ;]

BLU Spy, reporting in. Scout and I are going to be making it a conscious effort to be there. (And hopefully this time, I won't be running around like a madwoman at the last second trying to get things together!)
.:Kiwi Tea:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
GiruSniper
Waaaaagh!

Hey guys, Red Heavy from megacon here. (the blonde hair one with the big bullet bandoleer, with the real sandviches =P) i'll probably be doing heavy again, not sure what day, maybe friday again.
Black Orc (Warhammer Online)(Epic%)
Heavy (Team Fortress 2)(100%)
space marine - warhammer 40k (75%)

Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell. -PALADIN
GiruSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
alluneedisluv
Wait wut?

Haha! We're all the same people from Mega so far, good to hear we'll be seeing some of that crew again, it was fun! Hopping in to say that we'll be bringing a big picnic lunch on Friday for any of the TF2 crew thats interested, I'm not sure when the photoshoot for us will end up, but the food has to be on Friday since I'll be bringing it from home. :] I'll set up a time for the picnic when we're closer to Metro, I'm not sure yet what the schedule is for the con.
Unread 03-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
Champuro
PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiruSniper View Post
Hey guys, Red Heavy from megacon here. (the blonde hair one with the big bullet bandoleer, with the real sandviches =P) i'll probably be doing heavy again, not sure what day, maybe friday again.
Can I just say that you look absolutely AMAZING in every shot that I have from the shoot at Mega? Your expression is priceless. It gets me every time.

This is good that we're having most of the same people so far! I'm excited to see a lot of you guys again - it already feels like it's been forever since Megacon~!

By the way, I just wanted to let everyone who doesn't live in the area know that there's a very cheap and relatively close hotel to the con that some of us TF2 folk are staying at. So if any more TF2 cosplayers want to try to get a room there we might be able to set up some impromptu gatherings and/or late-night pool parties and/or other shenanigans. It's the Tampa Bay Doubletree Guest Suites and it's $67 a night as of right now: http://travelc.priceline.com/hotel/h...787&plf=P CLH

PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Unread 03-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
GiruSniper
Waaaaagh!

Really?? ^_^ hehe thats awsome. the only one i really tried to make a face in was when we had all the guys around you (scouts mom). going for the crazy, laughing, bigsmile heavy. the rest are just me, lol.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...avyFace-tb.jpg

lol, but yeah. i'll take a look at that hotel and as long as you got sandviches at the picnic im there!

Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell. -PALADIN
Unread 03-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #10
Champuro
PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Hey guys! For those of you going to be at AFO this year for our convention-wide Capture The Intel! game, I've got the Administrator in-game announcement system up and running over on Twitter: http://twitter.com/capturetheintel

Through here, all captures will be noted in-game (Except to see tweets saying "BLU Team has captured the enemy intelligence!") as well as an hourly score-count. If you don't have a Twitter don't worry about joining - we'll have screens running at each base with all of this info - but if you want to get cell phone text updates whenever a capture is made you'll need to make an account and click on the icon that says "Updates are not sent to your phone" to activate this service.

Just wanted to let everyone know~!

PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Unread 03-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
alluneedisluv
Wait wut?

Wow we've got the twitter up and going?? Does that mean we have confirmation from AFO or does it just mean we're going to do it anyways even if its not official? XD (We SO will.) The plan sounds great and I'm really glad this is actually happening! I'm SO going to have the most intel caps! :] How are we going to be able to get the intel back from someone if they have ours?

Anyways, I'll be making a twitter then, I'm gonna be all over this game for as long as it lasts so I need to know these updates, haha!

And about the picnic, yes of course there will be sandwiches! ^^ Its going to be TF2 themed food, though I'm not giving away any of the other dishes yet.
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
Champuro
PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

We don't have official confirmation, but we don't really need it. The confirmation is only on whether or not there will be an actual panel instead of just a group meet-up. We'll definitely be having the game unless AFO chases us off with brooms and pitchforks, and even then we'll probably still be makin' captures!

We've got a pretty neat system worked out where you can "kill" a player and take your intel back by tearing off a team sticker that all players will wear on their arm (where class patches are in the game). RED players will get to wear RED logo stickers and BLU players will get BLU logos, and that's essentially your life in the game. Once your sticker is torn off, you've got to go all the way back to your base and "respawn" with a new sticker. :>

PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Unread 03-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #13
GiruSniper
Waaaaagh!

Thats cool, i was wondering if there was a way to kill other players. for the stickers its a good idea if one player sneak attacks the other and rips the sticker off (like a spy backstab, instakill) but what happens if we run into each other? are we just suppose to wrestle each other trying to rip off the sticker? kinda difficult if your already carrying around a huge weapons like my sasha.

dunno if you want to have gun rules or not? like if you carrying a weapon and you have it pointed at the player and yell "Bang" first you kill the other player? but you have to be within like 10 ft of the player?

probly just get too cofusing and im probly handicapping myself with this rule anyways trying to whip sasha around to yell bang while a little spy carrying those cap gun revolvers just quick draw on me i'll die alot lol.

Just gonna have to use my heavy ninja skills and hide in a bush and jump the other players as they walk by lol.

Unread 03-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
Champuro
PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

If players run into each other then it's all up to who can tear the other person's sticker off fast enough. We're going to try to have a game moderator wandering around to make sure that all kills are fair, but it's pretty much up to you guys as players to keep things respectful. Of course you can come to us if a player without a sticker tore yours off and we'll give you a new one, but as for who-tore-first you guys will have to figure that out yourselves. I'm not really too worried, though - all of you guys are so incredibly chill and amazingly nice, so I have a lot of trust in you. :>

We're actually not going to involve prop weapons at all since that makes it really hard to figure out who shot who and who needs to respawn. For cosplayers like you who are Heavies or Pyros or other classes with massive weapons we'll have a weapons drop at each base for you guys where B. (my cosplay partner and the other mod for this endeavor) and I will watch over your props and bags and things during the game if you think they'll get in the way. You don't have to if you don't want to, though - you're more than welcome to carry your weapons around but I know for you especially that might be really difficult.

Ninja skills will definitely come in handy in this game! Brush up on 'em and you'll be set~!

PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Unread 03-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
GiruSniper
Waaaaagh!

ok cool. are we allowed to guard our own intell?