Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 06-13-2010, 01:26 AM   #31
.:Kiwi Tea:.

@AmethystWolf - The only place I can think to look are your local thrift stores. We've been having a hard time trying to find overalls for Engi as well and if you can't find them in stores, it may just be best to start searching online. As for Engi's glove, maybe Home Depot or Lowes? Something in that department might have them. On a separate note, we're TOTALLY excited to see someone else headed our way! And don't worry, everyone starts off at some time, and TF2 is a great way to pick up the cosplaying bug! It's fairly easy and the crowd is AMAZING, so just do your best and have fun with it. ^^

@Prota-Girl - Whee, thanks so much! Can't wait to see you there too!
.:Kiwi Tea:. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #32

Yikes, this thread has died considerably!

If anyone else has plans to cosplay TF2 for this convention, you would be doing us a HUGE service by posting and letting us know! BLU Scout (alluneedisluv) and I are trying to whip up a TF2 picnic for Friday and we need to get a vague idea as to how many people we're gonna need to pack for. Also, if any of you guys wanna be dears and bring something to the picnic to share with the rest of your fellow TF2 cosplayers, it would be beyond appreciated! Otherwise, just post and let us know what's up.
Unread 06-28-2010, 05:18 AM   #33
GiruSniper
Waaaaagh!

I thought I would pop in again and see if you all are still alive, lol. Red Heavy reporting in... cant wait for metro, im really excited.
Black Orc (Warhammer Online)(Epic%)
Heavy (Team Fortress 2)(100%)
space marine - warhammer 40k (75%)

Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell. -PALADIN
GiruSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #34

Ahaha, so are we! And thanks for dropping by, the poor thread is dying pretty fast. We can't wait to see everyone at Metro again and my BLU Scout and I are working on Engineer and Sniper, respectively. Hopefully we'll have a big, interactive group again!
Unread 06-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #35
AmethystWolf
Blu Engiebee

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Kiwi Tea:. View Post
@AmethystWolf - The only place I can think to look are your local thrift stores. We've been having a hard time trying to find overalls for Engi as well and if you can't find them in stores, it may just be best to start searching online. As for Engi's glove, maybe Home Depot or Lowes? Something in that department might have them. On a separate note, we're TOTALLY excited to see someone else headed our way! And don't worry, everyone starts off at some time, and TF2 is a great way to pick up the cosplaying bug! It's fairly easy and the crowd is AMAZING, so just do your best and have fun with it. ^^
Sorry for the delay! Offline's been pretty crazy as of late.

Yeah, it's been crazy trying to find a proper pair of overalls, especially since I'm a big girl - I think looking online will probably be my best bet. But I found the gloves - thank you for the advice!

And thanks for the encouraging words! I'm still nervous, but all of the TF2 people I've seen seem to be pretty darn cool, and I'm looking forward to meeting others who enjoy the game. I can't wait to meet everyone there!

(Oh, and if that picnic is still happening, I'll see if I can rustle something up..)
AmethystWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 02:30 AM   #36

We just found my cosplay partner's pair of overalls and have proceeded to find at least three more pairs at the local thrift stores. So my advice? Keep checking but make sure you have an online back-up plan! If you need help, I can go run around for a bit and see what I can find around the interwebs, ahah!

Don't worry; on this end, we just convinced a group of friends of ours to cosplay TF2 with us and they'll be joining us as first-time cosplayers too! And we definitely welcome anyone who wants to join the madness that is the Team Fortress 2 fandom. XD

Yes, the picnic is still happening and if you feel the need to bring something, it would be most appreciated! (And on a side note, you shouldn't have to worry about that cosplay of yours; you're already in the Engie spirit using phrases like "rustle up." XD Good on ya!)
Unread 07-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #37
AmethystWolf
Blu Engiebee

Definitely still keeping it up. I'm going on another hunt today, actually, so wish me luck! Thank you for the offer for help, though - I may take you up on it, depending on my success (or lack thereof) here.

Haha, that makes me feel a hell of a lot better! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone, because it sounds like this'll be awesome. :3

Oh, definitely. I couldn't show up at a picnic empty handed. Is there a time set for it? I know that Friday was mentioned..
(pfffft - I didn't even notice that, oh dear! Maybe I'm getting too in character..)

edit: Got a pair of overalls!

Last edited by AmethystWolf : 07-01-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Unread 07-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #38

Alright! Congrats on the overalls; somehow, I think this is when people get rid of them. Not quite sure why, but hey, more to our benefit.

It will be, I'm sure. We seem to have a really awesome group pulling together; I already know the little group that we're bringing is quite the party. XD

Uh, we were thinking sometime later on Friday, so that we could place the picnic where people could eat there and not have to worry about spending money for dinner. As for a time, we're kind of in the air right now about that. (Ahaha, no way. Keep the character; it'll be great for shots and videos. XD)
Unread 07-04-2010, 03:44 AM   #39
AmethystWolf
Blu Engiebee

It was a major relief getting those. Otherwise, I would have resorted to using jeans, which - meh, accuracy. There's still a number of things that I need to fix up on the outfit, now that I think about it, but I'm too broke, so it'll be BLU Engineer 1.0, I figure. :]

Oh, my! That sounds very promising.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll drop in here every so often to check for times/updates and such. Anyone like Sandviches for the picnic?
(*laughs* Alright. I can't make any promises, mind, but I'll do my best!)
Unread 07-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #40

It was the same for us. It was either find them or order them online, and we're so wary about getting stuff like that. :/ Even the Engie goggles are nerve-wracking for us because we like to be able to see what we are buying in person.

Ahaha, got Sandviches covered. xD That was really the first thing we ever thought to bring and what started the picnic idea. But if you'd like to bring more, then by all means! We're already fretting about how to fit everything in my little four-door Nissan, along with the luggage and cosplays of five people. XD
Unread 07-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #41
AmethystWolf
Blu Engiebee

Yeah - I'm hesitant about buying clothing online, since the fits can be.. rather all over the place, especially for pants. I trust the company I ordered from since their clothing is exactly the same as what you'd find in their brick-and-mortar store, so I lucked out. Paid more to have it hemmed, but I figure I'm going to wear them more then once, so what the hell.

*laughs* I figured as much! I can see about either making more of 'em or getting other things like water/snacks/etc, depending on money. And oh gosh, that's quite a bit for that car! Good luck with all that, fffff. I BELIEVE IN YOU!
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #42
GiruSniper
Waaaaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystWolf View Post
Anyone like Sandviches for the picnic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Kiwi Tea:. View Post

Ahaha, got Sandviches covered. xD That was really the first thing we ever thought to bring and what started the picnic idea. But if you'd like to bring more, then by all means! We're already fretting about how to fit everything in my little four-door Nissan, along with the luggage and cosplays of five people. XD
Red Heavy wants Sandviches noW! lol. 19 days then.... this is gonna be fun

~Who touched Sasha!~ lol
Black Orc (Warhammer Online)(Epic%)
Heavy (Team Fortress 2)(100%)
space marine - warhammer 40k (75%)

Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell. -PALADIN
GiruSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #43
AmethystWolf
Blu Engiebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiruSniper View Post
Red Heavy wants Sandviches noW!
Yer gonna have to wait, big guy!
Unread 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #44
alluneedisluv
Wait wut?

Wow so I haven't been checking up here, thanks for keeping the thread alive! XD Just hopping in to say hi to the new people and see what I'd been missing.

Good to see you got your overalls Amethyst! Its a pain finding them. I finally got my goggles in the mail yesterday so i'm about ready for con time! Engie party at metro!

Haha! There will be LOTS of sandviches for you Heavy. We're getting olives and red and blue foofy toothpicks and everything!
alluneedisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #45
AmethystWolf
Blu Engiebee

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluneedisluv View Post
Good to see you got your overalls Amethyst! Its a pain finding them. I finally got my goggles in the mail yesterday so i'm about ready for con time! Engie party at metro!

Haha! There will be LOTS of sandviches for you Heavy. We're getting olives and red and blue foofy toothpicks and everything!
YEEEE HAW, ENGIE PARTY

Thank you; yeah, it was a big pain in the butt to find 'em, but absolutely worth it.

I'm ridiculously excited for this convention now since I'm meeting up with awesome TF2 folks. :3